• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Attacks/Moves in Gen V

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Some attacks took the place of ones really needed - like what インフェルノの津波 said, a 100 or around that base stell attack. Inferno is basically an inferior Flamethrower. It has 50 accuracy. Incinerate, Struggle Bug, Dual Chop (a Dragon type move?) were were additions IMO...

The new TM list is cool but I don't think anyone would've had a problem with more than 100 TMs... Water Pulse, Focus Punch, Steel Wing, Stealth Rock (replaced by Struggle Bug...), Iron Tail, Roost, Dragon Pulse (replaced by INCINERATE? Come on...), Dark Pulse, man. Those are all gone... and I used a bunch of those, too.

We've still got Thief (40 power), Embargo, Fling, Pluck (60 power) as TMs

Nameless.

Leaf Tornado and V-Create are my favorite moves of generation 5. You just can't go wrong with a tornado of leaves that can wreck accuracy and a destructive 180 base power fire move that doesn't miss without an intrusion. V-Create even has a really destructive sound when initiated! It goes like "Dundundundun woosh-BOOOM!!". I love using it just to hear and see that. Leaf Tornado is just fun to watch. Wooshing of leaves, enveloping everything in sight. Mwuhaha! :D

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Horn Leech is probably a fave'; 75 base ATK, and half of your damage is regained as HP.

I've fully healed Sawsbuck from 35 to 200HP in two hits from that thing, not counting Leech Seed harhar
    This is so true. I love my Sawsbuck so much because she has this move!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Some attacks took the place of ones really needed - like what インフェルノの津波 said, a 100 or around that base stell attack. Inferno is basically an inferior Flamethrower. It has 50 accuracy. Incinerate, Struggle Bug, Dual Chop (a Dragon type move?) were were additions IMO...

The new TM list is cool but I don't think anyone would've had a problem with more than 100 TMs... Water Pulse, Focus Punch, Steel Wing, Stealth Rock (replaced by Struggle Bug...), Iron Tail, Roost, Dragon Pulse (replaced by INCINERATE? Come on...), Dark Pulse, man. Those are all gone... and I used a bunch of those, too.

We've still got Thief (40 power), Embargo, Fling, Pluck (60 power) as TMs

They removed some of the more powerful TM's due to the fact that they're re-useable. It would make the game incredibly easy if I could teach all of my dragons Dragon Pulse.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love the animation for Fusion Bolt. Something about Zekrom jumping up into the air with a blast of electricity is just awesome. :D Idk I like the attack in general too! Just wish it had more PP. :(

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
  • Sludge Wave is absolutely punishing if used by a Poison-type... really a shame that Trubbish and Garbodor are the only G5 Poison-types that can learn it.

Scald is pretty nice too... fun to inflict burns with a Simipour, lol.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • My favourite moves are fusion flare that reshiram knows when you catch it, flamethrower,hydro cannon,discharge,perish song but it's kinda creepy and leaf tornado.

Testacool

Begging Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    Change Gear is probably my favourite. A better Dragon Dance? Yes please!

Back