• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever been emotionally attached to one of your pokemon?

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
    Years
    Ok.. what I say here, stays here. Yes.. I was emotionally attached to one of my Pokemon before. It was my Swampert. I used to talk to it while I played Pokemon Ruby. It was like my imaginary friend, and I even asked my mom once if I could change my name to Swampert. I used to think that he followed me to school and helped me with my schoolwork. It was pretty weird.. but I lost him in an unfair trade. Aaron said that he would give Swampert back after he beat the Pokemon League. But I never got it back. My cousin tried to make a copy of Swampert with Pokesav, but it just wasn't the same.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
    My Jaydin - a male Linoone - has been the pride of my games from Sapphire to Emerald to Diamond. I still remember the day I got him as a Level 2 Zigzagoon just outside of Littleroot, and ever since for some reason I just could not leave him behind like I did all my other Pokemon prior. What I would have normally done was just stick with my starter and own everyone in the game with just that Pokemon and not even train my others, but I felt that there was something different about that particular Zigzagoon.

He has never ever fainted on me once. He's been my most reliable and dependable team member since the very first moment I captured him; hell, I've never even had to use a potion on him! It seems like I'm more capable of getting criticals with him too. For some reason I just cannot ever even consider removing him from my team. Even now that he's Level 100 and it does me no good to have him in the party; I guess I'm just hoping that since he's so badass he'll pass on some of his prowess to the weaker members of my team :P

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    My lucario. I Raised him from a little level 1 riolu and now he's a lvl 96 lucario. I've been with him in my pearl game since i first got it. And i got him at the perfect nature i wanted him 2 be. He's won all levels of contests and he's been in the hall of fame. I've put alot of work into my lucario and he's never failed me, not even in wi-fi. He's the only pkmn i've been attached 2 all this time. He's never fainted at all and i've never restarted my pearl game at all so he's been with me ever since i first hatched him 3 days after i first got pearl when it came out. He's my trusty partner and a good friend and i always have him on my team.

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
    I have attached with some of them.
    It was nice, although I never had the guts to put them in the box DD:"
    My faves were Killer, my Delcatty (I caught it as a lvl. 2 skitty @@ hard, hard raising), Kasami, my Persian, Bellemère, my Haunter (as you can see, they have pretty normal nicknames), Pryce, my Walrein, Will, my Umbreon, Margarida, my Scizor and RollingPin, my Dragonite.
    I usually am more attached to a pokémon that a raised since a low level.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    I Guess we've all been attached 2 a certain pokemon. Thought i was the only one XD.

Reniko_Seika

He who plays the hacks
    Years
    well, that's a big HECK YES, I often get emotionally attached to my Pokemon, most often towards the ones that i've used for a handful of months, and end up over lvl70. I do often find it difficult to restart for whatever reason.
    I'm just glad i'm not the only one who thinks like this.

cooltrainer_aj17

アジアレーサー | Pinoy Ako! XD
    Years
    yeah im attached to my garchomp (caught at level 13 and now 58(im not that good)), empoleon(starter), and luxray(shinx was the first pokemon I caught)..... whenever each faints I try to feed em and stuff like that and also if they lose a heart rating cos ive been treating them bad, I restart the game even if I lose a buncha levels.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    yeah...even the pokemon that are weak & defensless (even magikarp, but especially the strong ones, the ones that one every battle at frontier...) (i love pokemon!)

Meeth

Flygon maniac
    Years
    I always seem to get attached to my pokemon, i always have. I mean i had a caterpie back on red/blue that i refused to evolve coz i liked it so much, currently i'm attached to my Bashful Flygon who was the first trapich that i caught on my sapphire :)

King Eevee

Ace Eevee Breeder
    Years
    Yes. I become emotionally attached to my pokemon in the game, I am VERY attached to my Eevee that I have had since god knows when. I am very attached to all my pokemon in and out of my elite team. But i would never trade or part with my LVL 100 Eevee. we are like Ash and Pikachu!

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
    Years
    Yeah, I'm attached to two of my mons. My first is Umbreon. That has always been my favorite Pokemon. It has a spectacular moveset too. =) My second is Cubone. It is in Fire Red and I just can't evolve it. It beat the fifth gym all by itself, and it has never been beat before.
    It might sound weird to be 'attached,' but Pokemon aren't just our fighting slaves.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    In Emerald, I'll go nuts if my Milotic, Metagross and Absol fainted... And in Pearl, my Lucario, Glaceon and Bronzong. The Pokemon mentioned above are my tankers, and my best mate.

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
    i kinda feel that if you "like" you become and actually have emotions for a piece of data you are crazy
    yet at the same time i am emotionally attached to some of my pokemon and sometimes do crazy things like say to myself "thanx you did your job" or something of that manner. and i get to thinking....its just a game its not even nessarry. its like being on drugs and realizing you are addicted but not caring. so i guess im just another crazy person to add to the already full bunch

btw i think if you care things like "hax" come alot more often
    i say to myself wierd how i always get "lucky" with hax and it happens so often and in such cruel ways if my opponent were to d/c i would say yea that was pretty cheap of what was going on.
    to make a long story short. i think if you actully talk to your game(crazy i know) that good things happen

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    I absolutely love my Bibarel, which I gave the unimaginative name of Quqo. O.o
    It's always in my party and have a large stock of Potions just in case it gets hurt. =p

Years
    My Staraptor it was the first wild pokemon i caught when it was a small starly and it was with me trhouigh thick and thin it even won the Lugue for me its my beft pokemon even when i swapped pokemon with my friend i had to keep it cos its my only pokemon other then Empoleon i had to kepp.

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    unfortunately i got a bit too attached to my latias which i trained for months to get to level 100, then i couldn't take my eyes off it and had to see it everyday, fortuantely i still like latias but i'm not that emotionally attached anymore and now i don't have my friends randomly coming up to me and saying 'sad' over and over again

Lash

Years
    I usually get attached to my starter and my first capture, especially when playing for the first time. The Pokemon that I got most attached to were:

First ever Venusaur and Pikachu (Red Version) I miss them ;_;
    Typhlosion and Noctowl (Gold Version) I miss them too >:
    Sceptile and Mightyena (Emerald) I still have them :D
    Venusaur and Pikachu (Fire Red) Reincarnations <3
    Torterra and Staraptor (Pearl) Obviously, I still have them.

Back