• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evanescence.

PokeTrainerCarol

Alright :) Everyone has different tastes on everything...I've learned that by now o_o I'm not really looking for dark music or anything...just something with a sound I like :) so I think Evanescence is cool and...I guess that's it XD

....What's a goth? (I must be sounding dumb by now >_>)

I don't know, I could list the music I like and sound completely strange...Linkin Park, Evanescence, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Trapt, Alanis Morissette, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, Selena(mostly her English stuff, I'm not much in cumbia and so on...despite I'm Hispanic XD actually I don't like it)... X_x I also like some Britney Spears stuff o_o

If Evanescence were gone and forgotten in 6 months wouldn't that be like record time for a band that disappear? I'd be funny! They got a hit single, then bam XD Not I hope it happens though o_o

Last edited:

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    *Looks around* Where's the spammer DragonTrainer's ticked off at?! Where? Where?

Anyways, I just downloaded some great pics of her from kazaa ^.^ Yay! Evanescence rocks!

Hey, Lightning, how much did those tickets cost? O.o;; btw, how are you going to toronto? Do u have to pay for that trip too? o.o;;

I want some Evanescence tickets....

*gets runned over*

~CaRtOON

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    All his posts were deleted...that is why I say not to yell at them. Confusing later on.

I think she lives close to there? I know she lives in Canada.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The tickets were $100 (Canadian) for 2, so about $50 each with taxes and everything. Ticketmaster can really lay down the charges since they were advertised for $27.50 or something like that. XD

Btw, I live in Toronto, so I'm hoping it won't be much of a problem to get there. XD

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Lightning said:
    The tickets were $100 (Canadian) for 2, so about $50 each with taxes and everything. Ticketmaster can really lay down the charges since they were advertised for $27.50 or something like that. XD

Btw, I live in Toronto, so I'm hoping it won't be much of a problem to get there. XD

Aww, man.. Lucky gurl.. >.<;; Geem I wasn't expecting it to cost that much.. O.o;;

BTW, I heard Amy Lee's zodiac sign is Saggitarius, so hey! That means Carol and Lightning will be her perfect friend! *since sag and aries are both fire types*

~CaRtOON

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    There's an insane guy?!?! Where?! Where?! *looks around*

Evanescence is rap/rock element? O.o;; How can rap be added to rock, I hear them, and they sound pretty much more like rock to me. ^^;

Awww, but Amy has a beautiful voice.. Doesn't she guys?

*gets killed by an crazy guy*

~CaRtOON

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I'm listening to "Bring Me To Life" on the radio right now, it's a fantastic song. Evanescence plays here in January, but I won't be allowed to see it (way too expensive and my family reckon the music I listen to is crap anyway). The new one - "My Immortal", is it? - is pretty good too.

Cherrim

Years
  • I would say Linkin Park is a great example of Rap/Rock. ^_^; Evanescence has some rapping, like in Bring Me to Life, although not all versions of it contain rapping. There isn't too much rapping on the CD that I can recall, though. o_o;

The thing I like about Amy's voice is how it's so pure. She doesn't have that weird sound like most singers do. You know, the one like with Christina Aguilera how her voice gets kinda... garbled. I have no idea how to explain it, obviously, but this girl on the bus in vocal arts sings Evanescence songs like that and she ruins it. ~_~

punkie90

You can call me PK!
    Years
  • LOL! This one girl i know named Kristina at my school went to one of those concerts! Wel.. See i don't know to much about evenscence! But i will beleve what u all say! But who is correct????

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • OK, I found the rap. It was in the 3rd minute, which explains it. Whenever I start playing that song, my family yells at me to turn it off before it gets that far. I'd love to see Evanescence live. Apparently Nickelback (another favourite) are coming here next year too. I really want to see Linkin Park or Good Charlotte, but my parents would never let me go to any of that stuff.

Cherrim

Years
  • Well, I saw the concert on Sunday. :) It was amazing. For the first while I about about 20 feet from the stage. Seether was first. I really liked their cover of Nirvana's "Rape Me" (one of my favourite songs of all time XD). Then the lights went on again for about 20 minutes before Finger Eleven took the stage. They were really awesome because they kept thanking us for making their song "One Thing" the #1 song on the charts. They're Canadian, too, so it's all good. Once again the lights went on for about 30 minutes. At that time I moved back to the outer rim of the crowd because I was worried people might start pushing when Evanescence came on and I didn't wanna get stuck in the middle. X_x; Besides... a lot of people were smoking. ~_~ Finally, Evanescence hit the stage. Unfortunately, there was this row of tall people so I barely got to see Amy during the concert, but that didn't really matter. (I saw very clear pictures of her whenever the guy in front of me would hold up his digital camera. I love the screens on those things! XD) The best songs they played were Imaginary and Tourniquet. Then again, I may be biased since those also happen to be my two favourite songs. XD

Bleh.. that was a lot of fun. My next goal? Getting tickets to the Linkin Park concert in January and the Nickelback/Three Days Grace concert in February. XD

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jan 19, 2004
    Lightning said:
    ^_______________________^ I'm going to their Toronto concert on December 14th!!!!!!!!!!

Er... yeah. Now that that's out of the way... XD;; What do you guys think of Evanescence? I personally love all of their music. @_@ It's so... interesting. And original. It's not like all the other stuff out there. ^_^;

What about you guys?
    Evanescence is alright, something I can stand listening/watching, but if I were to pick, I'd rather rock-on to Disturbed.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • What really annoys me is the lack of underage shows. Two of my favourite bands, Evanescence and Blink 182, are touring here over the next three months, and since they aren't playing any underage gigs I can't go. It's sooooooo annoying.

Cherrim

Years
  • I can't stand that either. >_<;; A really good band will come here and they'll have age restrictions. ;_; It's really annoying. I find it kind of weird that the Blink 182 and Evanescence concerts were like that in your area... Blink stopped in Toronto for their Dollar Bill tour and it was an all-ages show... same with Evanescence (obviously or I wouldn't have gone >_>). =\ Weird how concerts can be so different in seperate places.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Man. People don't ever tell me these things these days. Michelle Branch at the Kool House on October 26, I knew on October 27. Evanescence on like last Sunday and I knew about it during Live @ Much on Saturday...

Sheesh, I know less about events in Toronto than people outside of Toronto. Shame on me. :P

Hey Lightning, you live in TO? I come from the suburban city of P-Town. lol

Now onto topic: Evanescence is amazing. I think the album version of "My Immortal" destoryed the radio version and pretty much every other song by Evanescence (IMO!). :P

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I listened to "My Inmortal" and trying to download it ^_^ Its very nice! ^-^ Did you get to take any pictures at the concert, Lightning? O_o; I'm still jealous ;_;

*gets killed by tickets*

Back