• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Every Complaint into An All One

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    *insert my generic BGM rant here that got old 2 years ago* Although, PUSA is improving.

Also, it would be pretty cool if the animation was better. Imagine if it was always as good as the movies, that would be amazing. At the moment they approximately spend 5 yen on the animation in normal episodes. 8 at most. I'm sure.

I don't like how there are so many fillers between the 6th and 7th gym. Or at least it seems to be taking ages.

Dan Green should play Satoshi.

YES.

I also hate how Shinji isn't a main character. =P

YES.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I hate how when Ash and Co. have to get a new pokemon it isn't like before, when you meet one in the wild, battle it and seriously catch it...lately, the pokemon just decides "Hey I like this trainer, I'd like to travel with him.her some more"

I want to see more catching action...

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • The quote still stands ^^ *gives cookie*
    They're still bad guys, and I won't think otherwise until the quit Team Rocket for a selfless reason.

NOMNOMNOM. good cookie, by the way. Was it homemade?

I think of TR as the lovable rascals - y'know, the type who are technically 'bad guys' but are clearly not evil. TR are good at heart, they just enjoy the odd bit of thievery. Okay, so they could never be classed as protagonists directly, but they aren't properly evil, like Giovanni or the crazy guy in the fourth movie. I forget his name.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I don't like how there are so many fillers between the 6th and 7th gym. Or at least it seems to be taking ages.
    Fillers with evolutions and surprises in between but yeah mostly fillers. But dont worry i expect us to get the gym battle by 130 as ash is starting to train
    Spoiler:
    in 121. Anyway only complaint i have is that now with current episodes these guys can make up their minds at all. At one point they're hoofing it at 2 gym battles and the iron island ar all in a 10 episode span and the next you see em going to slowboat to china for snowpoint but freaking giving us 2 evolutions as well in under 15 episodes. Make up your minds already are we going to be going fast slow or just a pace so mad you cant guess!

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I want more Ritchie.
    I want to see the other two trainers from Pallet Town.
    I want Pikachu to stop godmodding.
    I want Team Rocket to GO AWAY
    No more group laughter.
    No more happy endings.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • NOMNOMNOM. good cookie, by the way. Was it homemade?

I think of TR as the lovable rascals - y'know, the type who are technically 'bad guys' but are clearly not evil. TR are good at heart, they just enjoy the odd bit of thievery. Okay, so they could never be classed as protagonists directly, but they aren't properly evil, like Giovanni or the crazy guy in the fourth movie. I forget his name.

Yes it was ^^

Well, yeah, I agree with you. Of course they're not that bad, but still. And odd bit of thievery is still a crime =P They may not be antagonists (Paul is a better one, really), but they're not good guys. Maybe they branch off towards antiheroes?

...Dude, we have some serious Shinji lovers here xD
    But I would definitely like to see more of Paul/Shinji. His character is interesting, really. I always wonder what made him the way he is. And I definitely think PUSA is doing a great job with Pokemon. I watched bits of AG and turned it off about two minutes later. I couldn't stomach it at all.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Yes it was ^^

Well, yeah, I agree with you. Of course they're not that bad, but still. And odd bit of thievery is still a crime =P They may not be antagonists (Paul is a better one, really), but they're not good guys. Maybe they branch off towards antiheroes?

...Dude, we have some serious Shinji lovers here xD
    But I would definitely like to see more of Paul/Shinji. His character is interesting, really. I always wonder what made him the way he is. And I definitely think PUSA is doing a great job with Pokemon. I watched bits of AG and turned it off about two minutes later. I couldn't stomach it at all.

That's the word! It kept slipping my mind :P In a way, Paul could be an antihero as well, but we really haven't seen enough of him to say for sure yet.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I like Paul because he's not a goody toe shoes, and he doesn't believe in "friendship" and "happy happy joy joy". Chances are that if I was a trainer I would train my pokemon just like he does. (Not neccesarily to his extremes)

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
  • Pokemon should, you know, like, totally ditch the kiddy crap and appeal to, like, radical teenagers. There's too much happy joy, man. Pokemon should be, like, more emo, because that's what radical teenagers want. Emo, because we can, like, totally relate. Being happy is bad, man, because we need to, like, drown in misery and torment over our comfortable developed world lives. Goody two shoes suck, man, because we can't, like, totally relate. I mean, every character should be like us, totally self-centred and a jerk to everyone around us, because we're like, so totally miserable. The darkness, it's CRAWLING IN MY SKIN!!!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I want more Ritchie.
    I want to see the other two trainers from Pallet Town.
    I want Pikachu to stop godmodding.
    I want Team Rocket to GO AWAY
    No more group laughter.
    No more happy endings.

Not going to happen unless they try Chronicles again.
    Not likely anymore.
    Already happened.
    Not going to happen.
    Read above.
    Read above.

Why get rid of group laughter though?

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    It's gotten repetitive and gay.

Pokemon should, you know, like, totally ditch the kiddy crap and appeal to, like, radical teenagers. There's too much happy joy, man. Pokemon should be, like, more emo, because that's what radical teenagers want. Emo, because we can, like, totally relate. Being happy is bad, man, because we need to, like, drown in misery and torment over our comfortable developed world lives. Goody two shoes suck, man, because we can't, like, totally relate. I mean, every character should be like us, totally self-centred and a jerk to everyone around us, because we're like, so totally miserable. The darkness, it's CRAWLING IN MY SKIN!!!
    Exactly!! *ignoringyoursarcasm*

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I've got so many complaints that it would be pointless to post them in one topic without making the post sound like a rant. So instead of rattling them all off and taking all day, I think I'll be doing this one a bit differently.

Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you:

SBaby's Bottom 10 Of Pokemon: Part 1

10 - Plot Holes

What happened to the GS Ball? Who is Ash's father, that Delia seemed to mysteriously forget about roughly 5 episodes into the series? And are Misty's sisters ever going to get a job?

These are but a few of the many plot holes. Fortunately, my people have done quite a bit of research, with the help of the Megaman Robot Naming Committee to resolve some of them, once and for all.

Misty's Sisters - Johnny Sockz, creator of Hard Man, Snake Man, and Indian Snake Tamer Man did a bit of research, poked around Cerulean and Saffron, asked a few Jennys and Joys and came to a startling conclusion regarding her sisters. Apparently, her sisters are a part of the Kanto Cartel, secretly transporting substance all over the entire Region. Team Rocket may make money stealing cute creatures from children, but these three girls likely provided the inspiration for some of the aforementioned creatures to the writing staff.

Ash's Father - Ash's Father has been a subject of debate for the longest time now. Fortunately, Bill 'MsPacman' James, creator of famous robot masters, such as Crash Man, Break Man, Quick Man, and Slow Man has discovered a startling secret regarding Ash's Father. However, due to the graphic and lewd nature of the secret we can't tell you what it is in detail, only that in order to learn it, you must watch the episode of South Park where Cartman finds out who his father is.

Pikachu's Level - We only have one lead from Daniel Whitkmann, creator of Cut Man, Bomb Man, and Diet Pill Man. Apparently, he met up with a guy in armor that had a really funky hairdo. All he would say when asked about Pikachu's level is, 'It's over NINE-THOUSAAAAAAAAND!!!'. Our experts still have yet to determine exactly what he meant by that extremely vague response, but we're not ruling out an ancient gypsy curse.

The GS Ball - This one has stumped experts for years. Where is it, and what was inside of it? Well, Trisha Takashi, creator of the infallible Gamera Man from Megaman 28 has learned exactly what the secret of this mysterious mystery is. The GS Ball is in fact nothing more than a sonar to an old WWIII nuclear submarine, aptly named the SSGS. Currently, it is in the hands of Team Yog, a criminal organization that infests the Region of Bozo. Kurt had no comment when asked how he could just lose such a priceless artifact.

Well, that's #10. Stick around for more of the list, because the worst is yet to come.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I also must complain that I wish the writers would not forget older pokemon like Ash's pigeot...it's been years since this promise...

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I also must complain that I wish the writers would not forget older pokemon like Ash's pigeot...it's been years since this promise...

It hasn't been years as far as the anime goes.

And the promise was that he'd come back for Pidgeot once his job, protecting the flock, was accomplished. How do we know his job is done?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    true random...that was more of a want than a complaint on my part...srryz

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What I seriously want to complain about the most is:

When the hell is Ash going through puberty?

Seriously, he can't be delayed forever. ZP Theart would actually make a good voice actor if you listen to DragonForce songs.

They also need to fix up the stupidity lines, like "Hypnosis puts your Pokemon to sleep" and " X Pokemon is a Y type weak to Z types and is trouble for Ω types" Too bad for the people the haven't played the games

If Ash gets a girl, that would at least be nice for a change.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    When the hell is Ash going through puberty?

This isn't the first show or fictional story to have a heavily reduced passage of time.

They also need to fix up the stupidity lines, like "Hypnosis puts your Pokemon to sleep" and " X Pokemon is a Y type weak to Z types and is trouble for Ω types" Too bad for the people the haven't played the games

Those lines aren't stupid. Stupid would be like the dub mistake of saying Seviper evolves from Arbok. Those lines tie them into the game with Pokedex descriptions and stuff like that. Just because you don't find the line useful doesn't invalidate it.

If Ash gets a girl, that would at least be nice for a change.

Except he's 10 and has expressed no interest in girls, except for that one girl in Kanto for about 2 seconds.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ash is not ten.he is 15 or 13 or something like that.I just wish that they would scoot him and uberchu/pikachu out the door and call in Pokemon Chronicles

It was confirmed.. by the creators, that he was still ten-years-old. Since 'none of them age' apparently. :/

Which bites, in my opinion..

I remember when I used to think Jessie and James were OLD, man! Cause when I was 8, people who were 18 were ancient! o_o

Now I'm older than they are.

; ;

Why, Japan? WHY?!

Back