• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever feel like a nerd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Sometimes I guess, if you and your friend ever get into a Pokemon chat, and someone else is around you, a cool person in your school, listens as your friend and yours conversation. Then, he makes fun of you, this never personally happened to me, and I hope it never will, do you ever feel like a nerd when you chat about Pokemon with a friend? I surely don't, I play sports. I'm on a private local Basketball and Football team.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I don't feel like a nerd, i AM a nerd. Its my outside appearance that keeps me in check:3

I talk about nerdy things in public since I don't care about other people's opinions.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2011
    Yeah, I have other interests outside of Pokemon, but I still feel like a nerd.

Years
  • In general, do I feel like a nerd? Yes, because frankly I am a nerd XD My major in college is Game Design and I always strive for straight A's. And because I like Pokemon, I guess that makes me a nerd too. Me and my bf were watching a Pokemon movie earlier in his dorm and his roommate made fun of us. I didn't care, because he's missing out ;) But just because I am a nerd does not mean that is all that I am. I'm also very musical(played the trumpet for 8 years and performed in school musicals), and athletic(Varsity Volleyball, black belt in Tae Kwon Do, years of softball). So I'm well-rounded in general but I am part nerd and dang proud of it ;)

~ woah that was long XD

Years
  • Well, I'm more of a geek, but yes, part of that is because I'm a huge nerd. I get really into a lot of the things I enjoy, be it sports (explain a sport while I'm watching it and it will make sense very quickly for me), video games (of course), computers, the internet (eyup, I'm addicted!), or collectibles.

Years
  • This is an internet forum for Pokemon fans. Anyone who says they never feel like a nerd is lying to themselves.

I'm not much of a nerd when it comes to video games in general, but I am into history and astronomy which are recognized subcategories of nerdiness.

Years
  • Haha, sometimes. Like when I talk to my friends about the latest Naruto or Bleach manga chapter in school, or when I get a 100% on a test xD

Years
  • Of course. I'm 20 years old and have been playing Pokemon for 10 years. Why wouldn't I feel like a nerd? :p

Not only do I play Pokemon, but I play other video games as well, and I write. And my writing brings out the worst nerdiness out of me. Thankfully 99.9% of that is hidden where everyone else can't see it. :D Really all of my hobbies scream 'nerd' to me. I'm cool with that.

Magik?!

Georgums.
    Years
  • I feel like a nerd any time I'm with my close friends, because we always get into discussions about gaming, or maths, or science... or something terribly uncool like that. I don't mind though because we feel sorry for the people in our school who feel that being a nerd is negative >.>

They don't seem to understand that nerdy jobs pay way better than normal jobs :) So we're alright. (Plus we get to talk about Pokemon and feel superior) xD
    There are times when I try to act not so nerdy though v.v

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    OH GAWD YES.

All the time.
    When I outsmart someone, when I play video games, and many more. Ughh.
    I hate that feeling.
    You don't hate that feeling, don't lie - that's the perfect platform for you to gloat and you know it. :B

I usually feel like a nerd when my knowledge about something causes a conversation to become awkward - frinstance, I was talking about Zelda with one of my friends and I said something she didn't know how to reply to and it became awkward. That said, I don't mind it really. I'd rather know a lot about something than hardly anything. It means when I do meet someone who knows a lot, we can have a kickass conversation (amirite?).

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Do nerds talk about computer specs, gaming and anime with their friends at school?

If yes then I don't feel like a nerd, I am one.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I feel more of a Nerd/Geek hybrid. I do awesome in Math, Science, and Technology, but I seem to suck and get bored in English and History...

It's no surprise my Progress Report came with a 69 in English and a 100 in Algebra 2 XP

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2010
    I guess i am a nerd, i go for all the high grades usually get them. I love computers and video games, but I have a rather good social life, i party, id say im rather fashionable so my outside appearance often gives people a different idea of me.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • No, since everyone here also plays Pokemon, but for other things, yes. "It's a misconception that a person who likes reading and wears glasses is good at school."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back