• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Expanding Move Tutor in Fire Red [VIP]

Years
  • Hello guys, thats my first tutorial here in the Pokecommunity and before we begins, sorry if my english was not good in the tutorial. I was born on Brazil, heuheuhuehue, br br?

PS: This tutorial works on clean roms of Pokemon Fire Red 1.0 or 1.1 and I've tested on Leon's base too, but needs to clean the pointers of Ultimate tutors (Inside of the patch you will find the address of tutors, select the entire offset and replace with FF bytes). After this the 2nd island starter tutor is ded, but who cares?

What you need to create your expansion:
    - A clean rom of Fire Red (Leon's base and custom roms works, but need one offset cleaning)
    - Hex Maniac Advance (A ultra mega blast tool to create all process)
    LINK:HEX MANIAC EDITOR!!!
    - Imagination and creativity ( You can have more inspiration only if you use HMA, no more words, just download and enjoy the tool)
    - Do not forget to creating backups, of the rom and the inis like PGE (If you want to edit after in PGE})

Step one:
    - Download HMA (Hex Maniac Advance), and drag your Fire Red rom into the tool.

Step two:
    - Go to Utilities>Make Move Tutors Expandable.
    Spoiler:

- The process run automatically after you click in "Run" LOL!
    Spoiler:

Step three a:
    - Press Ctrl + G and type: tutormoves (Yes, the tool is perfect to find the vanilla address), or you click in the menu>tutormoves or goto 459B60, that's the pointer of tutors.
    Spoiler:

Step three b:
    - If you want to repoint, just select the entire table, and press Ctrl + X. Find a clear address and type Ctrl + V (Yes, the tool uses the vanilla command to replace bytes instead of expand the size of rom), the move tutor table automatically was moved to this address.
    Spoiler:

Expanding the amount of tutors on your project:
    - Just click in the anchor and in the bar above, just put in DECIMAL the total of tutors. In my tutorial I put 80 (You can put more; 2 elevated to 31x, in a nutshell, infinity :o )
    Spoiler:

Step four:
    - Now, we edit the compatible table. If you expand the total of tutors in the anchor (0x459B60 - using the anchor edit in the tool ONLY), automatically the compatible table is moved to free space!
    BUT, lets think that you want to another address, you can click in the anchor icon or select all table, just scroll mouse with ctrl like zoom edit, and do the same process of Step Three b.
    Spoiler:

DO NOT FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR .INI COMPATIBLE TUTOR TABLE IF YOU USE A POKEMON EDITOR LIKE PGE

Step five:
    - Now, you will edit move by move. You can edit using HMA or PGE (Updating the table, of course). You can click in the bytes and write or in the left bar, selecting the specific move, this is not hard:
    Spoiler:

- You can edit the compatibility move of pokemons in two ways:
    Using the total of pokemons that learn a specific move (menu>tutormoves), at the left side, as you can see, the "MEGA PUNCH" selected, shows which pokemon learn the move at bar, OR going to menu>tutorcompatibility to select which pokemon learn the total of moves.
    Spoiler:

Step Six: The Script on Fire Red (Using XSE or HMA {yeeeees, HMA can be used to be a script editor, same process inside of A-Map}, without setflags)
    Spoiler:

- And its done, guys. I hope you enjoy this tutorial and sorry again about my english (ultra blast rip me).
    - The Hex Maniac Advance is a amazing tool that enables you edit your project with security, instead of another tools.
    - Dont forget to make backups, of the .gba roms and .ini of any tool that you use.
    HMA have some updates, thats make a safe tool to make some edits without fear, instead of unstable tools. You can edit all data that exists using HMA, but if you wants to use PGE to edit the tutors or compatibility, make backups and tests.

HMA IS THE FUTURE!!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Gonna add onto this: I have a program that converts learnsets from showdown and can make them tutor moves. tarma, if you don't mind, I could link that here, or you could include it in your post.

Did you know that HMA converts automatically, right?

Back