• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ew, you eat meat? We can't be friends. BYE!!!!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • I tried to be a vegetarian just because I don't wanna hurt the poor little animals... but it wasn't meant to be. I'm just way too picky to eat what I would need to eat to stay healthy without meat.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I'm an omnivore.
    It's just because there's so many things on both the vegetarian and non-vegetarian side that I like that I choose to be an omnivore, and also because being an omnivore means I have a more fulfilling diet and am likely to survive better than the other two.

I've thought of how it would be to become a vegetarian because I actually still feel bad for the animals that had to be killed to provide me with meat. Does that sound funny? Maybe... Or maybe you just don't have what it takes to think like that. But it actually is the only thing that ever makes me think of how it would be to not harm them and become a vegetarian. But I never seriously considered it. So no, I've never really actually tried, and I know I will fail to let go of meat that easily even if I do.

Diet makes no difference to me when I associate with people, unless their diet consists of something that is far from my menu. I don't know why, but I think such people would have an unlikeable personality with their eating habits for some reason, if that makes sense.
    I never press my diet onto others, if press means force here. However, I do suggest that someone should try something out because I thought it was good.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I eat meat and vegetables, so yeah. :x I've always enjoyed meat and while I wouldn't enjoy seeing animals slaughtered/anything killed, I love meat way too much to give it up. :(

But yeah I'm fine with whatever diet anyone has, tbh. Haven't tried anything else and have no reason to really.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm an omnivore. I love animals and I would never eat an animal that I have seen alive (we buried our chickens when they died and so forth), but when it comes to eating meat I've been doing so all my life, and I don't think I would be able to change it. So I suppose that itself answers the second question. I've never really thought about becoming a vegetarian, and even if I did chances are I wouldn't be able to.

As for others with their diets I have a friend (who is my best friend irl mind you all) who only eats chicken when it comes to meat. So when I'm with her, unless it was her family that made the food, or I'm with someone other than her, then I try to refrain from eating any other sort of meat other than chicken, just for common courtesy. Luckily, the past few times we hung out we've basically eaten McDonalds, which makes it alright due to the fact that I only eat their McChickens, haha.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Ostrich isn't too expensive over here, it's been years since I had it, but it tastes great. I should definitely ask my dad how to cook with it.

Other "weird" things I've eaten:
    -A variety of several types of exotic fruits and veggies (some tasted great, some beyond awful XD),
    -Frog Legs (tastes just like chicken, but slimy. this is something I grew up with, so I never considered it unusual XD),
    -Squid ( Calamaris, fried squid rings, are sooo good.)
    -Rabbit (hmm, can't say I'm too fond of it)
    -Crab (tastes great too, though it takes so much effort to eat)
    -Sambal made from chicken heart and liver. (tastes really good actually!!!)

My dad has even eaten Iguana and Crocodile.
    Crab isn't really uncommon here, so... have had that. I eat rabbit. Squid too, fairly often. Heck, I've had squid ink dishes.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between? Omnivore, definitely.
    What made you choose that? I didn't really choose it, it's just the "norm" I guess.
    Have you tried to be one of the others, but failed? Yes, I tried to be vegitarian but failed after 1 year... I needed chicken.
    Do you find it hard to associate with people who choose a different type of diet than you? No, as long as they're not pushing their views down my neck.
    Do you press your diet onto others, whether because you're just excited about it and want them to try, or are genuinely disgusted by their lifestyle? Haha well look at that! Err no, I don't, and I hate people who do. There's no need for it.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I'm an omnivore. It gives more variety to my diet (even though I eat meat and fats more lol) and others. I really don't see the point of being a vegan or a carnivore because if you are a vegan, you won't get lots of protein and for carnivores...idk but I don't think it's good. So I think omnivores are healthier.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between?
    I am an omnivore, I eat absolutely everything and there are very few things that I really won't eat. I love the fruit most, and I like vegetables and meat as well. I don't know if fish is categorized as meat, but that'd be my favourite.

What made you choose that?
    My dad can cook amazing, he cooks all sorts of exotic things, and my mom cooks the Dutch meals at home, so I am familiar with almost everything, and also like it.

Have you tried to be one of the others, but failed?

I think I trieeed to be vegetarian once, but not because I don't like meat or anything, just because I wanted to try it out. I don't think it lasted for more than a few days though XD

Do you find it hard to associate with people who choose a different type of diet than you?
    Not really, I mean to each their own. I just personally think that being a vegan or something isn't the healthiest thing you can do. I mean of course there are replacements for everything but really, just eat a fishy or something. I mean it's good for you lol.

Do you press your diet onto others, whether because you're just excited about it and want them to try, or are genuinely disgusted by their lifestyle?
    Not at all, I just try to tell some people that they should maybe try fish once in a while, but in the end it's up to them.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • What are you? What made you choose that?: I am an omnivore. If I limit myself to one food group i won't get my nutrients.

Have you tried to be one of the others, but failed?: Yes, I have tried, and failed, miserably

Do you find it hard to associate with people who choose a different type of diet than you?: No. It's actually pretty easy.

Do you press your diet onto others, whether because you're just excited about it and want them to try, or are genuinely disgusted by their lifestyle? : WHAAA??? Who in god's green earth would do such a thing? That's like forcing someone to belive in something that tney DON'T want to belive in.

So yes.

Just kidding, i say NO.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • Wow everyone is an omnivore...hehe!

What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between?
    -I'm actually a vegan. I've been one for 2 years now.

-Well, after watching how much animals suffer, it saddened me. Also, I'm huge with animals, as for 5 years when I was little, I wanted to be an Animal Cop. But I've changed my mind about my career, but I didn't about how much I love animals.

-I was an omnivore for my whole life. But I've never tried beef or pork before. I only ate chicken and turkey. I was also getting pretty pudgey, and when I became a vegan I lost 30 lbs, so I guess you can say veganism was a success and my omnivorism was a complete fail, LOL.

Do you find it hard to associate with people who choose a different type of diet than you?
    -Mostly when I'm out with friends and were all hungry. They usually pick a restraunt, and I have to try and make do with the food there. Just mixing and matching food. It does get annoying sometimes though because my friends will be looking at me like, "Hurry up!". I prefer to eat out with my family as they are more understanding then the people who don't live with me. But home is always the best place to eat! I can make everything!! :D

Do you press your diet onto others, whether because you're just excited about it and want them to try, or are genuinely disgusted by their lifestyle?
    -Ummmm, not really. Only my family, but just to tease them about how much their pork bacon is stinking up the whole house. :P

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
  • What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between?
    I will call myself an omnivore because I eat almost every kinds of food, be it vegetables, fruits, meat, cerals. Right from home-made meals to pizzas and street food.

Well, my eating habits totally depend on my own likes and preferences. I don't eat that doesn't appeal to me. I am kinda choosy sometimes also.

My parents have turned vegetarian, 10 years now. But I still continue to eat meat. So no never have I tried to be vegetarian.

Nope. I don't mind what others eat as long as they stay healthy.

Nah definitely not. I feel that I shouldn't impose my likes and dislikes on other people. I don't ask any of my vegetarian friends to try meat. That's not right at all. But I do ask them what is the reason or what made them choose such a eating habbit and give suggestions. That's all.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm an omnivore. Always have been cause I mean, for the longest time, I thought that was the only thing there was. I can't be the only one that thought that, right? Anyway, the only time I ever tried to change that was one day I when we went to KFC and the way they treat their chicken freaks me out, so I decided to be a vegetarian for that one meal only, lmao. I was like...13? Haha. Anyway, if someone else has a different diet than me, I mean, so what? I don't really care. Unless you're dessertarian, in which, you need to put down the chocolate probably. But I'll be honest here and say I got a little grossed out by the people that said they were carnivores. Like seriously? Straight carnivores, guys? You ONLY eat meat? That sounds so...disgusting and unhealthy. Your diet though, do what you want, but...eeee. Then again, when I think "carnivore" I think about 2nd grade where we learned the term and I think of animals that only eat meat. No bread or anything else, lol. Maybe that's why I think it's so gross sounding.

Because I love chicken and steak. Plus, I think the whole vegetarian thing is dumb, because the animals are "suffering" oh NOOOO. THEY'RE SUFFERING THEY'RE DYING. BECAUSE YOU DON'T EAT THEM DOES NOT MEAN THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T. YOU ARE NOT SAVING ONE ANIMAL BECAUSE YOU ATE GREEN BEANS INSTEAD OF CHICKEN. THEY STILL KILL THE CHICKENS AND COWS AND TURKEYS. >_>

Whoa, harsh? For the record, I am sure most vegetarians with the reason of "I love animals" know they can't stop people from killing them, but they'd rather not be a part of the cycle in eating them. I am pretty sure that's what they mean. So seriously, cool your ish. You're pretty rude, ngl.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between? Omnivore. But I don't really like veggies, but I still eat them. And I love my fruits.
    What made you choose that? I was born like that?
    Have you tried to be one of the others, but failed? Before my mom converted into a Christian, she was a Buddhist. So I had to "be" a vegetarian on the 15th of any month of the Chinese Lunar Calendar. But after she converted into a Christian (although I did not, cos I am a freethinker, my parents don't "force" me to believe in a religion), I stopped having that practice of being vegetarian on the 15th of the month of the Chinese Lunar Calendar.
    Do you find it hard to associate with people who choose a different type of diet than you? No. Why would I even do that... Although I don't really understand why some people who refuse to eat meat due to their love for animals. But I'll just have to keep my comments to myself.
    Do you press your diet onto others, whether because you're just excited about it and want them to try, or are genuinely disgusted by their lifestyle? Why would I? Its like everyone's a omnivore. Although I have a vegetarian friend. AND HE'S A VEGETARIAN DUE TO RELIGION (Buddhism).

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I'm an omnivore. To be honest... I don't really understand being a vegetarian/vegan unless it is for health reason. It is natural that humans have more than just a plant diet. We have canines and incisors for a reason. Not to mention that the sole reason that those animal's have life is for us to eat. I love animals, yes, but they are not people. The life of a person is definitely worth more than that of an animal. I know and am friends with many vegetarians and vegans alike. I respect them for being able to stick to such a difficult diet, but to be honest, something as trivial as that doesn't even matter. It's hardly the first thing that pops into my head when I talk to someone.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between?
    I'm an omnivore. I eat both meat and veggies.

Eating one type is boring, plus you need both to be healthy.

Nope, never did and never will.

No not at all. What the hell does diet have to do with friendship anyway?

No. Let them eat what they want.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm an omnivore. c:

I've just been raised like that, I guess. Always just had meat and vegetables.

Nope, and don't plan on trying.

Naw, one of my friends is a vegetarian. I think a couple of my other friends are, too, but I forget. :P A few times, when hanging out with one of my friends, I forget he's a vegetarian, and I'm sitting there eating meat, and he's just sitting there not eating, and I'm like, "Dude, you want a bite?" And he's like, "No, I'm good." Then I say, "Are ya sure?" And he's like, "Dude, I'm a vegetarian..." I then I facepalm thinking, "Oh yeah, herp derp..." :x

No, I would never do that. And I don't mind that they're vegetarians. It's their lifestyle. c:

Back