• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extraversion, Introversion, and Ambiversion

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I used to think I was an Introvert, but now I find that I'm more of an Ambivert. I enjoy (and need) social interactions, but I also prefer to spend time by myself. I think after I spend a long time by myself, my social interactions are a lot more sufficient.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I can basically confirm that I'm extroverted.

In psychology class today, we had a kind of "test" to see whether someone is an introvert or extrovert, and I definitely came out to be extroverted, and I completely agree with it since I don't like spending my time alone. (I'm always picked first when doing group projects and stuff)

(If you are curious to see the "test," you can just ask here, but it'll take me a while to put it up)

I'm definitely and extrovert. xD

I much prefer to be by myself most of the time, and being around people past a certain point gets exhausting. I do like being around people for a little while, and occasionally can manage to pull a six hour day of hanging with friends, though that's few and far between. Since I've started working I've gotten more used to be being around people all day, but it's still tiring, even though it's easier than it used to be. I'd still rather have my quiet time.
    You're extroverted and prefer to be by yourself? Odd. (maybe you mean introverted :P)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Ambivert, leaning towards introvert.

I like to go out on the town every once in a while, but I also like to stay home and relax. A lot. People bother me, and I need to blow off the annoyance every so often. Ergo, I stay home.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • I'd say I'm a bit of both an introvert and an ambivert. For example, in a classroom full of people I don't know, I usually don't talk to anyone unless they start talking to me first. Sometimes this takes half the year. However, in a group of about 3 or 4 friends, I'm not shy or introverted at all. Although in bigger groups of 6+ people, even friends, I tend to revert back to being introverted. I'm strange, I know.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Theoretically, no one should be a pure introvert.

I lean towards introvercy a lot, yet I can't help it; I NEED to socialize! It's something inner, something desired. Something inevitable. So I'm going to go with 'ambivert and a stick'.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Most likely an ambivert. I enjoy my alone time, but I also enjoy being with others. It all depends on my mood and if I've been mostly alone or with people, what I really want at that moment. The other two options sound too extreme to me -- although out of those two, I'm more an introvert.

This is pretty much how I am as well. I gladly live alone and spend most of my time self-reflecting but there are times when I feel like I've been alone too much and crave human interaction, not to mention a desire to share any discoveries I make or ideas I come up with whilst self-reflecting. It can be very frustrating when no one is available at those times. I prefer alone time mostly when I'm engrossed in projects and work (except to share it with others) but when I'm less focused or when I'm at school (and also not in the midst of working) I'm very bubbly and social and feed off interaction with friends.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Ambivert, but I lean more toward extroverted when in a college/school setting with friends, and more toward introverted when at home with family since we have so little in common and there's nobody nearby to socialze with. Which means I'm in introvert mode right now, sadly...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    C.)

It actually depends on the moment for me sometimes, I want to be alone, reconsidering my thoughts and other times I want to be in the comfort of my friends.

Years
  • C.

I usually lean more toward extroversion though. But I get tired a lot and sometimes I just don't have the energy to express myself or make connections with people. It's depressing.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I tend to be more of an introvert, but not completely. Maybe I'm an ambivert, I don't really know.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Easily an ambivert. Aren't most people ambiverts?
    Sometimes, I like being alone, but most of the times I like being in the company of the few that I like. A few other times, I can't even explain the state I'm in, lol.
    I don't like to be with big groups though. I like to be either one or two people usually, when I do feel like being an extrovert, which is most of the times.

Also, for some reason, my browser's spell check feature doesn't register ambivert.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Introvert around people in general, Extrovert around friends. When I'm with people who I know I can say whatever with, without them caring, then yeah I'm generally an extrovert, lol. But people I haven't spoken to before? Nope, introvert :x SO, as a result I am an ambivert, yeah.

Back