• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever been emotionally attached to one of your pokemon?

Years
    Im just wondering if I am naive but has anyone ever been emotionally attached to a pokemon? Like you get upset when it faints, and you do your best to treat it right even though it has no feelings? You also can't let go of it. Even if it would benefit the team greatly to let it go, you just can't because you love it?

Well I must say I am emotionally attached to my Starmie. I mean its like a pet to me. I got it as a Staryu and it has been on my team the whole way through the game, and I just will not take it off my team.

So how about the rest of yall?

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
    I'm really attached to my Mew, my friend gave it to me and all though i don't use it very often its still my pride and joy. I use Mew in all my contests and it has a bazillion ribbons

Years
    Haha well its nice to know i'm not crazy. But when I was little I used to almost cry when I hap to give my ampharos nasty medicine from the drug lady in pokemon gold. lol

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    When i was little i would NEVER even think of getting rid of a Pokémon. I think the same today with my Torterra that's been with me from the very start (he's just grown to level 100!). People have offered me Pokémon (very good Pokémon, actually) for it, but i have always said NO.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I hate to admit it, but, yes I have. My Typhlosion and Extremespeed Dragonair from Crystal were my personal favs and I was sooooo upset when the internal battery died and they were gone for good... I know they were just a string of commands and pixels in the game cartridge, but, there was a sad attrachment.

gameshark

CHEAT POWER!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    i rushed my pikachu to the nearest pokecentre to heal it...also, i love milktanks! i have like, a hundred bottles of moo moo milk and a box with 27 milktank eggs!

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    I'm pretty attatched to my Jirachi in Sapphire. However not as much as I used to be since I realised I hate cheating to get Pokémon.

So I plan to get a legit Jirachi somehow on Pokémon Diamond so I can be attatched to it again :3

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Up until the third generation games, I was seriously attached to my starter Pokemon. I refused to put them in the box, I had to go to the Pokemon Center or use a healing item as soon as they were injured. Yes, it wasn't the most mature part of my life, being attached to a clump of pixels.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Up until the third generation games, I was seriously attached to my starter Pokemon. I refused to put them in the box, I had to go to the Pokemon Center or use a healing item as soon as they were injured. Yes, it wasn't the most mature part of my life, being attached to a clump of pixels.

I still do it now,
    I think, if your going to play the game, you should play it realistically.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Slighty. XD; I have two amazing Pokémon that I love oh-so-much from my Ruby game. I've finally migrated them to my Diamond game. <3

The first one is my Medicham, who I named "Med'cha." He's currently at level 65, I think. I caught him at level 20-something and I raised him completely by myself, and he's been strong enough to take on the vast majority of the Elite Four. I love Fighting-type Pokémon and the fact that it's part Psychic as well just appealed to me when I was choosing a member for my in-game team.

The second one is my Flygon, named "Abarava." She's currently at either level 66 or 67 right now. I caught her as a level 20 Trapinch, and although it's taken her quite some time to level up into a Flygon, I'm glad I did. She's been totally beast in battles.

I really don't know why I'm so attached to these two. They're just clumps of pixels, but they're fun to play with. XDD;

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I've never restarted my Silver Version because I was so attached to my Typhlosion. It was the first Pokemon I completely trained to level 100 without the use of a single rare candy. Unfortunately, I've seemed to have lost my Gold Version. =(

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    Drifloon is mine. Ialways take it on walks Oh my gosh I <3 it I cannot bring myself to evolve it into a drifblim :S

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Yes. I don't know what I'd do if I just suddenly lost my Diamond version, with Kaizer (Flygon) or Raff (Vileplume) or Kero and Azure (Toxicroaks), along with a bunch of others. Maybe it's a dumb thing to do, but there'll never be another Flygon or Vileplume or Toxicroak exactly like those, right? I've spent hours raising them. I feel good when I win with them; I feel bad for them when I lose.

I'd feel bad if a drawing I worked on for hours was ripped apart. I'd also feel bad if a "pile of pixels" I worked on for hours was suddenly deleted, because raising that pile of pixels was something I did because it's what I like to do, and it's nice to have it pay off in the end, right?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I'm quite attached to Eevee and its evolutions. Through Crystal, I always had the one you get from Bill on my team. Being able to catch Eevee in the wild, on Diamond and Pearl (although in the dumbest way possible.. -.-;; ) was one of the best things I found out about. Currently, I've got a Vaporeon and a Glaceon that I really don't like boxing; though they are after-game acquisitions. Damn them for making Eevee an "After National Dex" Pokemon.. >_>;

Back