• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fable 3

Are you going to buy Fable 3?

• Yes, I think it will be amazing.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Meh. Not sure.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Never been a fan of Fable, will not be buying it.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Will wait for reviews before buying.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
Years
  • Side-quests are not part of the main game, it's ridiculous to have the actual game only last six hours.

Well without spoiling the ending for everyone else, but if you want to finish the game the hard way then you have to do the side quests and other things.

Judging by both reviews and what people say, this game is a complete and total flop. :|

Which is a shame, really. The series seems so enchanting but the further they go, the more they seem to lose.

I wouldn't say its a total flop, some sites gave it an 8.5, some gave it lower, it really depends on what you thought of the first two and how you intend on playing. Srsly speeding through it in 6 hours is boring. Play it properly and its a lot more fun :)

What kind of things have they removed?

They removed the Expression wheel and added in some weird touch interaction thing where you don't get to choose your expressions, you just pick from 3 (1 good, 1 bad and 1 silly) that the comp chucks in for you.

Also they replaced the menu with a new thing called a sanctuary, the sanctuary is cool but there is no way to find out how many items you are holding on your person. The only way to find out is to go into battle and get hurt enough so that your potions appear on the D pad in the corner.

there were a few other things but I forget now :| I'll post if I can remember

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • You say play it properly but side quests are side quests. I expect a main story to take a good amount of time. Not last next to no time. I am doing it now on my gfs copy just so I can get achievements. might pick it up again when its cheap. But it isn't worth full price not by a long shot. On the standards of RPG games this is low in my opinion. First and 2nd one are better than this.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • You say play it properly but side quests are side quests. I expect a main story to take a good amount of time. Not last next to no time. I am doing it now on my gfs copy just so I can get achievements. might pick it up again when its cheap. But it isn't worth full price not by a long shot. On the standards of RPG games this is low in my opinion. First and 2nd one are better than this.

I count doing side quests and other things as playing properly, I count rushing through the storyline just playing it.

People don't whinge about Halo and CoD being 2 - 4 hours long storywise :S

and yeah, this should probably be a little longer but its hardly an RPG anymore, mostly just action adventure.

I think, if you enjoy making decisions (which count a whole lot more in this game) like hilarious English humor and a good combat system then this game is pretty good and you'd probably like it. Obv it has it's flaws but its not as **** and as 'fast' to play through as you're making it out to be.

I've been playing the game for a week and i haven't finished it yet because I am doing other things like collecting the 50 keys, 4 gold keys and the gnomes I guess i probably don't have as much time on my hands as you do but I've still managed to clock a good 10 hours on it so far (still not long i know but good enough)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Full time job, Baby, GF. I think I have even less time. You can do all that after the main story though. I have 9 hours on it. All main story done. Opened some demon doors and going work on keys now. Doubt it will take me 20 hours to complete all that. I know you can buy all the buildings and stuff. I mean its good the fixed the old time glitch from the last game so you can't disconnect from xbox live and just put your clock forward to get max money and repeat it but there are dupe glitches already that pretty much make up for that.

Also the fact you don't die you simply get knocked over annoys me. Dying in a game adds to the difficulty and as you simply just respawn in a boss fight it ruins the fun. You only need to use a strategy if yout going for the no knock down achievement which even the is easy all you do is roll around when you are low health till it replenishes.

And with COD it is more about multiplayer. Took me 7 hours to complete the game on veteran but the story for me is actually good.

There are far to many game breaking glitches in it for me aswell.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • Full time job, Baby, GF. I think I have even less time. You can do all that after the main story though. I have 9 hours on it. All main story done. Opened some demon doors and going work on keys now. Doubt it will take me 20 hours to complete all that. I know you can buy all the buildings and stuff. I mean its good the fixed the old time glitch from the last game so you can't disconnect from xbox live and just put your clock forward to get max money and repeat it but there are dupe glitches already that pretty much make up for that.

Also the fact you don't die you simply get knocked over annoys me. Dying in a game adds to the difficulty and as you simply just respawn in a boss fight it ruins the fun. You only need to use a strategy if yout going for the no knock down achievement which even the is easy all you do is roll around when you are low health till it replenishes.

And with COD it is more about multiplayer. Took me 7 hours to complete the game on veteran but the story for me is actually good.

There are far to many game breaking glitches in it for me aswell.

I don't have a baby but I do have a full time job, personal life and partner etc. but anyway thats not the point..

I haven't died yet so I didn't know that happened after you died, thats a bit dumb but isn't that how it went in fable 2 anyway?

I think the fact that you're still playing it even though you've finished it is a good sign it doesn't lack any fun after the main story has ended. I find if I didn't find a game enjoyable I can't be stuffed playing it again after the main story.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I'm only playing it really to get all the achievements. I don'y like not getting them all. The game is ok. I mean after abit more time it not the worst game I have played. It has less in it than fable 2. Personally but I had game of the year edition so I got all the DLC.

true you couldn't die in Fable 2.

I guess main reason it isn't one of my highest ranked games is because the main story is so short. Other than that the game is good. Won't knock the collecting stuff as that is enjoyable. Having to get all the legendary weapons as an achievement is probably the only one I won't do as I play on my own.

Years
  • Fable 3 wasn't bad, however, it wasn't amazing either. They really could've given the game much more substance than what it ended with.
    That's not to say I didn't enjoy it. There are some things I find annoying with the overall plot, though.

Spoiler:

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • yeah I just finished the game:

Spoiler:

I'll agree fable 3 should have had more in it and could have been longer but overall I thought it was enjoyable :O Like i don't regret spending money on it or anything but I did enjoy 2 better.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Wow, there's a lot of hate for Fable II and III here..I can honestly say I don't care for Fable I and that I like Fable II and III much more, especially now that the main hero seems more human by talking and they included subtitles.

Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
  • I really like Fable games & I have completed Fable III. I really like it but there are way too many bugs & glitches. :( Apart from that, it's quite a good game imo. :)

Back