• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV training guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoBoMaster13

Shiny and Event Collecter
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 4, 2010
    A good way to train attack is to use the v.s seeker on the Richboy on the way to sunnyshore forgot route # but if you have amulet coin you can get lots of money too.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    The route west of Sunyshore is a great way to EV train attack and gain money at the same time. There's a trainer with 2 Gyarados (4 atk total), and another trainer close by with a lv. 60 Luxio (2 atk), and he also gives 19k money with Amulet Coin.

OK. I'll put in a minute.
    EDIT: Didn't put the Gyarados one because there's already a trainer with six Magikarp that evolve, better than two Magikarp that evolve, but the rich boy is okay because he gives you money.

A good way to train attack is to use the v.s seeker on the Richboy on the way to sunnyshore forgot route # but if you have amulet coin you can get lots of money too.

It's the same as the one above...

I was wondering which would be more unbeatable a ev trained spiritomb or a drifblim? sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

Sorry, not the right place. Try the strategies & movesets forum.

I dont fancy the HP EV training spot D: Gastrodon is common but so are floatzels..and they happen to outspeed my tankers which I train there.

Yeah, I just noticed most HP training places have Speed or Attack EV Pokémon, too. If you train your Pokémon by switching with another one, you can still run (as long as it's leveled up). If you don't, switch if you find Floatzel (I know, it's a lot of time, but there's nothing else at the moment) Sorry, I'll be trying to get that section better.

EDIT: Just so you know, the thread was updated to include a guide to EV training at the top. You're still welcome to contribute with the locations.

Years
    Yep, the guide was by me. :) With some help from a few other sites where I gained my knowledge. If there's anything that needs to be added perhaps, please PM me or Shiny Umbreon, and we'll fix it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2007
    ok, so wait...
    if i wanted to start EV training with my monferno (lv. 34) right now, and i wanted to raise it's attack, i should go to route 10 and fight the designated pokemon ten times?
    what happens if i knock a pokemon out that's not on the right list? do i need to start all over?
    sorry, these may be simple questions..

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Not ten times, until they sum whatever number of Attack EVs you want, but with 255 as a maximum. Everything is explained in the guide, just read it. It also tells you what to do if you battle incorrect Pokémon.

Now it's time to takeover and make one super guide. :P

Good idea. Let's start thinking about the guide for the next generation.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I have a question regarding this entry:

Route 205 (Eterna Side). Fisherman Andrew, in the wooden bridge, the second person from the right, has 6 Magikarp (1 Speed), which can become Gyarados (2 Attack).

Does this guy's 6 Magikarp turn into 6 Gyarados? Because that would make my life loads easier training for attack EVs

Years
    I have a question regarding this entry:

Route 205 (Eterna Side). Fisherman Andrew, in the wooden bridge, the second person from the right, has 6 Magikarp (1 Speed), which can become Gyarados (2 Attack).

Does this guy's 6 Magikarp turn into 6 Gyarados? Because that would make my life loads easier training for attack EVs

You can just go to Route 229 above the Resort Area and fish with the Super Rod, it is a 100% chance of finding Gyarados there.

Years

However, when you are done EV training there is a lady in the Sunnyshore city mart who will give your Pokemon an Effort Ribbon for completing it's EV training.

--> Does that mean I get the ribbon when my pokémon has gained all its EV (from fighting other pokémon), or when all EV points have been actually applied to its stats..?
    I'm asking because I just finished EV training my first pokémon, and I tried very hard to keep track during the fights. All 510 points should be full now, but I still won't get that ribbon. :(

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years

However, when you are done EV training there is a lady in the Sunnyshore city mart who will give your Pokemon an Effort Ribbon for completing it's EV training.

--> Does that mean I get the ribbon when my pokémon has gained all its EV (from fighting other pokémon), or when all EV points have been actually applied to its stats..?
    I'm asking because I just finished EV training my first pokémon, and I tried very hard to keep track during the fights. All 510 points should be full now, but I still won't get that ribbon. :(

I'm almost sure it's when you have them. You don't need to level up. Maybe you haven't noticed you only have 508 EVs (because 2 are always wasted) so you may be either missing 2 or made a mistake calculating.

I've been thinking. Should I erase the VS Seeker section? It's useless really. Why would you waste your 100 steps (and they even say no to battles sometimes) for Pokémon you can find in the wild? If you're talking about EVs, it's the same if it's in Lv1 or 100. Also, some sections are missing trainers. Should I do this?

Last edited:

Ruisu

The mind taker
    Years
    Ev's traing

Ok if this is the wrong place to post this then im sorry but i need to ask this question if i need 255 speed on my lvl 1 gible does that mean i just give it a exp share and lvl it up fighting golbats?

Ruisu

The mind taker
    Years
    ok im in victory road sufing fighting golbats with my gible holding exp share but every time it lvls it says its gaining +1 on all the stats i thought i was meant to be getting +2 speed from them am i doing something wrong?

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    BTW, ftw its better if you gave your gible 252 EV's in one stat, the extra 3 is pointless, your off better saving.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back