• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EX: ACANTHITE - The biggest thing in faking history

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Thank you guys :)

I believe Cascade's Epsilon reference was actually to highlight it's relationship as a greek letter to Omega - a little but very obscure clue regarding my return... Someone implied Epsilon species, and Cascade confirmed that Epsilon had some relation to what was going to happen :P hmmm.

Awaiting Thursday with some anticipation :D It's just a matter of choosing which cards to post -_-

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
Years
Im not as surprised as I thought Id be.. It was alittle too giving when you showed up for days when the topic was released.. honetly I thought this idea was swimming around for awhile.. Cascade said a long time ago that the new blanks were for cards for your Pokemon.. I just thought he was working on them alone..

Its good to see you back in the game Fang.. good luck to you both on the set.. I look forward to seeing the rest..

btw, EX is a prefix for the use of the blanks in those sets.. since your using new card blanks, should u still use EX?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
EX: Is a prefix for all sets post EX: Ruby & Sapphire so far as I am aware. The blank has undergone a few changes since even then. The Acanthite blank is basically an evolved Advance blank, and as we still have Pokémon-ex in the set, the prefix still seems appropriate.

The first 9 cards of the set have been unveiled! Enjoy! It was difficult to choose which ones to put out this time around, but in the end you'll see them all anyway.

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
Years
Pharuff- the coolest looking Pokémon in this set (so far)
very creative and very fuzzy. the illustration is amazing.
Power is great, Ancient Shadow one of the best attacks (it could do serious damage. and that's what 2 energy discards are for)

Apusel- don't like him very much. cool background, though.

MissingNo.- Weird Pokémon (if it is a Pokémon). Don't understand how can it attack with water gun, but Data Duplication is sure interesting. Love the virus blank.

Sneasel- nice illustration.

Whiskunk- love the idea of that kind of Pokémon. I can't find his eyes. (is it that white circle or blue one)

Finos- reminded me of Kirlia. great illustration.

Shootree- one of the best illustrations. I rly like it. Bullet Seed looked overpowered to me, but 40HP balanced that, I guess.

Squink- don't like that Pokémon, but the pic is very good.

Striktoil- ok illus. i like the shining version better.

overall, great illustrations. very, very creative looking Pokémon. great attacks.
can't wait to see more.
i usually don't rate cards, but I think you know how much you guys would get.:)

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2006
I love the set!! Specially the MissingNo. ROCK ON FANG GONPORY AND CASCADE KING! (Mix-Up Intended!)

Bombsey

La-li-lu-le-lo!!
Years
Hehe, Finos is cute ^_^

And cudos for making MissingNo. It's probably one of the most faked "Polkamon" if you can call it that x3

vulpi

Made in Poland
Years
Yes, I think too, that MissingNo is the best :D

Rest of the cards are good to, but I dislike the names and outlook of these Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Pharuff - Clever design, nice to see the Mystery blanks back. Perfect wording, no errors at all. Scary picture... 10/10.

Apusel - Clever attack, good strong Body, nice picture. 10/10.

MissingNo. - VIRUS BLANK! Quite amazing. It's clever to see a 'Pokémon' that's both powerful and weak. Unique Body. 10/10.

Sneasel - My favourite Pokémon! Well, Weavile aside. Nice blank. I think Elaboration boom could have been a tad stronger too, I'd have done 20+. 9.5/10.

Whiskunk - Clever. It's actually a very clean blank, too. I've seen it before, sure, but not in use. Boost Attack is clever. Though again, I'd have maybe done 30+. 9/10.

Finos - That honestly looks like Sugimori himself has drawn it. Nice, simple Pokémon. 10/10.

Shootree - very nice. That illustration's scary. Clever, I like both attacks. 9.5/10.

Squink - Simple. I'd maybe have had another attack though. 8.5/10.

Striktoil - simple, effective. 9/10.

Good job so far, can't wait for the next batch!

Is Cascade updating his website BTW?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
He will be at some point! His internet starts working properly again on Saturday I think -_- You'll get your blanks soon I should hope.

I don't think any of the attacks need to do more damage. Whiskunk for example could get a nice 40 for 2 in any deck, which ain't so bad. As for Sneasel... well... it's an uncommon that's due to evolve. Doesn't need to be too strong ;)

Vulpi, could you tell us what's wrong exactly with these Pokémon? We've tried to design them so that they follow standard Pokémon convention, and the names are meant to be both relevant to the Pokémon themselves and spoken in a way that rolls off the tongue effectively. It's a difficult and time consuming process...

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Almost forgot...set list is very good indeed. Can I ask, who does PorygonX3 evolve from?

Oh, and WEAVILE EX! Woo!

I can't wait to see these Energy cards - even the originals! I'm sure the designs are going to be absolutely fantastic. Even if they're the original ones. :D I've seen the blanks. Amazing. I'm interested to see the Light Energy and Virus Energy effects.

QFred

Behold...
Years
Awesome new cards... I love Pharruf!!! It's so... original and furry and well drawn and, wow!!!

I also like the art on Shootree, Apusel and Sneasel. I don't like the MissingNo. and Strinktoil art, though...

Anyway... if this set is continuing in this direction... I'm sure it will be awesome!

Years
Gah, I tried skimming through the list but I probably missed it. Does MissingNo. evolve into anyone?

Apusel's card and picture are amazing. The water Acanthite blank really seems to bring out the card borders and such a lot, I think, because I was staring at it for a minute trying to figure out why it's the best looking one of them all.

(Pharuff frightens me! :E)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
MissingNo. does evolve, yes. Look out for that ;)

There's been a mixed response to Apusel, much like the original one I made over a year and a half ago. I loved Cascade's redesign of it, and the art is fantastic and unique. Looks simple, which is why some people on other forums thought it was a bit weak, yet it's striking and effective. Hence why Cascade is one of the genius artists of faking. It's one of my personal favourites - the Tropical Bird finally looks great ;) And yeah, Cascade's beautiful blanks really bring it to life.

I think that's all why it's such a pleasure to be working alongside Cascade in bringing these Pokémon to life :)

Pharuff does look pretty mean... one of my favourite designs... naturally by Cascade! When I drew it, I wanted a level of detail that made it both savage and yet majestic.

Thank you all for the positive response to this set. There's more amazing stuff to come ;)

In about a week -_-

Years
Fangking Omega said:
Thank you all for the positive response to this set. There's more amazing stuff to come ;)

In about a week -_-
-_-;
I love these new cards. Best fakes ever! Hands Down!
I can't wait to see MissingNo.'s Evo. Is it Rhydon or Kangaskan? LOL

Back