• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evil Team Speculation

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    In ORAS, we had two villainous teams in Aqua and Magma. However, we only faced off on with one team at max, with the other serving as some kind of police force determined to bring the other one down, but not really doing anything dangerous to the world.

With this, I would like a game where I can face off with both in different attempts to do something to the world. Brings more story and interaction to the game.

pkmin3033

Going with this idea of Team Flare again given their sun theme, perhaps they could be reformed in Sun and Moon, or under new management (Malva would be my guess) instead? Lysandre's status is unknown at the end of XY, but I'd quite like to see him return leading a brand new team in these games if they're connected to XY, if only because I can't see him just giving up and I definitely can't see him as being killed off when that's a very unusual thing for Pokemon to do.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love the idea of Flare v Lunar. Like Flare could reform here, and those who disbanded from Flare became Lunar. Flare would be all for removing the night so that productivity is heightened, whereas Lunar would be all for removing the day for the sake of Pokemon, so that Pokemon are able to sleep undisturbed or something along those lines. We ALL thought Flare was weird, we didn't get it. This is probably why. Lunar is probably goth fashion based.

So with that said... Houndoom might be pretty important for both sides as it'll probably be fire vs dark.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    My speculation is that Team Sun/Moon wants to harness energy from the Sun/Moon utilizing the powers of the mascot legendaries and/or technology (we can assume that the level of technology in the region is quite advanced due to the existence of Magearna) for ambitions of nuclear terrorism.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm sick of teams , make organizations..

The villain teams are all organizations. Team just makes them feel more localized. Team Tocket was a massive crime syndicate. Flare and Plasma were well funded organizations behind other goals. Magma/Aqua and Galactic were secretive societies that worked towards specific goals. Rocket, Flare, and Plasma were sorta well known within their regions while Aqua/Magma and Galactic were less known by the populace until the main character's involvment.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The villain teams are all organizations. Team just makes them feel more localized. Team Tocket was a massive crime syndicate. Flare and Plasma were well funded organizations behind other goals. Magma/Aqua and Galactic were secretive societies that worked towards specific goals. Rocket, Flare, and Plasma were sorta well known within their regions while Aqua/Magma and Galactic were less known by the populace until the main character's involvement.

I think that Galactic was known somewhat. They advertised themselves as a renewable energy company basically. They even had commercials on the in game TVs irc. Saturn even mentions in the post game :
    Perhaps we should really be searching for new sources of energy. Instead of lying about it through our commercials
    (source: Bulbapedia)

But yeah, they're organizations. Rocket is clearly an organized crime syndicate (portrayed as Yakuza in the Japanese versions, and Mafia in the international versions)

Years
    How about two whose interest do not align similar to Cipher and Team Snagem in Gale of Darkness? The first group would be the supposed threat while the second group is the actual threat.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    We already have a thread for this already.

Unless we're talking about the team's leader, then I expect him to be, just like Maxie and Archie, some sort of lunatic thinking that the world is better off with the sun or moon (depending on which version) based on fringed logic surrounding it, unlike Cyrus and Lysandre's philosophies, which hold true about human nature.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I would love to see "Team Eclipse", although I think the Team *blank* naming formula has gotten old, but it's unlikely they'll ever drop that formula.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I just want a fleshed out and interesting group for the villains. The way that they are described in this rumor that's getting attention on 4chan, fits perfectly to me.

It describes the evil team as members left over from an ancient tribe, as well as these beings who think they are extraterrestrials. They are after the legends who come from space, and have the ability to forward and reverse time respectively.

With the region being 3 islands, and the plot involving you traveling to the various regions from the past games and witnessing iconic events and keeping the timeline safe. As well as you seeing new events.

It works so well with the names sun and moon and the phrase, it all comes together.

It's a plot I've wanted for awhile and would love to see it carried out in this game for the anniversary.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    I just hope the organizations don't have these insanely unrealistic goals like making it eternal day time or eternal night time lol
    This especially since I can't see what kind of purpose either would have.
    On a similar note, I hope we don't get two versions like Ruby/Sapphire where each one has a different villainous team.

Years
    I overall didn't mind the two different teams after oras only because it gave them different personalities, that made both organizations seem different enough. I really hope with gen 7 and these games it builds of x and y, loved the little customization we did get and the scenery was awesome. And whatever they decide to do with 1 or 2 organizations as long as they give the personality that was in x/y and oras i will be happy

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I just want a fleshed out and interesting group for the villains. The way that they are described in this rumor that's getting attention on 4chan, fits perfectly to me.

It describes the evil team as members left over from an ancient tribe, as well as these beings who think they are extraterrestrials. They are after the legends who come from space, and have the ability to forward and reverse time respectively.

With the region being 3 islands, and the plot involving you traveling to the various regions from the past games and witnessing iconic events and keeping the timeline safe. As well as you seeing new events.

It works so well with the names sun and moon and the phrase, it all comes together.

It's a plot I've wanted for awhile and would love to see it carried out in this game for the anniversary.
    Sounds like there won't be badges in the typical sense if true. I wonder which Timelines we'll see if true. Perhaps the originals since we saw RG, GS, RS, DP, BW (what about B2W2?), and XY. Could also be Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black2 White2, and Z uh I mean XY. Or the remakes for the first three gens and Pt for Sinnoh with both the different Unovas, and XY's Kalos. Or maybe we'll see the events that would've happened in a WaterBlue, Mind Crystal, Delta Emerald, Platinum remake, Grey, Grey 2, and Z.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Sounds like there won't be badges in the typical sense if true. I wonder which Timelines we'll see if true. Perhaps the originals since we saw RG, GS, RS, DP, BW (what about B2W2?), and XY. Could also be Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black2 White2, and Z uh I mean XY. Or the remakes for the first three gens and Pt for Sinnoh with both the different Unovas, and XY's Kalos. Or maybe we'll see the events that would've happened in a WaterBlue, Mind Crystal, Delta Emerald, Platinum remake, Grey, Grey 2, and Z.

IT was proven fake when the leaker showed off where he got the starters he teased from/

But I still think a plot similar to that could happen. It be really neat to go through alternate timelines, and the canon ones and see different events.

Lynda

Redhead Ponytail Gal
    Years
    Ever since Ruby and Sapphire, I've really disliked the evil teams. It was a clear change in the series when suddenly the evil team and the big legendary were the whole plot of the game. Team Rocket will always be my favourite team since they were just a bunch of (as one said himself) "Pokemon Mobsters". They were actually interesting in Gold since they weren't trying to take over the world or anything, but just trying to rebuild their organization. No stupid world domination plan, and Lugia and Ho-oh were tucked away for you to either find on your own, or completely ignore. (Thanks for ruining that too HeartGold)

My hopes for Team Sun and Team Moon is that they're both evil organizations who work independently of each other, but have agreed to split their crimes into the day shift and night shift. Team Sun would be more powerful since they are able to commit crimes in broad daylight, and Team Moon are small time punks who work at night. A setup like that leads to plenty of plot possibilities, and if they HAD to incorporate legendaries into it, they could easily make it work.

The two teams could start feuding once Team Moon starts to become more powerful than Sun, and ultimately seek out domination of each other by using Legendary Pokemon. Triggering the Legendary Pokemon could THEN set loose some sort of horrible danger, but the overall plot would be less about world domination and more about who gets to be head honcho of the region.

That took me about 2 minutes to think up, and it makes me wonder if Gamefreak will put at least two minutes worth of thought into Sun/Moon's plot.

Guest123123

They were actually interesting in Gold since they weren't trying to take over the world or anything, but just trying to rebuild their organization.
    They wanted to use a signal from the Radio Tower to make all Pokemon obey them, or something like that. I don't remember exactly what their goal with it was, but I think that was it. The Radio Tower director also urges you to save "all the Pokemon nationwide" from them.

Lynda

Redhead Ponytail Gal
    Years
    They wanted to use a signal from the Radio Tower to make all Pokemon obey them, or something like that. I don't remember exactly what their goal with it was, but I think that was it. The Radio Tower director also urges you to save "all the Pokemon nationwide" from them.

Nope! That is part of their plan, but the ultimate goal of taking control of the Radio Tower was to attempt to contact Giovanni to tell him that Team Rocket was up and running again. Also, the reach of the Radio Signal doesn't go across the world. The Rocket executive at the top of the radio tower mentions that "we will control all the Pokemon nationwide!" They would have control of all the Pokemon in the Johto region, but what they intend to use the Pokemon for is never really made clear.

Last edited:
    Back