• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Years
  • What do you mean?

A place to post it... there's always the Pit and it's OF counterpart, fictionpress.com.

EDIT:

You edited it!

Uh, hm. I'd google.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I didn't really mean start D: I was distracted at the time of writing that >>;

Guess I will just have to Google ._.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    No one really answered, but I still want to know! Are there any references/allusions that you put in your fic that you thought were particularly clever and are proud of?

Yeah, and how 'bout my sig, eh?

*tagline?*

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • Casual Billy said:
    No one really answered, but I still want to know! Are there any references/allusions that you put in your fic that you thought were particularly clever and are proud of?
    I can pretty much say that for almost all my fics that I don't get sick of two months after I think them up...

Unfortunately, Hoenn Mirror World is pretty much the only one that holds that aforementioned title (anything before the version 1 isn't worth it after looking back).

Meow! >^..^<

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • Casual Billy said:
    Well, The Quest for the Legends has a MAJOR foreshadow in chapter 25 that you'll only understand if you look quite a bit below the surface - which, to my knowledge, nobody has done yet. I guess I'm rather proud of that...

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
  • No one really answered, but I still want to know! Are there any references/allusions that you put in your fic that you thought were particularly clever and are proud of?

Huh, IMO, the key to being funny is to not laugh at yourself.

I can't think of anything of mine I particularly enjoyed off the top of my head. I don't have the greatest opinion of my writing; I think it's pretty sub-par, not necessarily for someone my age, but in general.

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Act said:
    Huh, IMO, the key to being funny is to not laugh at yourself.

I don't know. In chapter 16 of PMC, I was laughing my head off as I thought up and wrote down Hiro's reaction near the end, and quite a few people have thus far commented on the hilarity of the scene.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
  • I don't know. In chapter 16 of PMC, I was laughing my head off as I thought up and wrote down Hiro's reaction near the end, and quite a few people have thus far commented on the hilarity of the scene.

Well, it's one thing to think you're funny, another to run around preaching it. As someone who watches a lot of standup, I think comedians who laugh at themselves can get a little annoying, and there's a lot of humor added to an act when everyone has a good composure and a straight face. ::shrug::

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
  • I like to laugh at how bad some of the old stuff I've written is...

Though I can't deny giggling a little bit when typing up some parts of Here We Go Again. Most of the jokes I think up don't make it in, though.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
  • Heh, my sue parody attempts do make me giggle sometimes. I just pray that other people think the same so I don't feel stupid.

Uh... new topic... Hmm...

If you could add a song to parts your current fics, like a movie, what would they be?

Negrek

Years
  • Do you mean like in the background or songfic-style? I've never been fond of songfics; I don't think that I'd do that.

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Definitely almost anything by TobyMac for the action scenes, most of Enya's stuff for the quieter scenes. And for the funny scenes, let's just say 'Silly Songs with Larry' and leave it alone. XD

SilverBlaze09

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • Act said:
    Heh, my sue parody attempts do make me giggle sometimes. I just pray that other people think the same so I don't feel stupid.

Uh... new topic... Hmm...

If you could add a song to parts your current fics, like a movie, what would they be?

an LJ entry of mine said:
    Okay. It's official. I'm a nutcase.
    This is totally out of boredom. A list contaning of the Gym Leaders/Mirror Elders and which pieces of Kirby level music suits them. Go me. :-P

Norman
    Moonlight Mansion (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)/Carrot Castle (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)
    Yogurt Yard (Kirby Adventure/Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland)/Red Canyon (Kirby's Dreamland 2)/Growth Grasses (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Shiver Star Factory (Kirby 64)/Mad Mechanism (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Halbred, first part (Kirby Super Star)
    Do NOT ask me why I thought of Yogurt Yard for Norman.

Brawly
    Cabbage Cavern (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)/Yogurt Yard Forest (Kirby Adventure/Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland)/Canvas Canyon (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Rift Ruin (Kirby Canvas Curse)/Cavios (Kirby Super Star)
    Eh... this is all I could do for the so called "big wave". *nervous laugh*

Flannery
    Mustard Mountain (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)
    Volcano level (Kirby 64)/Volatile Volcano (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Sand Canyon level 5 (Kirby's Dreamland 3)
    Begin Treasure Hunting (Kirby Super Star)
    Not a lot of fire levels in Kirby...

Wattson
    Castle Lololo (Kirby's Dreamland)/Mag Mount (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Moonlight Mansion (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)/Carrot Castle (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)
    Butter Buildings (Kirby's Adventure)/Silent Seabed (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    I think I made some good choices here. Castle Lololo is perfect for his... eccentricness (or at least I've got that impression after reading a PokeSpecial manga summary). :-P

Wallace/Juan
    Olive Ocean (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)
    Ice Cream Island (Kirby Adventure/Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland)/Pallete Polis (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Orange Ocean (Kirby Adventure/Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland)/Dungeon Dome (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Float Islands (Kirby's Dreamland)/Ripple Island (Kirby's Dreamland 2)
    Aqua Star, level 1 (Kirby 64)
    I don't care if a bunch of Wallace and Juan fans flame me for this one. I think these tunes suit them just fine.

Winona
    Peppermint Palace (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)
    Grape Garden (Kirby Adventure/Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland)/Contrast Cave (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Bubbly Clouds (Kirby's Dreamland)/Tiny Town (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Grassland, level 1 (Kirby's Dreamland 3)/Ravine Road (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Butter Buildings (Kirby's Adventure)/Silent Seabed (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Cloudy Park (Kirby's Dreamland 2)
    Big Forest (Kirby's Dreamland 2)
    I have nothing to say except that it's weird that the Gym Leader that makes me chicken out ended up getting almost all my favorite tunes.

Roxanne
    Radish Ruins (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)
    Collapse Castle (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Rock Star, ruins level (Kirby 64)
    Yes, Collapse Castle is a remix of Float Islands, but it's so weird sounding that I had to separate it. Still, it's an automatic favorite along with Butter Buildings.

Tate and Liza
    Candy Constellation (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)
    Rainbow Resort (Kirby Adventure/Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland)/Frozen Fantasy (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Alien Ship (Kirby 64)/Dreamy Darkness (Kirby Canvas Curse)
    Not much, huh?

I may change these lists, but for now, enjoy laughing at my boredom.
    An incomplete list, of course.
    Here's part two of that entry, for those who are interested.

Other than the above, I use a variety of music, mostly from other anime series (including the Japanese version of Pokemon).

Meow! >^..^<

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • If you listen to a piece of music that suggests a similar mood to what you are trying to write in the story, then it is a good piece of music to listen to. For some reason, it is even better for me if there is no lyrics, or lyrics that I can't understand.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
  • If you listen to a piece of music that suggests a similar mood to what you are trying to write in the story, then it is a good piece of music to listen to. For some reason, it is even better for me if there is no lyrics, or lyrics that I can't understand.

Yeah, it's ridculous how much what I'm listening effects what I'm writing. If I'm trying to write somethng sad, I have to listen to certain songs ('Daisy' by Switchfoot, anyone?). And certain songs will immediately associte themselves with parts of fics in my head, so... yeah, it's weird.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    frostweaver said:
    If you listen to a piece of music that suggests a similar mood to what you are trying to write in the story, then it is a good piece of music to listen to. For some reason, it is even better for me if there is no lyrics, or lyrics that I can't understand.
    I listen to Japanese songs ^^;

ACT...=O Can you add me to your friends list?

Negrek

Years
  • Ah, yeah. I like songs without words, too, for most stuff... I think Lord of the Rings music is good for dark or brooding scenes, and Pirates of the Caribbean is great for adventurous stuff. When I'm doing action, I'll usually throw one of my brother's random rock CD's in the computer and listen to that.

There's really no song in particular that I would use as, like, a theme song or anything, really. Although for Clouded Sky the Linkin Park song "Rnw@y" seems creepily appropriate... except for, like the whole second half of it.

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Like Katsuro, pretty much all my songs are Japanese. Anything from an anime or Japanese game soundtrack, that's about all I listen to. Sure, there're several lyricless BGMs, an occasional song in English (the English ones I listen to most are probably from .hack, or maybe Sonic the Hedgehog), even a few songs in other languages (the German versions of some Digimon songs really kick a**), but I'd still say at least a good 85% of all I listen to has Japanese lyrics.

I too find inspiration in the music I listen to, and I constantly picture them played over scenes in my storylines that I find fitting. Like Frostweaver, it does kinda help certain scenes to not have lyrics. However, lyrical music does make some parts seem all the more special and epic and such (I really like it when lyrics play in the background outside of an opening or ending). I don't understand most of the lyrics either, but there are several lyrics that I do understand, and as I learn more and more Japanese, that number increases. In any case, even when I understand the lyrics, they seem kinda fitting towards a scene anyway. Something nice about anime is that they're not usually like American cartoons, in which theme songs work for that show only because the lyrics repeat the show's title or characters' names over and over again. No, most anime is more like our American movies, in which they get their own soundtrack with songs full of meaningful lyrics that don't specifically mention things exclusive to that specific movie/anime only, and thus could actually fit towards other mediums or even a real life scenario.... hell, in some cases, the song was part of an original album long before it even became involved in an anime or movie. But yeah, lyrics or no lyrics, in any case, the tune of the song itself is what seems to matter most.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back