• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolutions from former gens Pokémons

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    So I was doing a quick look at the Johto dex and I was kind of shocked to see how many of Gen II's own Pokemon were quickly forgotten about and/or deserted simply because they didn't have a mega, or that had an evolution that was just flat out weak. I think these Pokemon should end up having evolutions at some point:

- Noctowl
    - Ariados (maybe a mega? A full evolution would be better, though)
    - Octillery (but what the hell would this thing even evolve into?)
    - Mismagius (this is actually Gen IV but Mismagius could either do with a mega or another evo)
    - Donphan (maybe?)

I'll come back and post a more comprehensive list but that seems to be what I've got for now.
    Maybe Octillery could evolve into a Kraken like creature with Remoraid shaped arms that shoot water lasers out...

Gen III mons I'll like to see evolutions of are

Swellow
    Tropius (Roserade treatment)
    Zangoose
    Serviper
    Solrock
    Lunatone

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    So I was doing a quick look at the Johto dex and I was kind of shocked to see how many of Gen II's own Pokemon were quickly forgotten about and/or deserted simply because they didn't have a mega, or that had an evolution that was just flat out weak. I think these Pokemon should end up having evolutions at some point:

- Noctowl
    - Ariados (maybe a mega? A full evolution would be better, though)
    - Octillery (but what the hell would this thing even evolve into?)
    - Mismagius (this is actually Gen IV but Mismagius could either do with a mega or another evo)
    - Donphan (maybe?)

I'll come back and post a more comprehensive list but that seems to be what I've got for now.

Always wanted Mismagius to go Ghost/Fairy and keeping her ability Levitate. Since she's based off a banshee.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I already said this somewhere but I think stuff like Octillery and Sandslash are deserving of normal evos. I also know that I will get roasted for this but I think Absol should get a regular evo as well, and it should be Ghost/Dark. It's mega just doesn't cut it for me.

Years
    Gen III mons I'll like to see evolutions of are

Swellow
    Tropius (Roserade treatment)
    Zangoose
    Serviper
    Solrock
    Lunatone

Tropius is something I see getting a pre-evolution rather than an evolution. It's probably just me though.

Always wanted Mismagius to go Ghost/Fairy and keeping her ability Levitate. Since she's based off a banshee.

If they wanted to make Mismagius part Fairy they should have done so in 6th Gen, but I guess the witch-like design went against the idea of Fairy-type. I could still see a new banshee Pokemon with the type happening.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wouldn't mind more new evolutions for older Pokemon, but after only getting Sylveon last gen I am kinda doubtful about this. It could become a thing again if Mega Evolution is said to be removed in favour of the speculated Synchro Evolution.

I find it hard to imagine they would go to the trouble of designing all those Megas only to throw them away after the 6th gen is over.

Years
    I find it hard to imagine they would go to the trouble of designing all those Megas only to throw them away after the 6th gen is over.

Game Freak are known to remove features with every new game as part of their way to claim "uniqueness" to every region so it could be a possibility to see Megas changed up or gone.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Mismagius could always go Ghost/Fairy as a mega because the type is kind of string for a normal pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Nah, we already have Skuntank for a Poison/Dark. :P I'm thinking something probably still pure Poison and just buffed stats or something cause Arbok really needs it, imo.
    And Drapion. I do see Arbok as a potential Dark type if GF had given the typing to Gen I mons. The typing would mean it'll be weak against only Ground types. They could give it a different stat spread from Skuntank and Drapion to make it unique. Also a Weezing evolution would be awesome. Perhaps pure poison, Poison/Steel, or Poison/Fire.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2017
    Pokemon You Would Like To Evolve

Hello PokeCommunity

It's meh, CCTrigger!!!
    No.... ok.. that's fine.... Anyways, I would like to discuss the most dire topic, that GameFreak and Nintendo need to see themselves...

WHO DO YOU WANT TO EVOLVE IN POKEMON SUN AND MOON
    I'm not gonna make this a traditional poll, as there are over 700 Pokemon that people might want to evolve, and I'm not gonna list the Pokedex, that's just dumb. But I am curious to see what pokemon people want to see evolve in the new Pokemon game that comes out in November. (I think)
    FORMAT: Now I know what you're thinking. "C'mon Trigger, there's a format we have to follow!" Sowwy, but yes. In order to keep it organized for all to see, there is a format I would please like you to use if replying. If you don't, well I can't do anything, but I mean why would ya wanna mess it up anyways. We're all trainers, we know this... I hope... Here's the format I would like you to use.

POKEMON NAME:
    EVOLVED POKEMON TYPING:
    EVOLVED POKEMON NAME:
    WHY IT SHOULD EVOLVE:

Again, thanks for using this format, it just makes it easier for everyone to read. Including GameFreak *cough* *cough*

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2017
    Relicanth
    Rock/Water
    Collosicanth (I know, it's bad)
    Relicanth was always that mysterious Pokemon, that was really hard to find, or you just never wanted to find it. It has always been stuck in the middle of cool and lame, like starter Pokemon's middle evolution. I think with a proper evolution (and name) this Pokemon might be wanted a bit more, and add to it's already mysterious nature.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Regular evolution for --

--1) Torkoal

--2) Donphan

--3) Hawlucha

--4) Noivern

--5) Dunsparce

blue

gucci
    Years
    There are a few Pokemon from previous gens that could do with a retype imo. Luxray definitely should be Electric/Dark, Yanmega Bug/Dragon and then Gyarados Water/Dragon. I'm thinking if they buffed up the stats of some Pokemon in gen VI, surely it is possible for them to be retyped too?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Zangoose and Seviper could use a chain.. either a pre-evo or evo or both.

Dunsparce------>Dragon type.. it already has a Hawaiian look

Kecleon needs a boost

Cast form needs a lightning storm form (electric)

Emolga and Pachirisu

Qwilfish

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Dunsparce------>Dragon type.. it already has a Hawaiian look
    The moment I opened this thread and read it, the first thing I thought was "Please let Dunsparce evolve!" I've always liked Dunsparce since generation 2, and despite it's fascinating move pool which beautifully coincides with it's "Serene Grace" ability (I always thought that Dunsparce was the "Togekiss" before "Togekiss" existed.), it's stats are so underwhelming it's extremely hard to use the pokemon as a viable competetive pokemon despite all of the potential it has.

I want to see Dunsparce evolve into a mythical winged Coatl pokemon with a Normal/Dragon dual typing. In Alola it should be a beautiful bright colored tropical looking snake to match the atmosphere of the game.
    There are a lot of good suggestions in this thread, but Dunsparce is the pokemon I think I want to see evolve more than any other pokemon.

Back