• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever Named Your Pet After an Anime Character?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I wish I had a fish named Magikarp. ;-;

Well, I have two cats. One of them, we had the name of already the instant we got her. She's balck with three white spots(chest, armpit, and belly). We named her "Luna" after the cat from Sailor Moon.

The other cat is all white. We were going to call her Artemis, but we didn't know at the time that a female Greek god was called Artemis. We only knew of the male cat from Sailor Moon. After watching her run around the house really fast, we named her Speedy, after the Samurai Pizza Cat anime. XD Her shortened name is "Speed", as in Speed Racer.

The dogs have normal names. ;p

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    I've named lots of my pets after anime characters. ^^ I've named a black cat Luna, a white cat Artemis, a gray cat Diana, and a siamese cat Kilala (Although it's supposed to be Kirara...) ^^;; my cats kept having kittens

PhoenixFluff

Polar Express Rider
    Years
    I wish I could name my dog after an anime charrie. My mom hates anime *le gasp* so I am the sole Animeniac in the family.
    I name my Nintendogs after charries. I'ma about to adopt a German Shepard and dub it Kiyo (from Zatch Bell), and my frinds adopted another shepard on my game named Forte.

Years
    Haha! I have! >>;

I once named my hamster named 'Hamtara'. I was going to name her Hamtaro but seeing as how she was a female I change the name a bit.
    Also I had/have a bird named Daisuke. Named after Daisuke from D.N Angel. =x
    I was going to name my bird 'Satoshi' but my mum couldn't say that. XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    XD Dang...so many amusing replies... If I ever get another black dog sometime in the next few years, I'm going to name it Shigure. XD

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I like the replies here.

Sadly, no I havn't but I plan to name my next pet after someone, I just don't know who yet.

~Dark~

黒い獣
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jun 29, 2006
    I name my female cat Aruceid from Tsukihime... And My Female Dog Aoko From Tsukihime. ;3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    XD fun.
    I recently got the Nintendogs game for DS, and I named them after anime characters as well.. Sure they aren't REAL pets...but its still funny. x3

My first one is Shigure, a black Shiba Inu.
    And my Golden Lab is named Ash. x3

Maera12

:D
    Years
    Well, I have a friend that is Japanese-American and she has a pet named Satsume-err, something like that. xD I don't think she really meant to name her pet after an anime character... she just named here pet that... because she likes it. So yeah...

Spoiler:

Inome

I am me. No one else.
    Years
    I haven't, personally, but my neighbor got this cute black kitten and she named it Sasuke....she's in love with that guy. Ther was a goldish-stray wandering around my house for a while, and my sister kept calling it Naruto, but it left eventually...

DestinyOfAsh

Destiny Can Not Be Changed
    Years
    Thats cool well I'm not sure if this counts for anime but I've named my black cat Tidus(from FFx) and also my two pet parrots known as Fayt and Sophia(from Star Ocean)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Tidus? xD Fun.
    Yeah those still count. They're anime-ish in a way, and I think of Final Fantasy as 'anime' anyway. x3
    ---

@ Inome - Sasuke and Naruto. x3 Too bad Naruto left... T-T I woulda kept him... ^^;

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    Not yet, but I want to get a black cat & call it Yoruichi after a character from Bleach.

Sadly, I'm not allowed to have a cat. Or a pet of any kind for that matter. I don't even have any at the moment.

Back