• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever Named Your Pet After an Anime Character?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Over the years, I've spoken with many an obsessed Anime fan about pets... and alot of times they tell me that they named their pet after an Anime character... XD

Have you?

Or do you know anyone who has?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ...*guiltily raises hand*

I got a pet betta fish for my birthday last year. My friends named it Lloyd since all I'd been talking about for months was Tales of Symphonia (the main character of which is named Lloyd). A few months ago, Lloyd reeeeally wasn't doing too well, so since my brother had gotten so attached to the fish, my mom made me go out and buy another one. Now I hated this fish because it was a "replacement fish." So in spite, I tried to think of characters I didn't like.

Since Eriol of Cardcaptor Sakura has blue hair, to match this blue fish, I settled on that name. I couldn't stand Eriol--he scared me when I watched it and he still does. XD Soo...I now have a fish named Eriol. :P

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I purposely named my doggy Kamon when I was still obsessed over that jerk Silver from Pokemon xD

I'm getting kitties and naming them Shiori and Kanna,after the Inuyasha characters x33

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Demyx said:
    ...*guiltily raises hand*

I got a pet betta fish for my birthday last year. My friends named it Lloyd since all I'd been talking about for months was Tales of Symphonia (the main character of which is named Lloyd). A few months ago, Lloyd reeeeally wasn't doing too well, so since my brother had gotten so attached to the fish, my mom made me go out and buy another one. Now I hated this fish because it was a "replacement fish." So in spite, I tried to think of characters I didn't like.

Since Eriol of Cardcaptor Sakura has blue hair, to match this blue fish, I settled on that name. I couldn't stand Eriol--he scared me when I watched it and he still does. XD Soo...I now have a fish named Eriol. :P

XD Eriol was my favorite character when I was like...11/12...
    But before that it was Li. Still IS Li.... and Yue. <3

As for the Fish....I had Beta once a few years back. Named it Vegeta cause I was obsessed back in 2001 when we got the thing...
    It died in 2003 though.

Oh yes...and the next cat we get, is going to be gray and I'm naming him Ash. XD ... and he shall be my baby. <3 ....Yes, Drew has this all planned out.
    I'm getting a dog later on in life and naming it Nuriko.

Miss Kanna said:
    I'm getting kitties and naming them Shiori and Kanna,after the Inuyasha characters x33[/font]

XD Hurray for Inuyasha-related pet names. x3

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Got two goldfish back when I was 9, so I named them Magikarp and Goldeen.

I wish I would have named by kitty Drew. He's cute like Drew, so it makes sense, but he's got yellowish hair, so perhaps Edward Elric would be better? Or just Elric? Either way, it's too late now

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hahahah! XD But naming your pets after Anime character is fun times!

x3

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    LOL! this is a funny topic... and yesh... i have... i once had 2 hermit crabs, named Shadow and Sonic, and you'll love this... i have a kitten named Kai, off of Beyblade... but it's a cute name i think. Anyways i'm glad i'm not as crazy as i thought. not that any of you are really! it's just funny!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    XD Kai! Kawaii! x3 ...I use to Beyblade all the time....so did my friends. XD Good times...

Hahaha! That reminds me...theres these cats that live at a house on the end of my street, and a couple years ago when they were little kittens, a friend and myself saw them when were walking (they were outside)...
    See...both of us were Yugioh obsessed at the time, and we liked the SetoxJoey pairing....
    And one of the kittens had white fur with brown markings, and the other had gold markings... yeah...

We were all "That ones Seto, and the other one can be Jou!" -- "Yes! Good idea!"

XD They're grown now, and Seto likes to hang out in my backyard with my cat.... but I can't go out there when he is because he runs away... T-T
    Jou stays at home, I believe.

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    ... I named my fish Totodile and my cat Kyon (Like from Fruits Basket). xD I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this sort of thing.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    Yeppers, I have. ;) At the time I was so completely obsessed with Cardcaptor Sakura...and at the time I really wanted a hamster. So, my parents went out and bought me a hamster, that I happily called Kero. XD Although Kero [[the hamster. ._. That gets confusing]] looks nothing at all like Kero [[not the hamster...the anime character]]. He was brown and white and fluffy. <3 I miss him. ;o; I had to give him away when I got a puppy.

--Karli <33

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    Heh. I just remembered: My cousin who lives on a farm has a baby boar named Kagura. She helped me name my cat Kyon [She likes Fruit Basket] xD.

Scottura

Searching for the Light...
    Years
    I named one of my cats Shadow (the evil Organoid from one of the Zoids series). The name suited her.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    Scottura said:
    I named one of my cats Shadow (the evil Organoid from one of the Zoids series). The name suited her.
    oh yea..I remembered...my friend name his black cat after shadow from shadow the hedghog....he was gonna name it angel(cuz it looked like there was a small halo on his head fur,but they found out it was a boy,so...)

Back