• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    The only problem with listening to my Japanese music is that it's all so happy D:

And usually that doesn't fit my mood =/

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Really... I got most of my japanese/game songs being depressing/slow/"and the likes" o.o; Boa has a higher tendency to have "depressive" songs, or songs that are generally not the happiest ones out there. Try that, maybe?

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
    I listen to... um... normal people music...

I'm not even sure I'd know where to get Japanese music if I wanted it... not to imply that I don't...

Sure, Kats... xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    frostweaver said:
    Really... I got most of my japanese/game songs being depressing/slow/"and the likes" o.o; Boa has a higher tendency to have "depressive" songs, or songs that are generally not the happiest ones out there. Try that, maybe?
    Thanks...

...now do you think that it'd be morally wrong to LimeWire it? XD

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Act said:
    I listen to... um... normal people music...

I'm not even sure I'd know where to get Japanese music if I wanted it... not to imply that I don't...

Sure, Kats... xD

So what are you saying? That Japanese things are inhuman? That it's wrong to enjoy things in other languages? That's the kinda crap spewed by those anti-cultural 4kids bas****s.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Yamato-san said:
    So what are you saying? That Japanese things are inhuman? That it's wrong to enjoy things in other languages? That's the kinda crap spewed by those anti-cultural 4kids bas****s.

She means "that's only what geeks do," and that statement's accuracy is more than 100% true =P But think deeper about it. If you are writing *Pokemon* fanfics, then you must be a geek to begin with. So all in all, that statement is harmless for everyone here.

O

Your Mom
    Years
    I guess I'll discuss things here... And yea, this thread kinda died. Anyway, I plan on writing a Digimon Fic, based off the original Digimon 'V-Pets'. It's pretty much my own imagination because there was never a story off the V-Pets. *cough*storiesthatarearubyandsapphirenovelization*cough* It'll star 10 people (there were 5 Versions of the original V-Pet, each with 2 rookies.) So yea. Good luck with me.

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Geeks own though. So it's all good.
    ...now do you think that it'd be morally wrong to LimeWire it? XD
    Yes. I lost my soul to it. ;-;

I want my soul back dammit.

I'm sorry, I have no clue wtf you guys are talking about haha. I'm too lazy to skim the million and twenty seven pages that I missed in a week in a half so I only replied to the ones on this page.

Tee hee.

Er, I'm guessing Lileh be gone if she no be a mod no more. Not that makes any sense whatsoever or anything... ;-;

Let's run around and give Niko a hard time now na? ;)

On another note, I feel old. ;-; I don't like being sixteen.

Random Edit note of doooom: I'm sucha cry baby lol. All my pretty smileys are pretty little ";-;"

*emo* X)

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years

Because that wasn't rude.

She means "that's only what geeks do," and that statement's accuracy is more than 100% true =P But think deeper about it. If you are writing *Pokemon* fanfics, then you must be a geek to begin with. So all in all, that statement is harmless for everyone here.

I was joking... Jeebus.

Yess... I am the queen of teh closet geeks. <33 my pokemon xD But I'm totally lost when people start hard-core talking about their anime and all those fancy japanese words and j-pop bands... :shrug: I'm an in-between that's sort of awkward.

I like... U2, Switchfoot, Matchbox Twenty, Collecive Soul, Maroon 5... nothing too exciting. :shrugagain: Average stuff, you know? Go be offended it it suits you... if you're going to run around being insecure, fine... I'm not putting down anyone. Believe me, I deal with that 'you dork' crap a lot. You just have to tease yourself sometimes, or you really won't get anywhere in life.

My friends and I are all dorks. We take it as a complement. We love it ;)

Hmmm... *bored* We need a new topic here... or a Frosty review... or something...

True dat.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
    My friends and I are all dorks. We take it as a complement. We love it ;)
    My math teacher was talking about how everyone in his class is a geek, whether they'd like to admit it or not. Of course everybody denied it, but then later in the hour we got into a huge debate over whether it was even possible to have a number that goes 0.9(repeating nigh-infinitely)...8. And whether that number would equal one or not.

And thus were the nay-sayers proven wrong.

Meh, geeks, dorks, and nerds are the bomb. Personally, I think they're the most interesting people. I hang out with them.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Dragonfree said:
    a Frosty review...

How about a deal? You do my chem lab, social study essay, math homework, chinese essay+ recited dictation, work + tutoring others and biology questions, and I do your review within the same night. So how about it?

It's completely long, lengthy and exhausting to work on fanfic battle... (Yes I haven't quitted that yet, even though the thread is on page 2864 by now). It's hard to think of original ideas of how to make the trainers beat one another through creative manners... don't forget descriptions which lengthens everything by 10...

If the number ends with a 8, then it's not infinite to begin with. It can't equal one, because you have a definite number (not an irrational number.) Really, of course your class can't think of a number like that, simply because your own restriction in the question contradicts with the answer that you are trying to look for ;p

DO NOT CALL YOURSELF A D**k. ;o;

Really, before you use that word. Look it up... you don't know what you are saying about yourself...

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Nerds rock. There's this nerd store downtown which I was just discovering a little while ago. It's heaven. Probably the only place in Iceland that sells anim?, too. I'd have bought that Pok?mon Chronicles DVD if I hadn't already watched the Raikou Special in Japanese with subtitles.

Negrek

Years
    If the number ends with a 8, then it's not infinite to begin with. It can't equal one, because you have a definite number (not an irrational number.) Really, of course your class can't think of a number like that, simply because your own restriction in the question contradicts with the answer that you are trying to look for ;p

DO NOT CALL YOURSELF A D**k. ;o;
    To be more clear, it was 9 to the infinite - 1 times, then an eight. In the end, our teacher told us to shut up because it would be one anyway. *shrug*

Oh, I was using the (slightly less) insulting meaning for dork. I know where it came from, but meh, nobody who uses it nowadays has any clue anyway.

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Actually, the derivations of the word "nerd" really aren't so bad.

Dictionary.com said:
    Word History: The word nerd, undefined but illustrated, first appeared in 1950 in Dr. Seuss's If I Ran the Zoo: ?And then, just to show them, I'll sail to Ka-Troo And Bring Back an It-Kutch a Preep and a Proo A Nerkle a Nerd and a Seersucker, too!? (The nerd is a small humanoid creature looking comically angry, like a thin, cross Chester A. Arthur.)

Don't know where you got the idea that it's from the same place as "dork".

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
    AH, now I see. Poor wording on the part of m-w.com... they made it sound as if 'nerd' was a derivitive of 'dork' as opposed to a synonym. I'm good now xD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Negrek said:
    To be more clear, it was 9 to the infinite - 1 times, then an eight. In the end, our teacher told us to shut up because it would be one anyway. *shrug*

9^(-1) = 1/9 {or 0.1, with 1 to the infinite)

(1/9)^(-1) = 9 {repeat cycle of flipping this newly acquired number to the power of negative 1 again}

so what's the point of 9 to the infinite -1 times? XD

Geek is the only word out of all the words which suggest the same meaning in today's context that isn't actually invented by an author. Its old meaning is long forgotton by those who use it, and the "real geeks" have no idea that they are actual geeks at all. In fact, real geeks are 95% "not a geek" because their profession as a "geek" will never give them the time to go on animeathons and crack their computer open for the pure joy of putting it back together again. I mean, why would they do that when they have to face the deadly lions everyday =D

Gah social study essay on Friday ;_; I haven't even made up my mind about what to do yet... stupid democracy >>;

Last edited:

Negrek

Years
    Mmm, poor phrasing on my part. Not 0.9^(-1) but a zero followed by an infinite number of nines, then an eight. So not -1 times but one less than an infinite number of times, the final digit being replaced by an eight.

The main point was that it would be infinitely close to 0.9 repeating, which is 1, but not exactly the same, and would the last digit be enough to stop it from being 1 or just look pretty?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back