• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fan of the Series since Red & Blue

Years
  • Hello, I'm Otter from California. 😄

After playing Pokemon Crystal for the first time back in 2002 I've became interested in Japanese culture and it influenced me to study the language and even travel to Japan.

Recently I started a YouTube series discussing the etymology of Pokemon names.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQB8gLH62IBnZdntOWNQ3qPP1bSSPdOUC

Currently I'm replaying the Japanese version of Heart Gold, and I'm also working on A Challenge Video of beating Fire Red with only Team Rocket Pokemon. Can't wait to see how that goes.

Let me break the ice by listing some of my favorite things from the series.

Top 3 Pokemon: Porygon, Haunter, and Totodile
    Favorite Eeveelution: Espeon
    Favorite Generation: Gen 4
    Favorite Region: Johto
    Favorite Gym Leader: Sabrina

How about you? Looking forward to meeting you all. 😀

Also Favorite Type: Ghost

Last edited by a moderator:

Josef

Currently playing Let's Go Pikachu
    Years
  • welcome otter from california!!

Top 3 Pokemon: bidoof, jigglypuff, gengar
    Favorite Eeveelution: vaporeon
    Favorite Generation: usually the gen I'm playing at the moment, which in this moment is gen 4
    Favorite Region: for continuity let's say sinnoh
    Favorite Gym Leader: brock

i also lived in japan for many years. i love the exclusives they have at each pokecenter!!

Years
  • Nice Favorites! Glad to see Bidoof getting some love!

Yeah they had so much amazing Pokemon merchandise in Japan. I was going to visit in July, but unfortunately I had to cancel my Trip this year.
    What part of Japan did you live in?

Josef

Currently playing Let's Go Pikachu
    Years
  • i lived in setagaya, tokyo and in uji, kyoto. both are amazing cities!

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    Welcome Otter!

California (Silicon Valley in particular) is probably my absolute dream destination.

I'm also working on A Challenge Video of beating Fire Red with only Team Rocket Pokemon.

Sounds fun! Fire Red is one of my favorite games, and the first I played (along with Sapphire). What do you mean by Team Rocket Pokémon though? The pokémon they (Rocket Grunts + Giovanni) have troughout the whole Fire Red adventure?

Top 3 Pokemon: Charizard, Rayquaza, Metagross
    Favorite Eeveelution: Umbreon
    Favorite Generation: Gen 3 (VERY close tie with 4, I might even change my mind after playing through the gen 4 games again)
    Favorite Region: Hoenn (close tie with Johto and Kalos)
    Favorite Gym Leader: Giovanni

Years
  • Very Cool! I visited The Kiyomizu Temple in Kyoto. Such a gorgeous city and the food was top notch. Tokyo was also amazing. Did you visit the Super Potato there?

@TacoTach
    Yeah you should come out to California it's a great state. Silicon Valley is a great area too. I know what you mean Gen 3 was so amazing. Especially Emerald Version. Yeah I'm waiting for my link cable to arrive so I can trade the Pokemon I need to do the Challenge. hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • It's the coolest place ever! it's a Retro Video Game store that has an amazing selection of games, as well systems, strategy guides, magazines, plush dolls, and even gashopon machines.
    My Girlfriend lives in walking distance form the Nagoya Store.

I actually have footage of it too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnypZWwwmeE

I spent so much money there. haha

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome! Gen 4 is also my favorite generation. I'm really hoping we are blessed with a remake soon. I've watched one of you videos and you have a great narration voice! Very interesting, I've never thought much about the different variations. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more! Enjoy your stay :D

Years
  • Hi Otter nice to meet you!
    That Team Rocket challenge sounds interesting and fun, make sure to drop us a link when it's finished so we can check it out! Totodile is a great choice for one of your favourite Pokemon, plus Espeon is my favourite Eeveelution as well!
    My 3 favourite Pokemon are -
    Absol
    Zorua
    Sneasel

Holding out we get a Gen 4 remake soon, check out our 'Previous Generations' section too if you ever wanna discuss that amazing gen :)

Years
  • Yes, me too! I'm hoping we can an announcement for Time Diamond and Space Pearl😄 hopefully from a Nintendo Direct over the summer!
    Aw thank you so much, I really appreciate you watching my videos. I just uploaded a new one this morning too.

Years
  • Absolutely I'll be streaming it on Twitch too so if you want to see the live recording of the footage here's where I'll be streaming , https://www.twitch.tv/8bit_otter

Thanks I always loved how energetic and playful Totadile is. Espeon for you too? That's what's up. Such a cool Pokemon.
    Your favorites are really cool! I see you are a fan of Dark Type Pokemon.
    Sinnoh will look so gorgeous on the Switch. Gamefreak needs to make it.

Years
  • Oooooh I had never thought of DP remakes coming to the Switch!! An interesting thought. ......want!! I'm playing DP on the DS now lol.

Years
  • It'd be the perfect time to release them. It also fits the pattern of having the remakes in a generation that is double its generation number.

Gen 4 we got a gen 2 remake
    Gen 6 we got a gen 3 remake
    Gen 8 Gen 4 would fit perfectly

Years
  • Espeon is absolutely adorable, though I think Flareon would be my favorite since it's so cute and fluffy ahaha. Welcome Otter! Glad you're enjoying your jp playthroughs :D

(Gah I'd love Sinnoh remakes, but I feel like they'll make the pokétch worse since it functioned so well on the dual screens of the DS.... which Switch doesn't have..)

Back