• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exp Share.... sorta lame...

Years
  • I love that Game Freak decided to revert the EXP system back to how it was in Generation 5, that makes it seem like the games are generally more difficult without having to change the EXP Share.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • They actually nerfed the experience you earn compared to Gen VI, where it was super easy to level up your Pokemon (My HM slave got to level 40~ while not even using it once). Also, I find this game to be more difficult than the previous gen as well so it balances out with the Exp-Share and the experience earning ratio similar to Gen V. I personally keep it on but if you don't like it you can turn it off by selecting it from your bag.

Years
  • I don't mind it one bit, as it helps save me a bit of hassle in leveling newer pokemon. Never was a fan of the catch-up grind in older games if I needed a pokemon that I hadn't leveled at all (was just annoying), so this thing is only a boon for me.

JaydenTheDragonTamer

RPG Fanatic.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2022
    Exp share all is a welcome addition. (I believe it was in gen 1 as well, but in later games was removed) I wouldn't really consider Pokemon games hard to begin with. Also not everyone as the time to grind every Pokemon individually. Exp share all cuts down time on the grinding drastically . Which can be good or bad depending on your perspective. But then again you can just turn it off anyways if you want too.

Years
  • While people were initially annoyed about the 6th Gen Exp. Share being retained, it's actually a blessing in this game because 5th Gen EXP scaling was also brought back and therefore makes grinding harder than usual. Having the Exp. Share on constantly helps cut down the time grinding since your other Pokemon will also be getting the EXP, with some extra if they actually take part in the battle.

Back