• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exploring the Galaxy

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • You've been given the opportunity to own a brand new space ship, that is well defended, can replicate food/fuel, and is fast enough that you can explore the entire galaxy within your life time. (That really only works if you're fairly young. lol) However, if you choose to take this opportunity, you can no longer return to Earth, ever see or speak to anyone from Earth, or share any of your findings with Earth. You also have no clue whether or not there actually are aliens in the galaxy, or how advanced they are.

Would you do it?

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Heck no, I would be way to scare to do it also, I would want to stay on Earth, because I would miss all the things and people on Earth.

I would also get lonely :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    No thanks. I want to live a normal life, not be stuck in space.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Keep in mind, it's entirely possible that there are other races out there, possibly way more advanced than us, that you could meet, and maybe even join at some point, if you get tired of exploring.

Then again, maybe not.

Last edited:

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years

• My, Uranus sure is big.

Travelling the cosmos could be fun. Am sure that I could find a nice meat substitute. Like eggs.

And there are bound to be bunch of asteroids to have fun with.
    Tractor beaming them towards planetary collisions, blasting 'em for target practice, looking for the worm than ate the Falcon, etc.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I wouldn't risk leaving my friends for finding something totally undiscovered. I might find some other planet/star with intelligent life being, but it's probably going to be a big gamble.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Hell no, being alone trying to explore the unknown galaxy. What if some aliens abducted me and experimented on me? D:

I'm pretty happy here on Earth.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    If I could bring one person with, and explore beyond the Milky Way, then yes. But just one galaxy for 60-70 years? Meh.

Years
  • No, I don't think even in my darkest moods I'd want to be alone for the rest of my life. I like the idea of doing something meaningful and seeing new things and having those once-in-a-lifetime experiences, but it seems awfully lonely.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Hell no. I'd rather stay here despite me always wanting to be alone XD.
    But discovering a wormhole, going to other galaxies, going to Proxima Centauri would be nice lol.

And I can stay away from my classmates :).

But I'd rather stay here lol.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd really like to make such a venture, but if I can't bring my discoveries back to Earth nor return when I retire, there's no good reason to go.

Last edited:

Spidey

Whovian.
    Years
  • I'd do it, but only if you don't mean just the galaxy, because that doesn't take 60 years. =/ I don't mind being alone, I don't need social interaction, I don't care if I won't return, and I love space, I'm definitely going.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    As nice as that sounds, I'd have to pass. I'd be longing for a computer/internet access and I'd probably go crazy. :<

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    I'd like to (think) take the risk --if there is the slightest chance that maybe another intelligent life or whatever exists, I'd want to take that chance.

However, I won't.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Never if I couldn't return, that would just make it seem lonely and not worth it.

Back