• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ever caught a legendary with a regular pokeball?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    I have never had good enough luck to accomplish such a feat, I've certainly tried though :/

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Yeah,Actually i caught all legendaries in all 3rd Gen Games using pokeball,Exept those event pokemons,Lugia,Ho-Oh and mew and the other non catchable legendaries,celebi,jirachi and deoxys cause i dont have any gameshark or action replay,my mom wont let me buy one on Ebay :(
    Its like a SUPER FLUKE xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Nope, because usually at that point in the game I don't have any regular Poke Balls with me anymore. I upgrade my hardware as it becomes available in stores. I just don't have the patience, lol

Years
    In Sapphire I caught Latias With a Pokeball Can't remember anymore that was probably the most memorable cause all the time it took to catch

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I've only tried it on one, and it was successful the first time.
    That Pokemon was Mew, so it's not such a huge feat. ];

Other than that, I have never tried, whether in desperation or otherwise. I get a whole bunch of Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls and Timer Balls usually. :3

Anyway, you just lost The Game. :3

Years
    Moltres, Red Version. (I totally believed that down + B trick or whatever worked... looking back, it was probably just hax from it being at 1 HP)

Similarly, I got Raikou in Silver after literal months of chasing... with a Lure Ball. :o

4th gen has it so easy with Dusk Ball's 4x catchrate multiplier. ._.

Venn364

The Pichu Master
    Years
    In my first pokemon game I accidently used my Masterball on a Doduo and saved (I was very angry as I hadn't been paying attention to what I threw) so in the end I caught Mewtwo with a regular pokeball after throwing my 50 or so Untraballs

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Yeah, I caught each of the legendary birds with a pokeball, on seperate games though, and I caught Dialga, and Rayqyazza, and MEspirit with a quick ball after sleeping it and finding it (not sure if that counts tho, since its not a technical pokeball)

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I catch ALL of my Pokémon with Pokéball's.

Just something I do for more of a challenge.

Dragard

Ghoul Soul
    Years
    I caught the Lv60 Lugia in my Crystal a long time ago with a normal Poke Ball. I ran out of Ultras and Greats, and on my first try I caught it with a normal one o.o

Back