• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EX: ACANTHITE - The biggest thing in faking history

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
EX: ACANTHITE - The biggest thing in faking history (Updated 24/8/06)

add8lu.jpg

Part 1 – The introduction to Acanthite
Part 2 – The cards
Part 3 – The Fangking's return
Part 4 – Credits

========== Part 1 ==========
The introduction to Acanthite
=========================

Introducing the faking union of Cascade Gonpory and Fangking Omega, EX: Acanthite is the first of two sets designed to tie in with the game Pokémon Acanthite, a game which introduces a whole new perspective on Pokémon, featuring a new region, over a hundred new Pokémon, and a thicker plotline than the franchise has previously been used to.

Likewise, the card set aims to revolutionise faking once more. Comprised of fresh and original cards created with Cascade's Acanthite blank series, EX: Acanthite offers a slick design along with the new Mythical Pokémon blanks, used to add further depth to the set's image. Although Mythical status does not change gameplay style, it dictates the kind of attacks and method of the Mythical Pokémon, not only denoting Legendary Pokémon, but also new renditions of some other Pokémon who played parts in shaping the ancient history of the region of Merto.

EX: Acanthite's focus is on Anjewl and Diavil, the conflicting forces of Dark and Light whose ancient war is relived in a crucial story arc of Acanthite that Kamon/Silver must handle alongside his father and sister. This set also introduces some of the core Pokémon at the heart of Acanthite, featuring more than 100 cards and over 60 of the new Pokémon, leaving the remainder to appear in the follow-up set which likewise Cascade and myself will be collaborating on.

The union between the two of us is one that is highly productive. Cascade can really design some killer Pokémon, and I'm honoured that he's put these designs forward to appear in the game, and this is in fact my chance and his chance to do art of each other's designs that we love so much, which perhaps proves to be the driving force between the quality of art in this set. Our characters seem to impress each other and we want to do them justice in our art. Even in the middle of school and exams we've found the time to create some beautiful looking fake cards. We bounce of one another for inspiration, and that's what I think makes this set so great.

Cascade played this up as being the biggest thing in faking, and I agree. His cryptic clues have led some people into making wild theories that were completely over the top, and I hope that those people with hopes of the truly unlikely aren't too disappointed! Certainly, this set will be, I think, the biggest and most revolutionary since Zeo Edition or Nick15's incomplete Mayakashi, since bar the now lost EX: Twilight, I don't think there I've seen any large sized sets that made it to more than 50 cards to completion. Since starting recently, we've made 17 cards, and that's with added school and exams. I think summer will be pretty productive! And the size and vision of this set is beyond anything you'll have seen before; split up into two sets with 100 well designed original Pokémon there's over 200 cards guaranteed.

The success of Purity and Echidna in completing their set is proof that two fakers can do what no single faker has ever managed to do. With two experienced and inspired fakers at the helm, EX: Acanthite is one of those projects that you can expect to be completed to the highest standard. Truly the biggest thing in faking history.

So without further ado, let's move on and look at these cards!

========== Part 2 ==========
The cards

History

June 24th - Promotional prerelease; #P001 Shootree *, #P002 Striktoil * and #P003 Squink *

June 29th - First official Acanthite release; #11 Pharuff, #17 Apusel, #46 MissingNo., #53 Sneasel, #58 Whiskunk, #65 Finos, #82 Shootree, #86 Squink, #88 Striktoil

July 6th - Second official Acanthite release; #2 Caskinaz, #21 Damozelle, #39 Honoke, #41 Kestrawk, #50 Protrohm, #63 Felbin, #71 Meowgypt, #74 Neshell, #84 Skume

Corrected 2 cards from June 29th release; #11 Pharuff, #53 Sneasel

July 13th - Third official Acanthite release; #8 Hydronicle, #26 Lagowind, #36 Bunnigust, #37 Chansey, #40 Honoke, #75 Neutroule, #81 Sandshrew, #85 Squink, #87 Striktoil

Corrected 2 cards from July 13th release; #37 Chansey #81 Sandshrew

July 15th - Corrected 1 card from July 13th release; #8 Hydronicle

July 16th - Corrected 1 card from July 13th release; #87 Striktoil

20th July - Fourth official Acanthite release; #3 Cobroast, #31 Shrike, #38 Darukeni, #54 Statiode, #62 Darukan, #67 Globin, #78 Porygon, #80 Rabbair, #95 Nova Berry, #108 Weavile ex

21st July - Corrected 1 card from July 20th release; #80 Rabbair

27th July - Fifth official Acanthite release; #4 Darukorika, #16 Swardiful, #33 Aquericle, #43 Maskit, #55 Tayovrail, #60 Catayne, #70 Magnemite, #76 Oxyril, #82 Shootree, #99 Light Energy

Corrected 6 cards from July 27th release; #33 Aquericle, #43 Maskit, #55 Tayovrail, #60 Catayne, #70 Magnemite, #82 Shootree

24th August - Sixth official Acanthite release; #13 PorygonX3, #24 Hulala, #27 Leafly, #34 Beauteppe, #35 Beauteppe, #64 Finos, #66 Globin, #68 Grubble, #72 Mileaf, #107 Swardiful ex

No. 1 Anjewl - Light - Holo
No. 2 Caskinaz - Psychic - Holo (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 3 Cobroast - Fire - Holo (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 4 Darukorika - Fighting - Holo (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory and Fangking Omega – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 5 Diavil - Dark - Holo
No. 6 Electesla - Electric - Holo
No. 7 Faulsey - Dark - Holo
No. 8 Hydronicle - Water - Holo (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 9 Kirosyche - Light - Holo
No. 10 Mistrync - Virus - Holo
No. 11 Pharuff - Psychic - Holo (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 12 Plantree - Grass - Holo
No. 13 PorygonX3 - Colorless - Holo (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory) NEW!
No. 14 Psyclone - Psychic - Holo
No. 15 Squidrent - Water - Holo
No. 16 Swardiful - Grass - Holo (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)

No. 17 Apusel - Water - Rare (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 18 Blissey - Light - Rare
No. 19 Cinnamoth - Grass - Rare
No. 20 Cobroast - Fire - Rare
No. 21 Damozelle - Grass - Rare (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega and Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 22 Felion - Fire - Rare
No. 23 Fulquiem - Light - Rare
No. 24 Hulala - Water - Rare (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory) NEW!
No. 25 Kirosyche - Psychic - Rare
No. 26 Lagowind - Light - Rare (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 27 Leafly - Grass - Rare (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: ShiShiKo) NEW!
No. 28 Magneton - Metal - Rare
No. 29 Plantree - Grass - Rare
No. 30 Porygon2 - Colorless - Rare
No. 31 Shrike - Metal - Rare (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 32 Squidrent - Water - Rare

No. 33 Aquericle - Water - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 34 Beauteppe - Grass - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory) NEW!
No. 35 Beauteppe - Light - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory) NEW!
No. 36 Bunnigust - Colorless - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 37 Chansey - Colorless - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 38 Darukeni - Fighting - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 39 Honoke - Light - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 40 Honoke - Psychic - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 41 Kestrawk - Colorless - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 42 Lairon - Metal - Uncommon
No. 43 Maskit - Grass - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 44 Mawile - Metal - Uncommon
No. 45 Mightyena - Dark - Uncommon
No. 46 MissingNo. - Virus - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 47 Octikle - Water - Uncommon
No. 48 Octikle - Water - Uncommon
No. 49 Pillipede - Grass - Uncommon
No. 50 Protrohm - Electric - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 51 Rootree - Grass - Uncommon
No. 52 Rootree - Grass - Uncommon
No. 53 Sneasel - Dark - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 54 Statiode - Electric - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Lord9511)
No. 55 Tayovrail - Psychic - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 56 Viperno - Fire - Uncommon
No. 57 Viperno - Fire - Uncommon
No. 58 Whiskunk - Colorless - Uncommon (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega and Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)

No. 59 Aron - Metal - Common
No. 60 Catayne - Psychic - Common (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 61 Centivade - Grass - Common
No. 62 Darukan - Fighting - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 63 Felbin - Colorless - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 64 Finos - Light - Common (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory) NEW!
No. 65 Finos - Psychic - Common (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 66 Globin - Grass - Common (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory) NEW!
No. 67 Globin - Grass - Common (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 68 Grubble - Grass - Common (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Fangking Omega) NEW!
No. 69 Kittorch - Fire - Common
No. 70 Magnemite - Metal - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 71 Meowgypt - Psychic - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 72 Mileaf - Grass - Common (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: ShiShiKo) NEW!
No. 73 MissingNo. - Virus - Common
No. 74 Neshell - Grass - Common (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 75 Neutroule - Electric - Common (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 76 Oxyril - Water - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 77 Poochyena - Dark - Common
No. 78 Porygon - Colorless - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Shadow Bind)
No. 79 Psyclops - Psychic - Common
No. 80 Rabbair - Colorless - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 81 Sandshrew - Fighting - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Shadow Bind)
No. 82 Shootree - Grass - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 83 Shootree - Grass - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 84 Skume - Colorless - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega and Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 85 Squink - Water - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 86 Squink - Water - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 87 Striktoil - Fire - Common (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 88 Striktoil - Fire - Common (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)
No. 89 Sympholy - Light - Common
No. 90 Vulpix - Fire - Common

No. 91 Energy Plug - Trainer - Uncommon
No. 92 Energy Stream - Trainer - Uncommon
No. 93 Gonia Marsh - Trainer - Uncommon
No. 94 Limeburg Forest - Trainer - Uncommon
No. 95 Nova Berry - Trainer - Uncommon (Placement/effects: Cascade Gonpory and Fangking Omega – Art: Cascade Gonpory)
No. 96 Prof. Sorrell's Research - Trainer - Uncommon
No. 97 Professor Willow - Trainer - Uncommon
No. 98 Teleport Belt - Trainer - Uncommon

No. 99 Light Energy - Energy - Rare (Placement/attacks: Fangking Omega – Art: Fangking Omega)

No. 100 Metal Energy - Energy - Rare
No. 101 Darkness Energy - Energy - Rare
No. 102 Virus Energy - Energy - Rare

No. 103 Aggron ex - Metal - Holo
No. 104 Kangaskhan ex - Colorless - Holo
No. 105 Ninetales ex - Fire - Holo
No. 106 Sandslash ex - Fighting - Holo
No. 107 Swardiful ex - Light - Holo (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory and Fangking Omega – Art: Cascade Gonpory) NEW!
No. 108 Weavile ex - Dark - Holo (Placement/attacks: Cascade Gonpory and Fangking Omega – Art: Cascade Gonpory)

No. 109 Fighting Energy - Energy - Common
No. 110 Fire Energy - Energy - Common
No. 111 Grass Energy - Energy - Common
No. 112 Lightning Energy - Energy - Common
No. 113 Psychic Energy - Energy - Common
No. 114 Water Energy - Energy – Common

These 3 promo cards featuring Shining versions of the Acanthite starters were put out with the prerelease for EX: Acanthite.

p001shiningshootree9gi.jpg

p002shiningstriktoil5uh.jpg

p003shiningsquink1dc.jpg

========== Part 3 ==========
The Fangking's return

Yep, I think a couple of you got a bit suspicious... So here's my long winded message to induct myself once more into the ranks of fakers.

I must say, it's great to be back. It's been a very, VERY long time since I've faked properly. EX: Twilight was cut short by a broken hard drive way back in early 2005, and all the cards were lost when my host's server went down… It was such a shame, considering I was for the first time over 50% complete with one of my sets. I retired, bar one very poor card in May I made as a product of boredom on a day off school due to illness, and this card seemed to put the final nail in the coffin. I took this chance to fade into the realms of obscurity, and turned my hand to game making instead. I've said for a while that I wouldn't be returning to fake again and that I would be simply a spectator to other people's fakes. I was once perhaps among the most well known fakers around, having written the tutorial, put out the blanks and accessories… Pokémon Zeo was my base! I saw the two greatest summers of faking, 2003 and 2004. Since my retirement, Zeo's become almost dead save for the recent efforts of Eric's Mewtwo who seems to single-handedly keep the FCS afloat, along with the occasional newbie faker. 2005 was a dull summer to say the least. But wow, Pokecommunity really has thrived in comparison, thanks to the dedication of your own King Shuckle to provide faking its new home, and it's great to see the works of both new fakers and old; most of you all faking to an extremely high standard. When I knew the placement rules off by heart I was perhaps the sole greatest critic at Zeo, but now I could just sit back and enjoy the cards.

But despite my insistence I wouldn't fake again, Cascade has inspired me to open up Photoshop once more. The chance of working with my favourite faker of this era was such a great prospect, and he suggested we made a fake card set to tie in with my game. Brilliant! He also allowed me to put some of his incredibly well designed Pokémon into Acanthite, which was great for me, being a huge fan of his work. Then there were his Acanthite blanks, which were superbly stylish, and named after my game, and I was itching to use these. A whole set on sleek new blanks with whole new Pokémon is certainly a very challenging prospect. Here was the chance for the return of the Fangking, in the biggest and most ambitious faking project in a very long time.

========== Part 4 ==========
Credits

Nintendo and GAMEFREAK - well of course these guys come first. They've given us the amazing Pokémon franchise in the first place, and without them we wouldn't even be here doing this.

Purity, Echidna and Pokémon Zeo - the source of the faking skills and inspiration for many of us. Purity gets another special mention for providing the very bases of Advance blanks that I and later Cascade would develop so much in the next few years. Again, without those, we probably wouldn't have any blanks to work with.

Nick15 - THE original faker. Here is the guy who founded all card faking. He also provided some of the most inspirational eye candy EVER. No longer involved with Pokémon, he is a sad loss, but I will always remember his work.

King Shuckle - for getting card faking it's new home. This guy made it possible for faking to survive by getting a PPN to be the host for my blanks and rejuvenating the scene in general.

Kangaskhan Kid - old school faker and the designer of a vast number of Acanthite's Pokémon. He is responsible for the quality of new Pokémon designs that you see in Acanthite - he has donated so much time to sketching amazing new Pokémon! Great friend, and offers much encouragement and support. Without him, both the card set and the game would be losing quality.

VeridianEdge - gave a few Pokémon ideas to me for Acanthite.

Burninating Torchic - a most useful contribution in assisting me with card grammar. Whenever I've got a question, it's always this guy who I go to first. Friendly and happy to help!

Shadow Bind - for an excellent artistic contribution which we hope to have more of in this set! Thank you.

Lord9511 - also an art contributer with immense 3D skills! Much appreciated!

ShiShiKo - An awesome girl who is helping us with SUGIMORI art on some of the Acanthite Pokémon! Also a Pokémon designer, creating a few of the Acanthite Pokémon!

Cascade Gonpory - I will offer personal thanks to the guy who brought me back to faking once more. An amazing artist and card faker, he is inspirational to me, and has also greatly helped the design of the Pokémon Acanthite game by contributing some incredible Pokémon.

And of course the entire community, past and present, who have supported us in all our works. It is your support that has kept us so involved in the Pokémon scene for so long.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
You said...but you said...YOU...you...!!!!

You GENIUS you, Fangking Omega, you really had me going there!

And what wouldn't I give to work with Cascade Gonpory...

As for the above information? THIS...is gonna be good...I've waited, ever since I started getting interested in faking, for something like this to happen. And now it's happening, I'm lovin' it!

EDIT: And, yes, my personal thanks for including Nick15. It was a truly sad loss when he left faking, very upsetting for a lot of people. I'm sure every one of those people want to thank both of you. :)

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
cool cards! but the "Illus. Cascade Gonpory" looks too bold, and i think this set looks pretty average! - c'mon, you could have done better...

JOKING!!! WOW! you really made that post look professional! - i hope your all happy guys coz this is still coming... ! it's only just pre-released! Im looking forward to releasing some fine cards! and with the help of FANGKING* - this set is truly going to be the best thing in faking history!!! ever!

ciao

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Needless to say we've been delighted with the response we got before we even gave anything concrete away. I must thank you Double Dash for your particular enthusiasm, and I really hope you enjoy this set :) We've had it planned for a long time, come to think of it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Thanks, Fangking. :) I've enjoyed the guesswork...:D I assure you, this set's already relit the faking community...that last topic had, what, 120 posts?

Years
oh boy, i can smell something sweet going on here, the truely remarkable return of Fangking
loving that card Fangking

Cascade + Fangking = something fantastic

QFred

Behold...
Years
Cool Fang! Nice cover up!! You really know how to fool people (not mending to offend)...

Also, those cards are amazing!!!

I love the art on Squink but as personal attack I prefer Striktoil's or Shoortree.

Anyways, since this collab will bring up amazing cards, I can't wait to see them all!

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
Years
and what happened with Kulseed?

it's not so fun when there's no errors to point out. :classic:
these cards are amazing.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Kulseed was originally made in card form for the actual set, but in reviewing it as a Pokémon for both Pokémon Acanthite and EX: Acanthite, we decided it was a poor Pokémon - didn't look like a real one. So we substituted the Shootree evo line with it to be the new Grass starter, and scrapped Kulseed altogether. In fact, the overall list of Acanthite Pokémon that I released once upon a time has changed quite a lot in order to accomodate new, superior Pokémon over what were some poor designs. When this set truly unfolds, you'll see some really awesome new Pokémon.

Thank you all for the kind comments so far :) It really makes me glad to be back. We're very excited for the release of the first wave of new cards.

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
Fangking and I have decided to release 9 Cards each week, like a booster set up, something like, One rare (holo, ex, or rare) 2 uncommons and 3 commons or something like that.. i dunno, but 9 cards each week :) make it exciting

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
What about Epsilon pokemon?
I was going to guess fossil pokemon but the thread was closed before I could post.

I like the cards. They look official (other than the fact that those pokemon aren't real) :)

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
Years
Firemaker said:
What about Epsilon pokemon?
I was going to guess fossil pokemon but the thread was closed before I could post.

I like the cards. They look official (other than the fact that those pokemon aren't real) :)

I don't think there will be any epsilon pokémon.
just this new species of pokémon (or "generation")

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2006
*dumbfounded*

......................:shocked: .....................

This is my first ever post on PokeCommunity, thank you Cascade (the one and only!) and Fangking (what can I say?)

GREAT CARDS! You really had us thinking... rock on!

Back