• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Animé Character

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
    Seeing as the old thread was locked, here's a new one!

Anyways, my favorite characters used to be Gary and James from Team Rocket, but within the past few years I realized that I relate to Ash a lot more (and we have similar tastes in Pokémon), so he's my favorite now.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Well, I guess that's what the doctor ordered...

I've always liked Brock, he's my favourite twerp. xP
    James is someone who I never really liked, but lately he's been on my good side and I can't imagine the Anime without him.
    Dawn has got to be my favourite female companion, Misty and May never really sat well with me.
    Strangely enough, Pikachu. Not sure about Hoenn/Sinnoh, but back in Kanto he was actually quite funny when he wanted to be.
    I also like Paul a little, he's the greatest rival the Anime has ever had. As long as they don't end up turning him into a goody-two-shoes, like Gary, he'll remain one of my favourite characters.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Satoshi, Haruka, and Hikari are my favorites. Satoshi because I've grown to his relationship towards others. Hikari because I like her character. She's energetic and helpful to others. Finally there's Haruka. While she, like Hikari and Satoshi, can get annoying at times, she has a fun personality. That's basically the super watered down of why they're my favorites characters.

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    My favorite character was definitely Roark, no doubt. |3​

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I like Original ash the stupid head strong one that always thought he was better than everyone but then i started to like the new more calm gary but my favorite character is Ash he is still pretty awesome he just rocks

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
    I like Original ash the stupid head strong one that always thought he was better than everyone but then i started to like the new more calm gary but my favorite character is Ash he is still pretty awesome he just rocks
    I'm sorta glad Ash stopped being full of himself, sorta reminds me of how Luke was a whiny dork in the first Star Wars, but gradually became calmer and less self-absorbed.

For Pokémon, though, I think it's less of a case of character development than it is the writing getting terribly bland.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    May hands down...it is because of her I am a huge contest fan!!! and still going too...

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    My Favorite Anime character:

Female Nominees: May, Misty, Dawn
    Winner: Dawn!
    Male Nominees: Ash, Brock, Max
    Winner: Brock!
    Rival Nominees: Gary, Drew, Paul
    Winner: Drew!

Favorite Character:......... DAWN!

She is cute!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    My favorite is Pikachu, of course. He's infinitely more adorable than any of female stars and without him, Ash would be nothing. Not to mention he can shoot lightning from his cheeks.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Probably Jun and Paul. Jun is just plain hilarious and Paul has to be the most interesting rival any of them have ever had, I can't wait to see the battle between Ash and Paul that will (probably) happen at the league.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2009
    Probably Jun and Paul. Jun is just plain hilarious and Paul has to be the most interesting rival any of them have ever had, I can't wait to see the battle between Ash and Paul that will (probably) happen at the league.
    YES! I second that! Paul especially.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Misty, I have a preference for Ice & Water types, so Misty suits me well

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
    I adore James and Jun.

Jun ;

• Has an awesome hairstyle
    • Is very adorable
    • Reminds of a friend who makes me smile all the time.
    James ;

• The goofiest member of Team Rocket
    • I enjoy his shenanigans.

Back