• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fake News

Years
    I've recently run into an article regard Russian president Vladimir Putin's health, only to find out it's fake.

So I decided to change this topic a little and hope we can discuss this sort of thing.

Why do you think people write this?
    Have you ever believed a fake article?
    Do you find parody sites like The Onion entertaining?

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I will believe it when I see it, frankly. I suppose there is some evidence to say it is going to happen, but there is a world of difference between "sources say" and an actual announcement, and Putin has been in power for a very long time.

If he's going to groom his successor I can't imagine there will be much of a change in Russia's relationship with the rest of the world unfortunately, but whoever they are, they won't be Putin, so who knows. I'm not especially knowledgeable on the ins-and-outs of Russian politics!

Years
    You have a point. I've never known anyone with Parkinson's so I have no idea what it looks like, but he looks ok still so who knows?

We'll find out though, he'll be quick to rebuke it if untrue.

pkmin3033

Well, the Kremlin have denied it, but of course they would...that said, apparently this article originated from The Sun, which barely qualifies as a newspaper. So it could go either way? Putin leads a really healthy lifestyle and he's not quite 70, although I don't think that necessarily means anything when it comes to Parkinson's Disease, which we still don't seem to know very much about. I suppose they must have picked this up from somewhere, but at the same time, it IS The Sun...

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    It's fake news, the original source is Valery Solovei who has spread fake news about Putin's health problems before.

ThatStuff!!

Back in the sixth grade, I got them bad grades I w
    Years
    Before the Hellections of 2016 I'd never heard of fake news. Nowadays it means "something I don't like." Conservative memespeak usually. But now I know the term existed wayy before now. I heard it in a Public Enemy song from the late 80s

Back