• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well, you see, this Christmas Carol Crackfic (the CCC, or triple c)...

...err. Umm. Oh wait, I have the perfect word.

INSANITY. =D

Now. Less questions, more joining in. ;P Honestly idk myself but heck why not? It's the end of the year after all.

Bay

Years
    I think in the original Christmas Carol, Scrooge is a banker because he's making a lot of money and his work is his life, or it is assumed. To go more specific, he's probably an investment banker since those people in that position are like that too. An accountant just records the financial earnings, which Scrooge's assistant/partner could be. I know these things because I'm a Business Adminstration major. XD

I would go for Scrooge as head of a fanfiction writing company, actually. Should bring a lot of 4th wall breaking of fanfiction overall. :P Also, YES on self-inserts of us because we all think the real world sucks and get away from it. Don't get the McGolduck/McPsyduck part unless we'll have Goldduck/Psyduck as Scrooge...O.o

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Wait, we go from talking about hotels to a Christmas Carol crackfic?

Don't know if I'll have enough time to actually participate, but I can offer suggestions:

The Ghost of Christmas Future should have a Buick (preferably a LeSabre or Century). Because he/she is from the future.

And Scrooge should currently be running a Madoff-like Ponzi scheme, realize the error of his ways, and confess to the SEC. Because everyone knows Christmas and fraudulent schemes go hand in hand.

Instead of a self-insert of me, how about a self insert of Lisa from my fics?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I vote for a fourth-wall breaking narration style as well because it's fun. Or we all just switch narration styles if someone rather do a different way to add to the insanity? The previous writer/narrator leaves in a 4th-wall breaking style only for the next person to continue all serious-type and without breaking the fourth wall. =/

But again it depends on how we write it - each person geets a part, or each person writes a line/some lines of dialogue/a paragraph or two and then switches to the next writer (more favourable if we have a lot of writers, so we'll have to wait at any rate to see how many are in).

Scrooge Psyduck (or Golduck? eh, Psyduck are more fun) sounds good... who owns a...? (accounting service? fanfic writing business? team galactic...after Cyrus went off into the torn world? OR all three?)

Scrooge McPsyduck

Haha yeah we should go with that, any objections?

Brock does make sense to be the coworker, as he does have a few siblings, one of which could be Tiny Tim-like.

The person who is writing the part could come up with Scrooge's own now dead co worker.

Lol... It'll be funny if Scrooge Mcpsyduck can't have much to say. XD

Also breaking the fourth wall is a good idea, especially for the introduction of multiple writers, like lets say someone is done writing their portion (in a narrator's box or something, and they mention taking a drink of water from talking to much, when suddenly someone else starts writing, wherein they take over the other person, to kick them out of the narrator's box and continue from there).

Bob can make the initial post, and perhaps Mizan can start us off? (lets try to start this off today! :D)

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    I'd pitch in, but I'd probably end up taking it too seriously. I'm not good at crack!fic. xD

I am excited to see the result, though.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    But what is someone makes a modern adaptation with Buicks? But heck, we should all totally make a crack 'Christmas Carol' story with a man who stays in a Quality Inn and is visited by three ghosts - a magikarp, a sentret with a flamethrower and an exploding charizard with his own Buick - to help him become a better man/fanfic writer. Y/Y ;P
    I am actually in the process of writing a never-to-be-posted parody of A Christmas Carol involving a very Scrroge-ish character with some... major differences. (Such as about forty years' age difference and a fondness for screaming very, very loudly. But the short temper and general creepiness factor still remains.) Though I'd like to sign up for this epic undertaking too?

Marley needs to be a Rapidash/Ponyta. Remember, he has a ponytail. Ponyta = ponytail?

I would say have Cyrus as the scrooge.
    We need to do this. We. NEED. TO.

...I'd be willing to write his lines if we do? :D [prods Metal Coat]

Also, I has new question:

When writing in first person, should the way of writing reflect the character's personality exactly?

I don't mean just being general (like, giving a dark and moody tone to an optimist's narration) but making it seem like the character is genuinely reciting the events to someone in their own voice? The reason I ask this is because I am right now planning a story which may or may not have three different narrators, and naturally all of them need to have distinctive voices since I will probably be switching at least once per chapter.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Join up anyways, Lana. and Elite Overlord LeSabre™, even if you don't think you'll do well/have much time. You'll be fine. DOITDOITDOIT =P Although below I may have a solution for time-problems?

So far then...

SIGN UP (for christmas carol crackfic; would like minimum 3 people if not a lot more)

- bobandbill
    - Feign
    - Bay Alexison
    - Mizan de la Plume Kuro
    - patch.
    - F.F. Giratina

I'm actually thinking that maybe we should go without any real order (besides me starting if I'm still making the thread when more come? =/) but just have people write a few lines/paragraphs before waiting for someone - anyone - to join in and continue it and etc (so noone ends up writing the whole thing). That'd mean that people who won't have much time for this could still add in something whenever it suits them even if it'd only end up being a few lines (few lines >>> nothing), and we won't have to wait for a specific person to write something to continue as well... yay or nay to this?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    That sounds good, but for us to make such a huge collaboration in free-opportunity-for-all style like you described there just needs to be a method of universal communication. Otherwise, some people will contribute such-and-such a paragraph and then the next person will say, "Oh, no, that's not what we described/I have a better idea that doesn't connect well with that/that's just really Mewing stupid/etc" and there will be all sorts of continuity errors.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Maybe discussion in the thread as well? =/ Or going along with the self-insert idea for narrations we could have arguments-for-fun inside the story on what should happen (new narrator: what? scrooge is totally a psyduck! Scrooge: No I'm not! I'm Cyrus... I think). That and/or we just say 'meh' to continuity and lampshade such continuity errors as we go...

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Yes.

Well, the whole Psyduck thing came from the (remarkably bad) Disney cartoon (I think, looking back), and Cyrus... well, I'm not sure where he came from, considering he's more of a stoic than a spiteful old jerk. Anyway, I do like Val's idea, too. How about if everyone participating inserted a self-insert (mine would be Giratina, naturally) into a sort of Greek Chorus for the story, where they all comment on just how hard such-and-such failed at portraying a canon ("Excuse me? I see an exclamation point at the end of that sentence! Didn't you read the Bulbapedia entry?!?" or somesuch) or just how stupid this is in general. (Also, I read a play version of the story too, and Marley = narrator worked wonderfully well there. )

...Actually, come to think of it, Zero would be better for that. He would find plenty of things to complain about.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Narrator arguments sound great. xDD

I'll bite, then I suppose; I like the idea of just a few lines or so, though. That way everyone could just pop in when they felt like it. =P

And the Disney cartoon is going to be the only thing I go on, you know, because that's all I've seen. x3 *has not read the book*

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I've seen the bad Disney cartoon, read the original work, and watched at least three different versions of movie in varying degrees of quality (highest on this scale being the most current one with Jim Carrey, Jim Carrey, and Jim Carrey). So yeah, going off of the cartoon is not the wisest choice, and I guess you could find one of the movies somewhere on the interwebs, but... yeah. It's not the most accurate portrayal.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Hm. Well, I'll think of something. Maybe having one bad portrayal to throw the story (and other narrators) off could prove to be funny.

... Or not. *shrug* xD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    So we're having many Scrooges? It'd work, because it was a crackfic too. XD

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Right now, there's only two potential Scrooges [Scrooge McPsyduck and Magneton Man Cyrus], so we're still not sure where the role of Scrooge falls on that account. Though I don't know if having more than one Scrooge would be a particularly good idea, considering that Scrooge is sort of meant to be a loner of his own accord. And two would just be... awkward. They'd have exactly the same personalities (or lack thereof) and would say the same thing and... yeah.

Okay, someone needs to make a thread for this now!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    When all else fails, there's wikipedia! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Christmas_Carol Plot summery included there.

So far as well...
    - Scrooge = random man/cyrus/Scrooge McPsy-Golduck? Maybe multiple (due to time distortions from travelling back in time and all?)
    - whoever Scrooge is, he owns a fanfic writing business/banker as well/whatever you want to add in while writing. =P
    - writing style - looks like will involve all of us writers having self-inserts as narrators who break the 4th wall who keep changing the story and having arguments with what should happen.
    - no real order with who writes what, just take turns whenever you have time to make a paragraph or few
    - fic = madness within it, whee

EDIT: FINE WHATEVER I'll make the thread within the next halfhour or so unless something kills me. =D

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    To point out too, if there is no real order, perhaps people can make a note that they are writing a bit of the next part, so people don't exactly overlap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back