• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Fakemon Oh Fakemon~ A CyBeastSaber's Tale

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
  • Last edited:

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    all of them are very pretty :)
    Illuseon- Ghost : cool
    Techneon- Steel : sooo cute
    Aerieleon-Flying : awesome

they will look nice if u could color them :P

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
  • I agree on the colouring thing. I nosed about your DA and your lineart is pretty darn awesome, I'd love to see it coloured, traditionally or digitally.

As for the fakemon, they're nice. I like the effect around the ghost-type one, and the detail on the face of the Steel one. I think the flying one is my favoruite becuase I like the style of the wings alot, and how the tail splits like an extra set of wings too, that design is interesting. :')

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • I agree on the colouring thing. I nosed about your DA and your lineart is pretty darn awesome, I'd love to see it coloured, traditionally or digitally.

As for the fakemon, they're nice. I like the effect around the ghost-type one, and the detail on the face of the Steel one. I think the flying one is my favoruite becuase I like the style of the wings alot, and how the tail splits like an extra set of wings too, that design is interesting. :')

:D Overall, I myself liked the Aerieleon and the other two were me just messing around. Anyways... New Fakemon added to the fray. I give us... Rageon! (Yeah I am lacking creativity in the name at the moment.)

Rageon The Dragonling

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, coolio Eevee evolve forms!

I really like your line art. I would love to see you color them, as other said already. =]

I would suggest to change your poses a little. They're all side views of the fakemons. What would be cool is to see a front and back view. I also would suggest to try experimenting on the poses a little. There's not a lot of expressions in their faces. o..o Not even mouths. Expressions give a little more life to your art. =] The fakemon look serious. =o Try opening their mouths and changing their expressions. Eyes, nose, cheeks, the whole face can easily show an emotion. If you have trouble showing emotions in drawings, take a mirror and make expressions. Watch what your face does to show that emotion. Then, once you understand that, try to apply that to your drawings. You can also watch other peoples' faces (TV, friends, anyone!).

Even though I really liked Illuseon, I'm going to be honest, it looks sorta like Flareon. XD With the tail and mane thing going on, it looks sorta just like a ghost type Flareon. I can understand the gas being part of the design (I would probably draw that, too xD), but I think there's other designs to draw to make it look like a ghost. Well, making it look like a ghost, you can also make it look dead. Sorta. XD Maybe instead of letting it have all the four legs, make let the front two legs stay, but give it a gas texture as a replacement for the two legs int he back. That could actually replace the tail as well! It could look very different from the original Eevee evolve forms, seeing all of them have 4 legs and a tail. =] It could be an original design for an Eevee form! For more ideas, you should check out other ghost type Pokemon designs. ^..^

Rageon is pretty cool, probably the only fakemon that was showing a little bit of expression. How the teeth is coming out of the mouth is a little weird. It looks more like a tongue than a tooth (Is it a tooth? I'm just assuming). I wouldn't give the outline of the tooth too much of a curve, it looks a little awkward. The wings are pretty epic, but the sizes are different. o..o One is small than the other wing. Was that on purpose? I think it would have a hard time flying. If it wasn't on purpose, I would make sure the wings are the same height and length. You don't need to use a ruler or anything, but if it helps, try to draw a light line over the wing, so it marks how high the other wing should be. Other than the wings, the front legs look a little weird. The one hiding behind the other is only showing the knee. I'm sure you can draw a foot or something behind the other leg.

Aerieleon is very cute and detailed here. =] Makes it look angelic. Is that what you based it off of? The wings are very detailed, but look more like hair than feathers. Lots of the flying Pokemon are based of birds, and they show the feather textures. Take a look at Pidgey, Taillow, and other bird-like Pokemon. There's lines that separate feathers from making it look like a flat, weird looking wing. Some Pokemon do get exceptions to not having a feather texture in the design of the wings. Example, Charizard doesn't have feather, but that's because it's suppose to look more like a dragon than a bird. Aerieleon still seems like a fox-like animal. If it was based of an angel, it would still have a feather-like texture to its wings. Lastly, I think the wings as tail is a little unnecessary and I think it's too much for the poor thing. I would suggest just add a wavy tail, or something less complicated than a wing or a pair of wings. ^..^;

Techneon is cool, a cyborg fox thing doesn't seem like a bad fakemon. I think you need to add more robotic features, though. That, or give it more of a metal or steel piece to it. Lots of steel Pokemon have a metal or steel like feature on them. Aggron is covered in steel, and it sorta looks like armor. Skarmory has wings that look more of a sharp edged cut of steel (the wings don't look like feathers because of the fact Skarmory is meant to be a steel type). Empoleon's wings and body basically look like its made of metal. xD The only part of Techneon that looks like metal or steel, is the armor on its head. Since it's side view, are you maybe hiding a robotic, fake eye? That could be a cool feature.

Overall, I think looking at references would help. To help with the expressions, textures, and thinking of cool ideas. I do think your work is pretty good, I would love to see more. =] I hope my crit helps a little, and I definitely didn't mean to sound harsh (if it does)! ^..^;

Back