• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaait just a minute. Niko joined the forbidden green forum?!

I'm having trouble breathing right now. I really am. 'scuse me.

Oh, pardon my inactivity. ;;..I feel so useless since frosty and all those popular authors (Negrek, Yamato..erm..etc 8D;; ) keep this place alive.

*chokes*

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
    Hey, all...

I've been quite sick, so it's nice to be back... again...

Um... pairing... someone asked me once (it's sort of like a boyfriend/girlfriend thing, isn't it? Or it's supposed to be...), but I said no... I didn't even know him that well... I felt really, really bad; he was a nice kid but... I dunno... maybe I have someone else in mind? Whatev.

As for Niko joining SPPf... I'm happy. I don't have to go around telling the badfic authors they are awful and get extremely aggrivated alone o.o;;

blackrein

supreme ninja
    Years
    um this is not my first fanfic but for the peaple who think these storys are not good heres a warning this story includes guns blood and deaths just a warning it is called pokeriders after it's done i'll post my sequal pokeriders two destiney thanks

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    You could think of pair ups that way. Some of the one's I have at other forums are just friends though. Some of them are prolly better off as my twin.

Mmm yeah, as for telling off noobs at the forbidden forum . . . o.o Good luck with that one haha. There was a time were most of the popular authors over yonder were into reviewing. But then you're spirit kinda just . . . dies. Then you shrivel up like a prune.

Do you really want that? :P

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Well Blackrein plenty of Pokemon story has guns, blood and death. Actually, one of our mod is a pretty death-loving person, especially if it's the main character. The other one has a higher tendency to like some more romantic stories, though =P

lilbluecorsola

~¤Sea Priestess¤~
    Years
    Hey, um, hello, peoples... o.o;;;

Er, I've got a bit of a problem here. ^^; I have a One-Shot that's twelve pages long, and it's too many characters to post at this Forum. Any suggestions as to what I should do? =O

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
    Like, dude, I'm posting in the half-dead thread for funs. XD

frahstweavah said:
    Either way, I finished everything with the business I got related to an upcoming board game, and so I'll solely focus on writting my battle fanfic. After that and for this upcoming Thanksgiving Weekend, Frosty is going to be doing all fanfic related stuff.
    Su-wheet. XDXD
    Breezy said:
    In other news . . . Interesting PM about what's going on Niko. You? In the green forum with the odd fanfic writers there? Lyke, whoaomg, hell froze over. o.o
    I agree, big news, we'll be missing one of our favorite mods. XD Liek, there's something odd going on around here... XD
    LilyPichu said:
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaait just a minute. Niko joined the forbidden green forum?!

I'm having trouble breathing right now. I really am. 'scuse me.

Oh, pardon my inactivity. ;;..I feel so useless since frosty and all those popular authors (Negrek, Yamato..erm..etc 8D;; ) keep this place alive
    Niko+SPPF=loopy us. XD

You're not useless. If I remember the PM, you're going to be the only mod here! 8O Unless Niko decides to stick around. Unlikely, though. 8P
    Act said:
    Hey, all...

I've been quite sick, so it's nice to be back... again...

Um... pairing... someone asked me once (it's sort of like a boyfriend/girlfriend thing, isn't it? Or it's supposed to be...), but I said no... I didn't even know him that well... I felt really, really bad; he was a nice kid but... I dunno... maybe I have someone else in mind? Whatev.

As for Niko joining SPPf... I'm happy. I don't have to go around telling the badfic authors they are awful and get extremely aggrivated alone o.o;;
    Hmm, I think Negrek runs around there, too. XD

Hey, you've been sick?! Well, congrats on getting well, and nuts for the previous sickness. XP *gives awesome cookie of wellness*
    Breezy said:
    Mmm yeah, as for telling off noobs at the forbidden forum . . . o.o Good luck with that one haha. There was a time were most of the popular authors over yonder were into reviewing. But then you're spirit kinda just . . . dies. Then you shrivel up like a prune.
    And there are so MANY, it boggles the mind. XP I've given up reading any thread other than the ones I've had subscribed for forever. XP I pity the mods over there... XD
    lilbluecorsola said:
    Hey, um, hello, peoples... o.o;;;
    She's back. We must do something about that. XD Hiya, LBC, you might remember me from... Uh... Somewhere. XD
    blackrein said:
    I love writting pokemon storys
    AUGH! QUICK, HIT THE EDIT BUTTON BEFORE SOMEBODY SEES YOU! XD

Anyway, yeah, that's along the line of SPAM. However, since you're young and enthusiastic like us, we'll pass this one time. XD Just one line that does not introduce a new topic and doesn't reply to the current topic/s is SPAM. XD

Question: The development of your characters. When you first think of them. Do you stick them in right away with the hope that they're good enough, or do you spend more time musing upon them?

I kinda do both. Some characters I recognize as awesome right away, while others I stick on the back of my mind to dwell upon later, when I'm thinking about that kind of stuff.

?SilverBlaze09?

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
    Question: The development of your characters. When you first think of them. Do you stick them in right away with the hope that they're good enough, or do you spend more time musing upon them?

That's a tough one. Usually I just come up with a name, a reason for existence, and let the personalities make themselves. Having OCs that have kids is really difficult. It's so tempting to have them be exact clones of their parents. My characters are pretty real to me, so they all end up different, but my creative process is very, very odd.

If I don't like a character, I tend to forget they exist (not on purpose-- it just sort of happens). On the other hand, some characters who I personally dislike are fun to use. I get aggrivated by my own characters. Is that odd?

lilbluecorsola

~¤Sea Priestess¤~
    Years
    SilverBlaze09 said:
    She's back. We must do something about that. XD Hiya, LBC, you might remember me from... Uh... Somewhere. XD

Eh? 'Tis my first time posting in this thread, I'm sure. o.o;

To keep this from being a SPAMmy post, I shall reply to the current topic.

I rarely make up my own characters. I just try to develop on those already existing, mainly characters from the Anim?. So far I've only made up one character in my One-Shot series(I think), and that would be Amber, who just came to me at an oportune time, so I stuck her in to the story. I also have another character in mind who will appear eventually in a later story, but yeah, I have to spend some more time musing on her before I'm ready.

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    well, for the characters my brother originally made, he kinda had their role in the story already planned out for some part, but I have to try working on their characterization as they go on. As I've mentioned a few times before, I'm having quite a bit of trouble with having a set personality for Hiro. Based on my brother's original designs, all I knew about him was that he's related to the Kimono Sisters, he's accustomed to his life at his home, kinda attached to his family due to growing up with 5 elder sisters and no direct parents, and he's not interested in Pokemon journeying if it means leaving that life behind. He's gotta somehow end up loving Pokemon, and I've kinda been botching up on that transitional phase. I think I got a correct method for that planned for a future revision, but for now, I'm gonna try to finish the story with what I have. In the first version, Hiro's sisters were just kinda there, rather 2D characters who contribute nothing. As the first version went on, I tried giving more personality to them (somewhat based off of their Eievui evolution to keep it simple, for instance, Tamao being a conning flirt fits her Blacky, a dark-type), but in this version, I gave them, as well as their Pokemon, personalities off the bat, and as the story progresses, I intend to give them more of a role rather than just being the family that Hiro desperately wants to return to. Hiro's Pokemon, likewise, were a bit 2D, and well, pretty much everybody my brother originally had was 2D, but I worked with them without completely getting rid of them, most of them anyway.

As for my own, original characters, usually I'll think of a character I find to be pretty cool, try to think of what kinda role they could play in the story that's kinda suiting towards them, and only ditch them when I can't think of anything good. Other times, I'll think of interesting side-plots that could connect with the main story in a way, and come up with characters that suit it.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I really feel horrible now.

But I'm leaving, as you can see from my demodded state. Life's a whole grand turmoil.

Sorry, Niko. Sorry, authors. Sorry, frost. xx

Bye then!

Years

Now I'm all alone... geez...

But oh well... I've managed this forum by myself once and I'll manage it again by myself...

Anyways, Lily... I can always talk to you via MSN...

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006

Well, I'm actually working on a fic right now that I'm hoping will pull people in partially because of the characters and not just action. What I did was think about and mull in my mind some character traits that I thought were interesting. If I find that these characters would respond well (responding well meaning make a good story out of) a plot line i have, then I include 'em. If they'd be boring in the world of the plot (which usually comes first and often creates the characters anyway), I either trash 'em or change the plot. I don't know what I'm talking about. But, this'll save me......

*tagline?*

EDIT:

But oh well... I've managed this forum by myself once and I'll manage it again by myself...

Oh yeah, keep all 3 of us in line. Tough task.

I'm just kidding, I don't know what I'm talking about. If you need another mod, though, I'll do it.

Years
    Casual Billy said:
    Oh yeah, keep all 3 of us in line. Tough task.

I'm just kidding, I don't know what I'm talking about. If you need another mod, though, I'll do it.
    Meh... I've changed my mind about quitting... I look back and I forgot that I've already endured a corrupt admin before.

I was a bit arrogant and aggravated so pardon the PMs I sent to you guys.

And yeah. It's the return of those kinds of sigs. The Feelingshipping ones. Yeah. I thought I should be back to my old self again instead of being cynical and sarcastic.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Character development... I like to insert pretty much everything I think of, and then later I make it into something really complicated and plotty. Just kind of my style.

I've made slight fun of myself by saying that if I were writing a murder mystery, I'd first put in a bunch of suspicious characters and circumstances, and then when I'm halfway through the story I'd start trying to figure out the mystery myself. x3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back