• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extraversion, Introversion, and Ambiversion

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
  • Here is a link in case you wanna read up on these terms.

Basically, would you consider yourself:

A) An Extravert: Someone who enjoys social interaction and activities, and finds that they feel energized by it

B) An Introvert: Someone who prefers the quiet of their own mind, and finds that they find it energizing to reflect on themselves.

C) An Ambivert: Someone who finds that neither one quite fits them, and they feel that a balance of the two applies to them better. Basically, they like both social interactions AND spending time by themselves.

Which one fits you best?

Also, if you have better descriptions for the terms, lemme know. xD

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • *Extrovert

Me being a Grammar Nazi aside (wouldn't've called it out if you had only spelled it wrong in the title :B), I'm an ambivert. I'm very quiet around others I don't know so well in real life, but loud and outgoing when with people I trust. Online, I'm typically outgoing though then again it's kind of hard to be a recluse...unless you hang around chatrooms without responding or lurk the forums without making posts, I guess...

Zameric

The One and Only
    Years
  • Out of those three, I'm definitely an Ambivert.
    I'm by no means a social butterfree beautifly butterfly, but I enjoy the company of good friends.
    There are also times when I'd like to just be alone to relax.
    I usually don't tend to start conversations in person, with new people.
    I am more socially open when conversing with people online.
    I'm like the stereotypical texting teen, except with instant messengers. :P

Years
  • Most likely an ambivert. I enjoy my alone time, but I also enjoy being with others. It all depends on my mood and if I've been mostly alone or with people, what I really want at that moment. The other two options sound too extreme to me -- although out of those two, I'm more an introvert.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm definitely and extrovert. xD

I much prefer to be by myself most of the time, and being around people past a certain point gets exhausting. I do like being around people for a little while, and occasionally can manage to pull a six hour day of hanging with friends, though that's few and far between. Since I've started working I've gotten more used to be being around people all day, but it's still tiring, even though it's easier than it used to be. I'd still rather have my quiet time.

Years
  • Drew, don't you mean introvert?

I find too much socializing tiring and I need to have time to myself every day or I get irritable like I haven't slept. I don't know if this is something I've learned over time or just what I naturally am, but I've tried being more social and usually I have trouble past a point of a few hours of constant socializing. Usually I'll find some way of getting away from talking for at least a little while.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm an ambivert. Most of the time, I spend time by myself, but I have just enough social skills to mingle with other people.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I feel like I'm probably more of an ambivert, and I used to definitely be an ambivert, but lately offline I've gotten more and more socially anxious so I'm almost totally introverted.
    But, since I'm so open and friendly online and like chatting, I guess I would be ambiverted if I weren't so backoffish and nervous in public.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Probably have to say ambivert as well. I hate breaking the ice but if someone starts a conversation with me I'll put some effort into keeping it going. And online I'm more extrovert cause it's easier for me to start a conversation. I'm sort of socially awkward I suppose. More comfortable at my computer than in person.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'd say I'm an ambivert. I don't go out of my way to meet new people or deliberately seek out social activity because I do quite like being by myself, but I also enjoy spending time with my existing friends and shopping or going to the movies or to dinner. I rarely settle on either extreme for too long.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • Definitely an introvert, but around those I know I am definitely an extrovert. I am not saying I am in between because for the most part, I love being by myself, I hate social interaction with people I don't know, groups, going out, haha, all the extrovert stuff! I'm an only child, so I'm kinda socially awkward!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Ambivert.

I love my alone time, but too much of it has me climbing up the walls. I also love spending time with my friends, but too much of THAT has me wanting to murder all of them. I think I've got a nice balance between the two... but I didn't realise that there was a word for it. You learn something new every day!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • *Extrovert

Me being a Grammar Nazi aside (wouldn't've called it out if you had only spelled it wrong in the title :B), I'm an ambivert. I'm very quiet around others I don't know so well in real life, but loud and outgoing when with people I trust. Online, I'm typically outgoing though then again it's kind of hard to be a recluse...unless you hang around chatrooms without responding or lurk the forums without making posts, I guess...

Well, the Wikipedia Article I linked to says it can be spelled with an a or an o, so I went with a. ^__^

As for me, if possible, I would say I am an ambivert, but I lean towards introversion. I enjoy the company of others, and lately I have found myself doing more social things, but I still feel like I enjoy my time just a little more when I am by myself. Well, in real life at least. xD

Online, I lean less towards introversion, so I would be more of an ambivert. I like chatting on MSN and PC, and when I get messages I am like "w00t!" but I also have moments where I am just like, "Phew, no one is messaging me..."

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I guess I'm :
    C) An Ambivert: Someone who finds that neither one quite fits them, and they feel that a balance of the two applies to them better. Basically, they like both social interactions AND spending time by themselves.

because there will be times that i want to be social while at other times, I want to be by myself.

:t354:TG

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Ambivert. I enjoy being alone, but I can be social enough.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • I'm an Extrovert.
    There is no middle ground with me, I am the life of the party, a social butterfly etc etc.
    You get the picture. I love being surrounded by people and I'll talk to everyone and I love being with other people and chatting and hanging out and stuff.

I hate being alone as well :x Yeah extroversion for the win.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Grade-A introvert right here.

I've always been pretty shy and I hate going to social occasions where there are attendees beyond my small group of friends. I just like to work/ relax by myself and not have to deal with people more than I want to. I always find something entertaining when I'm by myself whereas when I'm around other things just become... Boring regardless of what we're doing :/

On the flipside, I'd probably classify myself as an Ambivert when I'm online. While I don't post as often as others, by no means do I stay quite or remove myself from social interactions.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I guess I'd say I'm an ambivert. I do enjoy my alone time, but also crave social interaction from time to time. I can't go on alone for too long or I'll get really bored or lonely. Even online, I'm very shy and somewhat socially awkward but I love keeping conversations going if someone starts one up with me.

Back