• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fake Game Disposal

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2013
    Through a bad Ebay deal, I've managed to acquire 5 fake pokemon gen 3 games, I received a full refund without even having to return them, so, what shall I do with them? Entertain me.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • ~Nuke them in a microwave. And record it for Youtube.
    ~Or just thrown them in the trash.

Quite unfortunate to get fakes. Lucky you got a refund!
    I have a fake Firered, but I just keep it anyway, as a backup so I don't mess around with my main file on my legit copy.

Years
  • Darn it! I hate those fake carts. If I could, I would seriously kill the one who created all the fake carts. In my country, all the game stores are selling fake GBA cart. Hate it so much. For once, I would like to own just one original GBA cart especially Boktai or 3rd gen pokemon games.

Years
  • Do whatever you want with it. If I had those fake cartridges I'd smash them with a hammer until they don't resemble a game cartridge.

Years
  • I have a fake Emerald. Best bootleg I have ever seen in my life. Only way to spot it was the serial number on the chip itself. They got the cart color and label and everything correct.

I personally just keep it and try to enjoy playing it as much as possible. No way I would let anyone else get a hold of it though. I would say play them for a while, then it's hammertime!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It depends how fake they are. If they're playable (ie no save wipes, maybe can communicate with legit games too), and there's no change from the real thing bar bugs/messages about save battery or whatnot, why not play them? Could always use them for wacky challenge runs too, I suppose.

Back