• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolve your starters or not?

Evolve your starters or not?

• Sure!

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • It's a dilemma.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • No, sure not!

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
Years
  • I have had a dilemma because I was doubting very much about evolving the starters. The reason why you shouldn't was for me the bond between your two starter pokemon. I mean, they have such a strong bond together because you've played at least 10 hours with them. And after the evolution they become different Pokemon. The benefits of evolution are:
    1. They become stronger.
    2. You might think the evolutions are cooler.

Finally, I evolved my Torchic and Squirtle into Blaziken and BLastoise. I'm glad I did it, because they're cool, and they still have that strong bond. It's also fun that they're very strong. They're now having a third team member: a Wurmple, lvl 51! WHen I evolved it, I thought: man, this just s.ucks. So I didn't evolute Wurmple. It's just cool!

So the main question: Have you evolved your starter Pokemon (or are you going to do that), and why?

Thanks!
    BartCiao

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • In main-series:
    Every time :D

In PMD:
    I have evolved them everytime, but I feel sad to evolve them as they have been with me so long time and then they just don't look same to me after they have evolved...
    I evolve them but I don't like it... I'm stupid, I have to decide better next time when I play PMD

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I evolve mine. Back in the day, I was sort of reluctant (with Croconaw -> Feraligatr), but I do so now. :P

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • I just evolve my partner Vulpix. I keep Pikachu like what he is.
    I can max out Pikachu with Spinda's Cafe, so I don't worry about it being stronger too much.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I always evolved mine (I got a Charmander and Turtwig every time on EoD). Heat Wave and Earthquake are so very helpful.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Of course I definately evolve them.
    Chimchar - Infernape
    Turtwig - Torterra.
    My other team members are:
    Piplup - Empoleon
    Starly - Staraptor
    OR
    Elekid - Electrivire

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
  • Hint

In main-series:
    Every time :D

In PMD:
    I have evolved them everytime, but I feel sad to evolve them as they have been with me so long time and then they just don't look same to me after they have evolved...
    I evolve them but I don't like it... I'm stupid, I have to decide better next time when I play PMD

My hint for you is: save before evolving your Pokemon. Then you can see if it feels the same, or if it bad. If you don't like it, just turn your power off, and start before the evolution. I did the same with my Wurmple:D

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • Nope, never have. I've always felt weird that everyone is complaining about not being able to evolve your starter Pokemon at the end of the main story of Time/Darkness. I always to use those cute and small Pokemon, and that's a big part of the Mystery dungeon experience to me. Besides, I often choose my starters by how their sprites look, and the sprites of the evolutions are much less cute. For example, Vulpix: I love it's MD sprites, but Ninetales looks just... weird. It's also more challenging this way~

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    I evolved my Eevee into Glaceon. I kept Pikachu the way it is. Mainly because my sis didn't want me to evolve it.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I evolved mine. x) They look cooler now. (Lucario and Raichu) Then my third pokemon with me, Umbreon.

Years
  • i'll evolve totodile, but not squirtle.
    squirtle became my fave because of the sprite, so why change it?
    everything else? eh
    don't care as much

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Yeah, I can always start a new game if I want to see me and my partner as Starter Pokemons. Besides, as the dungeons become harder, I need as much power as I can get. @_@

(Charmander & Treecko) -> (Charizard & Sceptile)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I always need a freakin stone to evolve! On EoT I have a pikachu and it's at lv 81. And on EoS I have a vulpix @ lv 72.

-sigh- its a shame that evolution stones are really really rare to find in a dungeon.

Ayselipera

PMD2 makes you do so many things just to get your pokemon to evolve that I gave up on it. No evolved pokemon for me. :D

Back