• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fav. Fighting? Tekken vs. Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat

reiko

Disney Rebellion Leader
Years
  • For me Street Fighter was way to hard for me to execute the moves properly and i always had myself squeezed my controller in hopes of breaking it becasue of my anger...
    Theres just something about the blood and fatalities of Mortal Kombat thats just so damn appealing. Ive been hooked since i was 5 lol.

I prefer Mortal Kombat

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Mortal Kombat is still relevant, sweeties? o.O Just kidding. XD

Anyway, comparing Street Fighter and Tekken is kinda difficult since they are two different fighting games. One is 2D (gameplay wise) while the other is 3D. Personally I prefer Street Fighter for many reasons. Mainly because I have memorized all of Chun Li's and Ryu's special attacks. XD

Now King of Fighters...that's another story...

Years
  • Tekken was never very impressive to me. Sure it's fun, but it never amazed me. I'd have to go with Street Fighter in this case.
    The first three Mortal Kombat games were good though I'm not too fond of the newer ones.

Soul Edge (and its sequel Soul Calibur) are good fighters sadly later entries in the series couldn't stand up to either of them.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Well, there are many other fighting games like King of Fighters, Marvel vs. Capcom, Capcom vs. SNK, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and many others.
    I like every fighting game but I enjoy the most Marvel vs. Campcom 2.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I liked Mortal Kombat for like, not very long ago. Steet Fighter entertained me through my childhood on the computer, but as soon as I first played the first Tekken I was hooked.

Tekken takes it.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • Best to worst:

Street Fighter
    Tekken
    Mortal Kombat

But the fighting that's better then all 3 of those has to be Guilty Gear.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2.

But in answer to this thread, it's a dead heat between Street Fighter and Tekken.

Virtua Fighter 2 was pretty awsome back on the saturn also.

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    Garou: Mark Of The Wolves and the Street Fighter III series are among my favourite 2D fighters, although KOF 98 Ultimate Match, Street Fighter IV, Guilty Gear and Arc System Works' Fist Of The North Star fighter are close behind.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I in truth like Super Smash Bros. for its intuitive lack of reliance on buttonmashing and combos, which, for a guy like me, who has no coordination whatsoever, it's hard to pull off.

That being said, I've played all three franchises (though not extensively). Tekken had the best characters and the most beautiful environments. Street Fighter had the most memorable characters, the most in-depth story, and great music. Mortal Kombat...had over-the-topness. XD

Therefore, Street Fighter. It was the only one I ever bothered to own. =D

Years
  • Mortal Kombat IS fun, but I for one HATED (Yes, HATED) Mortal Kombat VS DC. I just couldn't grip it. Armageddeon however, I still play.

Street Fighter 4 is my new rage right now, as I can't get Gouken for S**T...still fun, though.

So Tekken 6 gets the win for me. BEsides, as many people that have played me and gotten PWNt, I can't complain about it since it's THE first fighting game I ever played.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Guilty Gear, Samurai Showdown, and Blazblue....oh wait those three only? oh well thats a different story, Street Fighter mang! I like Street Fighter the best out of the three because I'm actually good at the game, and I like 2-D fighting games alot. Mortal Kombat....I don't like it. Tekken, I enjoy 3-D games, but Tekken just has too many cheap things in the game, I know I was able to beat my friend all the time with just one move in Tekken 5.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I'd say Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but I consider that to be a "Platformer/Fighter" rather than a pure fighter.

Out of fighting games, I adore Marvel vs Capcom 2, DarkStalkers Chronicles, Soul Calibur II & IV, & Street Fighter IV.

Years
  • What, no Eternal Champions?

I'm going to have to say Mortal Kombat. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on the Genesis, specifically. Tekken was fun, but it was too easy for me. And I don't know why, but I always found the styling of Street Fighter to be a turnoff.

Back