• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
  • Lol wut? Montezuma's Revenge? I think that just made my day. Sometimes I think I love you, Xanthine.

Hey, it affects roughly 40% of travelers to Mexico. *sage nod*

Seriously... *bows* Only sometimes?

What is the most completely random title you have ever given to a fic? For what reason did you title your fic this?

The most clever title I've come up with is probably "So the World Turned to Ash," which fits the story in that it's a play on the prophecy of the second movie (just as much as the premise itself is).

The most amusing, however, is probably "Selling Everything"... considering it's a euphemism for prostitution.

Then, there was the Evangelion fic I titled "Free Show(!)," which rather explains itself.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • What is the most completely random title you have ever given to a fic? For what reason did you title your fic this?

I guess R-9WM "Mastermind". It's got a designation number at the beginning, which is pretty weird.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I refrain from making any suggestions involving Brock, tequila, a lovely señorita, Montezuma's revenge, and Mexican prisons.
    What's Montezuma's Revenge?

Have you ever used a real world product in one of your fics? Ex: Brand of soda or gum.
    Do Nintendo products (as in my world, Nintendo is a gaming branch of Silph) count?

A new topic?
    What's the climate like in your fanfiction world of Pokemon?
    Yeah. To me, Sinnoh is similar to America. Cold up the top, where it snows almost year round. Kanto and Johto are probably where the US is right now, maybe a little lower, and Hoenn is Australia's climate. No snow. :P

Holy cow, my cursor is moving up the screen but my mouse isn't! :O

Oh, and what's "Free Show" meaning...? -sigh-

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Sometimes as in whenever I am on this forum, which is pretty often XD

Oh, that's okay then. XD

Oh my, this is turning into quite a good day already. Too bad work is going to ruin that >.<

Yeah, it's just a shame that the fic itself sucked. Otherwise, I'd totally post it on Other Writing. (Perhaps a revision is in order.)

What's Montezuma's Revenge?

Something extremely pleasant.

Despite the fact that I equate Kanto and the other canon regions of the main games (i.e., my fanfiction world) to Japan, I just equate it to climates I'm familiar with. Hoenn ends up being a little tropical (a la Florida). Johto and Kanto are temperate (a la Northeast/Mid-Atlantic). Sinnoh is a bit colder in some areas, but it's not overly cold all year long (a la New England).

Oh, and what's "Free Show" meaning...? -sigh-

A free showing. (I'll let you fill in the blank as to what a showing might be.)

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • What's the climate like in your fanfiction world of Pokemon?
    I've never really shown difference in climate between any of the regions, mostly since nearly all of my fics take place in Kanto and the ones that don't take place in the real world. Also, none of my active fictions have progressed far enough for the weather to change too much, so who knows how I will mess with the climate? Not even I know yet... I do have ideas though.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • What's the climate like in your fanfiction world of Pokemon?

Cold, at least for the time being. I have the typical snowy fall to sunny summer cycle, except in certain areas like deserts and high mountains.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • OMG My return?

DarkPersian479 is dead. I am the replacement, Elite Overlord LeSabre.

The long story:
    Spoiler:

The short story:
    I believe that sufficient time has passed where I can safely post here again. Plus, the current topic is too juicy for me to ignore. However, don't expect further updates to my fic, or any new "serious" fics. But crackfics parodying SNL's old "Celebrity Jeopardy" skits may still be fair game. W00t for low-brow, immature humor XD

Anyway, to answer questions:
    Have you ever used a real world product in one of your fics? Ex: Brand of soda or gum.
    A partial list, mostly from memory:
    Spoiler:

Mostly moderate, equal to the climate of Upstate South Carolina. Cool winters, but with very little snow (in fact, no snow at all during the events of my fic), relatively warm summers. As a caveat, mine takes place between October and January except for the final two "timeskip" chapters.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Yes, brains are quite often the source of much unneeded realizations that sometimes make you go "ugh" and other times make you go "HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!" Like this here...
    With that, my brain just went "Lolwut?" and shut down. It's back again, but...yeah.

I still haven't actually thought properly about "Free Show".
    ...Why'd I bring it up again...?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • ...Is he going to turn out okay being around us?
    What'cha mean by that? If it's...what I think it is, then I'm already partially like that, and not because of you guys. Otherwise, nope. :pirate:

OMG I JUST FINISHED READING ENDER'S GAME AND CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!!!!!! NEED... MORE... ENDER... *Dies*
    Oh no, looks like another Ender fangirl. Oh well. Another mental casualty completely not my fault that I have to deal with.

I suddenly realise how weird it is to hang around you guys. Maybe I WON'T be okay after all.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • OMG I JUST FINISHED READING ENDER'S GAME AND CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!!!!!! NEED... MORE... ENDER... *Dies*

Try Ender's Shadow, the same story from the POV of a different character, and you'll have more Ender for at least a little while. xD

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • How much do you actually read other people's fanfiction?

A lot, usualy the ones on the first page that have not had many posts, once in a while you find one that is good. Sorry folks, I don't fell like reading thirty pages or more.

. That "beyond eye" meaning that usually runs through Mexicans just came to me.
    WTH are you talking about? o.O

For my fic, I am not going to say that it is in a cretin region, but I will mention some cities form different regions, but warm and wet in summer, COLD and wet in winter.

What'cha mean by that? If it's...what I think it is, then I'm already partially like that, and not because of you guys. Otherwise, nope. :pirate:

I suddenly realise how weird it is to hang around you guys. Maybe I WON'T be okay after all.

Only time will tell, good luck. :D

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Not much, sadly. I'm pretty much following one or two fics right now, with plans to read a whole bunch of others that I never seem to get around to. (I have been following others, but they've died or I've fallen behind on them.) And a while ago I randomly went and read the entirety of Xanthic Growlithe Contract after seeing it recommended for the umpteenth time when I was in a reading mood.

I wish I did read more, because I'd really like to be able to consider myself generally aware of fanfiction clichés and such not just from reading some parodies and having gotten the basic gist of the plot in some 'famous' fic. :/

The Quest for the Legends has Coke and Pepsi. :o This would be because the cultures of the original Pokémon world and our world (the 'animal world') merged (in the reasonably near future of our world) when a portal between them was opened. And things like coke don't just die, so it's still around by the time the fic happens.

Uh, just pretty comfortably warm in the summer, cold with some snow in the winter. Pokémon training is a summer-based activity (they set off in the spring and the League is in August) so that the kids won't really encounter the bad weather.

Bay

Years
    Quite a lot. XD

Not really. Either I make up a Pokemonised one or just say "soda."

I mostly go by the games. In routes where it's rainy, in the story that route would be rainy. On the other hand, there were places I have the weather be cloudly for some reason. ^^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back