• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Fatal artwork

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    Welcome to my gallery. I mainly do digital work including signatures and avatars but do sketches on occasion. cnc is greatly appreciated.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    thank you. yah i havnt died just been busy. Im planning on doing some sketches tomorrow and will post them up here with maybe another sig.

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    I've been playing alot of forza 6 lately so made a forza sig. going to work on some drawings later and will post them

Fatal artwork

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    ok first drawing in a while, let me know what you guys think. My scanner quit on me so had to take a pic with my phone.
    Spoiler:

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Hey Fatal, you've got a nice gallery here :-]

I like the way you use C4Ds, and while a lot of your pieces have a monocolor scheme, they don't feel flat. It's really important to make the image dynamic when making monotone graphics, and you pull this off. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
    Fatal artwork

This tag is entirely green, but instead of looking boring due to the lack of color variety, it's interesting because of the very nice contrast and lighting. It's quite balanced imo, and the final outcome is cohesive. It's always important to "blend" the top image in with the background in whatever way possible, and I see that in your works.

Moving on, it seems to me that you're experimenting a bit more with effects. This is great, and you should keep on doing that. Personally, I believe the best way to get better is to try a lot of techniques, so in the end you become more flexible. I would totally encourage anyone to expand their borders, and I'm getting some of that from your latest tag (the one featuring a car).

Good points aside, I have some nitpicks. First off, borders don't always add something to a piece. I can tell that you're pretty fond of them, but in some tags they're not necessary.
    Fatal artwork

Fatal artwork

In the first graphic, the uneven border honestly throws me off. It doesn't feel right, for a lack of a better explanation. I'd say it even makes everything look unequal. I bet the signature would've looked totally fine without it.
    As for the second graphic, the border is a solid green color that is too eye-catching compared to everything else. My eye was first drawn to it instead of what my eyes should have been drawn to (the person). For that tag, top and bottom borders probably would've worked better, along with a slimmer but longer canvas size.

Also, I've noticed that your signatures are all center-cropped. There are no exceptions to this, unfortunately. So you should really experiment with other crops. If you stick to the same placement all the time, the overall look or first impression of your works all together will not be as impactful as it could be.
    I know center crops are best for adding multiple effects, but left and right crops work out fine as well, and there's more space than you might think.

So yeah, that's all I have for you in terms of graphics. I can't provide c+c for drawings, because I don't draw too well myself, but the latest drawing you posted is stunning. Will be keeping an eye out for more stuff from you :-]

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    really appreciate the cnc. I feel like borders add more depth to signatures and that's why ive always used them. the right borders? maybe not but something i need to take my time on as i tend to rush through them and probably why i end up with a bad border. I've tried to put the focal point on the left and right side of sigs and never was able to get them to look good. something i'll experiment with later on though.

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    I did heavy experimenting on this one. i have mixed feelings on it...=/
    Spoiler:

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • The latest tags are impressive, Fatal! Those two pack good depth, and the effects you added are very tasteful. I love the typography in the first one, by the way. It looks great, thanks to your wonderful placement ;-]

Fatal artwork

^ I'm having trouble figuring out what's going on in that sig, though. The image looks a bit weird and awkward, with all the yellow. It's distracting, and the focal is just difficult to make out. Definitely not one of your best, though that one came before your other updates, so I'm glad you fixed that/improved.

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    The latest tags are impressive, Fatal! Those two pack good depth, and the effects you added are very tasteful. I love the typography in the first one, by the way. It looks great, thanks to your wonderful placement ;-]

Fatal artwork

^ I'm having trouble figuring out what's going on in that sig, though. The image looks a bit weird and awkward, with all the yellow. It's distracting, and the focal is just difficult to make out. Definitely not one of your best, though that one came before your other updates, so I'm glad you fixed that/improved.

thank you. yah that one the image i used had poor quality but it was the best image i could find of the subject so i tried my best to make something out of it but didn't turn out as good as the others obviously haha

Back