• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extremely overpowered?

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    There are just some cards out there that are way too strong compared to others.
    Spoiler:
    I mean, just look at the damn thing, 80 base damage, and it'll leave you unable to attack. Whoop-dee-doo.

So yeah, I created this thread so everyone can rant on overpowered cards, as well as giving/getting some advice on how to beat 'em.

(PS, I don't play with weakness and resistance, so please don't tell me to get a fire deck. XD)

Years
    Look at the EX cards that it has to compete with, though. And look at that energy cost. Some Pokemon can do 100 for 2, like the HGSS Raichu. Besides, technically, if you retreat, the condition that you can't attack is negated, since it says "The Defending Pokemon", meaning it only applies to the Pokemon that is on the receiving end of the attack.

get a fire deck But why do you play without using weakness and resistance? It's an integral part of the gameplay, and makes it so that the format has more checks and balances built in so we as the players don't end up with a tournament format that looks like YGO's where only certain decks win until something more powerful comes out. At least, so it doesn't happen as often. we had a couple years where Pokemon SP were really dominant and hard to beat

I personally don't think there's anything overpowered that comes to mind off the top of my head in the current format (excluding the fact that most of the best EX cards are already overpowered to begin with, and same with Reshiram and Zekrom), but back in the day, Hitmonchan was ridiculously powerful and almost overpowered because 70 HP back then went a lot further than it does today, and it had a very efficient attack that is still pretty nifty even by today's energy curve standards.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Against cobalion the best thing i think of doing everytime i face it is to make him confused.

Still cobalion needs 2metal 1colorless so it is possible to knock him out before he gets full powered

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    With the way the game is developing, a lot of cards are going to be very powerful. And realistically a lot of "overpowered" cards are mediocre outside of a specific deck. Without Special Metal and Klingklang support Cobalion is a threat, but not impassable.

This thing IMO is the most broken thing to be released:
    Spoiler:

tl;dr F*** Darkrai EX

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Check out the black kyurem ex that's out in Japan. It comes with an item that boosts its max HP to 300, and its attack does 150 for (W)(L)(L)(C), meaning it can take advantage of eelektric for energy acceleration. AND it's dragon type, so it isn't even weak to terrakion. Rayquaza needs to discard three energy to one-shot it with the 300HP item.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    Check out the black kyurem ex that's out in Japan. It comes with an item that boosts its max HP to 300, and its attack does 150 for (W)(L)(L)(C), meaning it can take advantage of eelektric for energy acceleration. AND it's dragon type, so it isn't even weak to terrakion. Rayquaza needs to discard three energy to one-shot it with the 300HP item.
    That all sounds good in theory, but consider the following:
    -Crystal Wall is an ACE SPEC, which only 1 ACE SPEC can be present in a deck total. Unless you're going to run 4 Black Kyurem EX's, it's highly unlikely that you'll get this combo off.
    -Computer Search is a much better ACE SPEC
    -Dragon-types are commonplace among the Japanese meta, and with the Garchomp and Hydreigon hype we'll be seeing plenty of those decks floating around here as well.
    -Black Kyurem EX faces an even worse issue of setting up with Eels than Zekrom EX does since it needs 2 specific energy types whereas Zekrom has the ability to use DCE. And Zekrom EX is still terrible outside of being a late-game finisher.
    -Tool Scrapper still hits Crystal Wall

Back