• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Even more amazing Pokemon games for 2012!

blue

gucci
Years
  • Japanese magazine Famitsu has posted a greetings card sent out by The Pokémon Company. This greetings card doesn't reveal much news but does state that they intend to release "even more amazing games" in 2012 than in 2011. This follows on from 2011 where the games: Pokémon Typing DS, Pokédex 3D, Pokémon Rumble Blast and PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond had their Japanese release. As we know, Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition is due for release in the Spring in Japan, so there are bound ot be more surprises.

This was pulled from Serebii, basically Nintendo plan to throw out even more surprising games this year than in 2011, what games do you think they could be or what would you like to see? Could this possibly be referring to the much anticipated R/S remake? or a completely new spin-off series? or even a third game.. discuss!

Update.

Nintendo have released the following statement:

With a strong lineup of software on the horizon, including new installments in the Mario Party™, Pokémon™ and Kid Icarus™ franchises, as well as third-party games such as Resident Evil® Revelations from Capcom and METAL GEAR SOLID® 3D Snake Eater from Konami for Nintendo 3DS, that momentum should continue into the first quarter of 2012 and beyond.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    A real game, at least one probably two titles in already established Pokémon series and at least one new game concept as yet unannounced will be released in 2012.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I see a mainstream either being a RS remake or a third game for 2012 but I don't want to go into a different discussion. I'd love to see a Colosseum remake or a new Mystery Dungeon.

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • I doubt a Colosseum remake or continuation, but that'd be so cool. <3

Really, I just want anything mainstream.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • True, I'm sure if something in that line was going to happen it would have already but you never know what they can do next! still hoping for a mainstream.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Do note that the lead-up to Black and White began with The Pokémon Company mentioning a "new Pocket Monsters title" back in January 2010.

So yeah if it's the same case again look towards more concrete info around April - May and the standard release in September.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Obviously Grey is one since we already have a tad of info on them revealing info about Kyurem in the next 2-3 months. Plus Kyurem is in the summer movie just like Rayquaza and Giratina were.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • True, the fact that the spring game will be out around then cancels an announcement for then, they will probably make an announcement some time early summer say June then throwing out a couple of spin-offs then go for a release between Sep-Dec.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I think we'll see a new Stadium game for the Wii U, a new mainstream game, possibly Mystery Dungeon and maybe a new game all together.

Xx Typhlosion xX

Typhlosion FtW!
    Years
  • I would like to see R/S remakes and Grey/3rd Game for Black and White, but what I'd also like to see is a completely fresh Pokemon adventure game (like colloseum and XD) for the Wii U, since it is coming out soon this year, Pokemon in HD graphics would be interesting.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • We all assumed it happened but it may be sooner than you think, this was announced by Nintendo..

With a strong lineup of software on the horizon, including new installments in the Mario Party™, Pokémon™ and Kid Icarus™ franchises, as well as third-party games such as Resident Evil® Revelations from Capcom and METAL GEAR SOLID® 3D Snake Eater from Konami for Nintendo 3DS, that momentum should continue into the first quarter of 2012 and beyond.

What could this be..

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    We all assumed it happened but it may be sooner than you think, this was announced by Nintendo..

What could this be..

So thats from Nintendo America? Hm, a new pokemon game in the US in the first quarter of 2012? I don't think its going to be the crossover, since Im pretty sure it will release in Japan first, and I actually don't even think it will get a US release.

Im really not sure what it could be. Its more than likely just another spin off though. Maybe MD?

iDason

Elite Botanist Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Hrm, Im really actually hoping for pokemon grey, and Im really hoping that they bring back pokemon walking with you! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Im not sure if that Nintendo Press release is referring to Wii games too, because if it is then its probably about PokePark. I can't really tell from that paragraph. But I know the press release was about the 3DS, so is it referring to a new Pokemon game on the 3DS?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If the new games are the R/S remakes, the third version of B/W or the new Mystery Dungeon games, then I'll be happy.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I want a Colo/XD sequel where you can customize your character or at least play as a girl.

Anything else (3rd game, R/S remake, anything PMD related) I couldn't care less about, and I wouldn't bother spending my money on.

GreenEspeon

Known as BlueUmbreon on PHO!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I suppose the likeliness of a DSi game being released is low? Because I don't fancy buying a 3DS just to play one game. I'd like to see a R/S remake but I don't think a Pokemon Grey would really make sense... I also agree with Elite Overlord, another XD style game would be nice but it probably won't happen since The Pokemon Company seem to have moved on to the DS in recent years :/

Back