• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EX: ACANTHITE - The biggest thing in faking history

vulpi

Made in Poland
Years
Fangking Omega said:
Vulpi, could you tell us what's wrong exactly with these Pokémon? We've tried to design them so that they follow standard Pokémon convention, and the names are meant to be both relevant to the Pokémon themselves and spoken in a way that rolls off the tongue effectively. It's a difficult and time consuming process...

Ok, the truth is, that I don't really like fake Pokemon. This isn't wrong, that you made cards with these Pokemon, but I only accept only oryginal Pokemon from games, that's all ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Ok, the truth is, that I don't really like fake Pokemon. This isn't wrong, that you made cards with these Pokemon, but I only accept only oryginal Pokemon from games, that's all
Well, can't you still rate the cards, surely?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
vulpi said:
Ok, the truth is, that I don't really like fake Pokemon. This isn't wrong, that you made cards with these Pokemon, but I only accept only oryginal Pokemon from games, that's all ;)

Well that's a very narrow minded view; you're limiting other people's creativity. We're thinking outside the box here. It's like saying "no you can't use that blank, they don't exist in the real TCG."

We're not just average fakers making crappy low grade fake Pokémon that look completely wrong as Pokémon and with stupid names like "Dragonsaur" and "Firecat" or something (Cascade certainly isn't! He's the best Pokémon designer around IMO, should be working for Nintendo! :p). I've seen some awful fake Pokémon out there. However, we're trying to make it as close to actual design style as we possibly can, while doing bringing something completely original to the game.

You shouldn't write them off just because they're made up Pokémon. You should award them on their merits :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Fangking Omega said:
Well that's a very narrow minded view; you're limiting other people's creativity. We're thinking outside the box here. It's like saying "no you can't use that blank, they don't exist in the real TCG."

We're not just average fakers making crappy low grade fake Pokémon that look completely wrong as Pokémon and with stupid names like "Dragonsaur" and "Firecat" or something (Cascade certainly isn't! He's the best Pokémon designer around IMO, should be working for Nintendo! :p). I've seen some awful fake Pokémon out there. However, we're trying to make it as close to actual design style as we possibly can, while doing bringing something completely original to the game.

You shouldn't write them off just because they're made up Pokémon. You should award them on their merits :)

Hear hear! Smartest thing any faker ever said, that.

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
THANX for the comment fang! now i have internet, i'll get started with some more art and cards!!! and shadow_bind! thanx for the porygon and sanshrew art!

i'll open my site VERY shortly.... with all the blanks attached, - although, the new Mythical Ex balnk wont be released JUST yet! I will also get started on some Delta BLanks...

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
Im currently updating my sites so that they can be available to completely veiw by tomorrow night.

also, i am just going to make stuff clear as to what is Whiskunks eye!
hehehe - from the diagram below

whiskunkseye7ki.jpg

you can see that the white and black and brown thing is his eye, not the small blue line, that is it's cheek!

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
Years
This is AMAZING! I think I'll get some nice paper and print these out to look like real cards.

...that Sneasel looks better than any official card picture...

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
please, don't go off topic flame claw, this topic is for ex:Acanthite only. That is NOT ex acanthite material... i'll forgive you this once because you didn't know, but yeah, thanx for your posts here people

Flame Claw

Flaminator
Years
Sorry, thought it might be a subset or something.

Since your set is so great with artwork from the 2 masters, I'll place my 200th post in the EX: Acanthite topic to show my thanks for the inspiration to get my own set going.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
We're honoured :-p

I'm all ready for the release. And it's thursday here. BUT I'm gonna keep you on tenterhooks a little while longer and wait until I get up :D Because not all of you guys are in thursday yet -_-

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Right then, today was the second card release! 9 new cards, and 2 corrections. I've also made a correction to the order of the set list.

Particularly noteworthy this week is the effort of Kangaskhan Kid who's been in overdrive with designing the Acanthite Pokémon! I'm able to make so much progress with this guy on the side! Seriously, I think he's credited as the designer of 36 of the 102 Pokémon, and there's still more from him to come! I can't thank this guy enough, and the quality of some of the new Pokémon designs is all down to him. If you like, I would say he is the 3rd man behind this project. What a phenomenal effort!

This week sees his designs Kestrawk and Felbin being brought to life along with Protrohm. Caskinaz is one of Cascade's designs as is Skume, and so is Meowgypt although I did the art for that one. Damozelle, Neshell and Honoke are based off my designs, although drawn expertly by Cascade.

Enjoy!

Back