• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Giveaway! (shaymin, Darkrai, Manaphy)

Skullie

.∙:||º¿ωhäää?º|| :∙.
Years
  • The reason I love and or like pokemon is a simple question for me to explain to you. To start off, A friend told me all of these wonderful games she has played on her Nintendo DS. She reccomended pokemon diamond and/or pearl. I didn't happen to like pokemon at that time at all. But one I found out the true quality,joy, and point of most pokemon games, I started to relize that pokemon could just might be a future commetmient. I havent been playing/watching pokemon for that long in that matter, but I still have a love for it. Once I really got into this Role play game as dawn in Pokemon Diamond, I began to get into the manga, TV show, etc.. I began to get better and better on this quest to "catch em' all." on pokemon daimond, while getting into the Pokemon Anime show. This is in conclusion my essay of why I have such a dear comment for this game. I am NOT writing this essay to win (even though that would be grand.), but to express to all of you how much fun something as simple as this can be. Thanks To Mei Lynn (not the gym leader, the firend who told me about beloved pokemon.), and Game freak, for such a wonderful RPG, and to the producers who runs the Anime series.

Skullie

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2008
    I like pokemon for many reasons.One is that you can battle them.Also you can see diffrent types and kinds of pokemon.I like pokemon because you can trade them with friends too!The most exciting part about pokemon is that you can bond with them and love them.Now you see why i love pokemon alot!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2009
    Pokemon. One word to sum up many creatures that are both beautiful and terrifying. Some dazzle us with beauty and grace such as Gardevior while others terrify us with their strange appearances such as Gastly. Most pokemon have special abilities whether its Jigglypuff singing, which tends to put everyone to sleep and makes Jigglypuff angry or Pikachu's thunderbolt. Others amuse us like the playful Chimchar and others calm us using their abilities like Chimecha. Whatever the pokemon, all are loved. Especially by me.

arch

not pro but good enough
    Years
  • the reasons I like pokemon is because it reminds me of my dad. My dad was a natural hunter and survivalist. Just like in pokemon you have to hunt down the pokemon for your team. He hunted to provide for me and my family. Now when I play I remember what kind of man my dad was and the team he made of his family and friends.

Leni

Professional cookie baker
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    I've loved pokemon for about as close to forever as possible. When the first episode was aired in the UK my dad convinced me to watch it. "you'll like it, honest" he goaded, but I wasn't convinced, yet 30 minutes later I was hooked.
    It wasn't long before I noticed other kids at school, playing their gameboys at breaktime. "muuum! I want a gameboy! can I have one, please?" I begged, but alas, I was not allowed to just get one, I would have to wait till my birthday...
    ..Aaaaarrrghghggghhh!!!!! I couldn't stand the wait! I tried everything to compensate for not being able to raise my own pokemon, I played the trading card game, collected action figures, filled my Pokemon sticker album and bought all the cassettes and VHSs I could find (I dunno, some sort of prehistoric dvd's i think :P) but it just wasn't the same, so I took to the unhealthy habit of spending my breaktimes at school staring over the other kid's shoulders, watching them play their pokemon games (really was bad for me, I lost a tooth once)
    But one day, my luck changed. The kid my mum babysat after school left his gameboy on my sofa along with his copy of Pokemon Blue. I was ecstatic, finally I could play the game i'd longed for all this time. It wasn't a bad thing to do, surely? Wasn't like I was gonna delete his game...
    Which meant I couldn't save, and this was back in the stone age, before rechargeable lithium batteries and all that malarky, this badboy was running on AAs, which meant i couldn't afford to leave the game on to take a break. No, i would have to play it all night, non-stop, and play it I did. Several hours- and a lot of smiling- later, It was my bedtime so I reluctantly turned off the gameboy and went to bed. But I couldn't sleep. I had a headache.
    But this wasn't like anything i'd ever felt before, the pain was intense, i felt sick, couldn't eat, and the headaches peristed for years afterwards.
    Of course, my parents clocked it straight away, it was the gameboys fault, so gameboys must be evil. Suddenly, i realised the true meaning of mortification: I was banned from gameboys!
    Of course, years later I turned 18, went on holiday with my boyfriend and bought a DS from a shop which doesn't exist near my home, so even if my parents tried to make me take it back (which they didn't) I couldn't have. :P
    I don't blame pokemon for my headaches (they've stopped now anyway, thankfully) I blame the boy who left his gameboy at my house.

I told you this little story about myself to show how pokemon has affected my life in many ways, almost all my childhood memories contain some sort of pokemon reference, and it continues to shape my adult life. There are so many stories I wanted to include in this "little" anecdote, but i thought if I gave you a thousand word essay with bullet points and diagrams i might get ignored :P
    I guess there's not much more I can say besides, Viva la Pokemon!

(oh, and just as a little afterthought: If I somehow win {here's hopin' :P} could you maybe bump me down to second place? lol)
    Edit: wow, when I started writing this, no-one else had replied lol

xxx

Years
  • Pokemon is the manifestation of our boundless imagination. It takes us away from the boring reality and into a distant, yet close land filled with endless possibilities and opportunities. Its world and history are heavily and richly diverse with content drawn from numerous mythology and folklore such as Ho-Oh being based on the Egyptian Phoenix, with scientific connections as to as deep and compelling as the breeding system that is modeled after nature's chromosome inheritance, and expressing powerful feelings of joy, sorrow, triumph, remorse, love, and hate through a meaningful journey filled with obstacles and details. Not only educational and entertainment urges are satisfied, but it also arouses our soul to become more aware of our human emotions.

Our Pokemon are wondrous mirrors of our personalities, critical thinking skills, and social aptitude. Whether you are a patient and nurturing fellow or a hasty and crude bully, a mastermind strategist or a laidback lad, an amicable companion or a intimidating foe, they are all revealed. Our potential in life can be well reflected in our decisions and actions in the course of the game. Every now and then, take a look back at your journey and think about how much you have grown. Such is one of the true satisfactions in Pokemon.

To sum it up, Pokemon contains universal concepts that everyone will experience, no matter whether they are young or old as Pokemon is a timeless piece, which allow us all to be connected to the franchise and to other fans deeply. That is why I love Pokemon.

Last edited:

Hiraku

Resident Italian Cutie
    Years
  • I like Pokemon because it helps poeple connect and understand things better. Without Pokemon, I would not have made many of my friends. Pokemon is a way to help poeple realize things they did not see before. Like, maybe you were always mean to people before. Then you saw a Pokemon episode and it changed your perspective. Pokemon does that to you. I learned that sportsmanship and fairness from Pokemon. I really respect Pokemon because of that.

Years
  • Pokémon is a fun-filled experience for many players of many ages to enjoy. There have been many great games over the years, and many exciting adventures. There are countless things to do every day in the world of Pokémon, and these things seem to never end. There is a vast world of Pokémon out there for this world to create, see, and enjoy. I personally love Pokémon because of it's limitless adventure! There is a legendary or shiny to get all the time, and all of this hunting, training, and capturing is always keeping me on my toes! I have loved Pokémon for a couple years now, and I know that my love for it will never die! I will try and keep everything Pokémon alive for many years to come and look forward to every day where I can get more and more knowledge and skill at this great franchise!

Years
  • Alright...My story starts off with me in elementary school.Everybody had a gameboy color...I didn't.I would be on the school bus hovering over kid's shoulders going,"Wow!Thats amazing!"I was hypnotized...
    I loved the show so much.It was relaxation for me.Even now,when i'm angry,i'll pop in a pokemon movie/episode for some relief from my daily stress.I don't care how old I am,Pokemon will always have that nostalgia in my heart.When I have kids i'll show them the wonderful franchise that brightened my childhood.
    Laugh if you want,but my first pokemon game was Emerald.I truly lagged behind XD

In the end Pokemon is so much more than cute animals.In a way,it teaches you about a great many things.

((I have enough passion to this that I wrote this on my wii lol))

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • INTRO......
    I LOVE POKEMON YOU KNOW WHY?....
    WELL BECAUSE FIRST OFF ALL I LIKE THE IDEA OF THAT POKEBALL AND ITS VERY UNIQUE TO THE OTHER GAME . THEN I LOVE THE THE TRAINING AND CAPTURING LIKE A WHOLE NEW WORLD OR IN OTHER WORD SECOND LIFE. ITS REALLY FUN SEEING YOUR POKEMON EVOLVING OR TRAINING IT EVEN THOUGH SOME PEOLPLE SAYS "YOUR JUST WAISTING YOUR TIME", WELL FOR ME EVEN IM WAISTING MY TIME...I KNOW THAT TIME IS ALL WORTH IT. I ALSO LOVE THE POKEMON CAUSE ITS REALLY COOL THAN OTHER GAMES..........:D

MY LIFE.........
    WELL I USED TO HATE POKEMON ( PLEASE DONT HATE ME :) ) THEN I HAVE A COUSINE WHO HAS A POKEMON YELLOW....
    THEN HE LET ME USED IT... AFTER A COUPLE MINUTES I WAS AMAZED IN THIS GAME IT 'SO COOL" THEN MY COUSINE LET ME BATTLE THE POISON GYM LEADER "KOGA" AND I WON USING HIS POKEMON AFTER THAT DAY I BOUGHT A GAME "POKEMON CRYSTAL" AND MY COUSINE AND I BECAME POKEBODY :D.......THANKS TO MY COUSINE HE SHOWED ME THE POKEMON GAME ...SOO WITHOUT I WOUNDN'T BE A POKEMON LOVER TODAY AND FOREVER :D........

GAMES.......
    THE FIRST GAME I EVER PLAYED WAS POKEMON YELLOW AND NOW I STILL LIKE THAT GAME..... NOW I HAVE 'POKEMON DIAMOND' THAT MY MOM WONT LET ME :( .... BUT I SAVED MY LUNCH MONEY JUST TO BUT THIS GAME AND NINTODO DS .... WHEN I BOUGHT THIS GAME I WAS SOO EXCITED TO PLAY THE GAME... SO I RAN TO MY ROOM AND STARTED MY GAME I PICKED CHIMCHAR AS MY STARTER (COZ CHIMCHAR LOOKS CUTE) AND MY FIRST CATCH WAS A STARLY... IT WAS SOO COOL AND SAVING MY MONEY WASN'T A BAD IDEA AND ITS WORTH IT TOO......

PLAY.....
    WHEN MY FRIENDS IN OUR HOUSE WE COULDN'T RESIST TO PLAY POKEMON SO WE ALWAYS PLAY POKEMON RANGER AND IM ALWAYS THE RANGER (RANGER OUR COOL) SOO MY FRIENDS OUR POKEMON AND IM TRYING TO CATCH THEM AND IT JUST LIKE A HIDE AND SEEK GAME BUT YOU HAVE TO USE A STICK AND CIRCLE AROUND TO CATCH THEM .... AND SOMETIMES ITS REALLY HARD TO FIND THM AND CATCH THEM SOO THEIR ALWAYS WIN :D (GOOD TIMES)........

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR READING MY POST HOPE I DIDN'T WASTE YOUR TIME :D.....................

Last edited:

*MANAPHY*

THE PRINCE OF THE SEA
    Years
  • Pokemon is one of special thing in my life.The songs was wonderful and the episodes too. My favourite trainers are Misty and Dawn yeah that's all. I started playing pokemon game since I was 10.I like water type pokemon.... because their cool, strong and i was trying to be a water type pokemon trainer just like Misty:D..and being a good water pokemon trainer is my goal... well my first favourite pokemon is vaporeon becuase it looks like a mermaid and im still collecting every water pokemon even though some trainers thinks its damn or ugly or weak but for me water pokemons are my speciality .

DDM

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    I enjoy pokemon both because of the strategic gameplay and the design and use of some pokemon. I have always enjoyed strategy games, such as chess and monopoly. However, I have not seen Pokemon as a strategy game up until very recently. Most of my life I played it because I enjoyed collecting all of the different types of pokemon and testing them in battle, because I am fairly competitive. I also enjoyed having a commonly enjoyed subject to discuss with my friends.

Some pokemon intriuge me because of their design and use. I always thought that iw was funny, for example, that there was a Pikachu that knew fly. There are some pokemon, like Driftloon, that I think are intriuging to look at and think about. The use of some pokemon also is funny- who would think that mean-looking pokemon like Skarmory or Gilscior would walls?

Mostly, I enjoy pokemon because it immerses me in a world different than my own, one that I can contemplate and enjoy.

--DDM

P.S. I may be unable to get on my DS for a while, so if I win anything I may have to wait to recieve it.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I remember the day I found out about Pokémon. I was in Year 1 in infant school and my best friend Wesley brought in these 'Pokémon Cards' every one (all the boys anyway) found them awsome. The next day I went round his house cause I had bought some too, and he was playing on pokemon yellow, I loved it to be frank. At christmas I got my first ever console and game, a Gameboy Colour and Pokemon Silver. Even now after every one else I know bar 2 people think pokemon is rubbish and kiddy I still love the games and own Silver, Emerald, Sapphire and Diamond, Silver was my first ever game and still one of my favourites. And I have pledged my self to completing my Diamond Dex, as I never did complete the Pokédex on th others. I just love the way pokemon is so huge and hard to 100% complete. I have always liked games that have so much replay value and take AGES to complete.

Mostly I like Pokemon for its size, replay value and gameplay.

HaraQ11

Uber Poke Trainer in his Cave.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    Ahh, teh pokemanz. I remember when i was teenie weeny baby i would always be playing blue or red. Pokemon was my life. Pokemon taught me to read at a very young age. Everynight my mum and dad would ask what i was doing and i responded "reading pokemon". Of course they just chuckled and told me to keep it up but never actually believed me until one night they actually listened to me and were amazed. I even remember when i went to america i got a 200 in 1 game and it had Green version, but it was in chinese. I managed to get to the second gym in chinese but gave up after that. My love for dragonite started in Blue and it still has not stopped.
    I also have an excellent assortement of pokemon cards and still manage to find them hanging around in small, weird places.
    I also have all the videos of the first season (Kanto) and i remember watching the first episode billions of times to keep seeing Ho-Oh in it.
    I have the movies aswell.

Pokemon is always gonna be best thing eva created!

Oh and seeing Digimon movie only increased my appretiation of Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2008
    the reason i want the pokemon is becouse i started play when i was a little kid my parent's never had the time to take me to the event's so ive been trying to collect them myself ive managed to get a few but i think i will never complete it so it is a dream i always hoped would come true
    every time i heard the pokemon theme song i would run to the tv to watch it pokemon has alway's been a game i loved.

Last edited:
    Back