• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite band?!

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    My favorite band is Electric Light Orchestra. They're criminally underrated. I can't get enough of them. THEY'RE JUST SO GOOD! Jeff Lynne, a musical legend and the lead singer helps forge the awesomeness of the band with his blend of rock and string instruments. Don't Bring Me Down. Mr Blue Sky. Calling America. Livin' Thing. Twilight. 10538 Overture. Do Ya. Showdown. Daybreaker. Ma-Ma-Ma Belle (just to name a few). So many good songs!

Some other bands/artists I really like are:
    -Foreigner
    -Billy Joel
    -Boston
    -Queen
    -Journey
    -Styx

NICE!! I love Billy Joel too! ^^ :S

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
    I can only name one, and this one is by far my favorite band ever: Hadouken!
    Yes its a band, to all who think: Huh, but thats a move in a fighting game..

If I'm right, isn't that the band in the "People Are Awesome" videos?

My favorite band is Electric Light Orchestra. They're criminally underrated. I can't get enough of them. THEY'RE JUST SO GOOD! Jeff Lynne, a musical legend and the lead singer helps forge the awesomeness of the band with his blend of rock and string instruments. Don't Bring Me Down. Mr Blue Sky. Calling America. Livin' Thing. Twilight. 10538 Overture. Do Ya. Showdown. Daybreaker. Ma-Ma-Ma Belle (just to name a few). So many good songs!

Some other bands/artists I really like are:
    -Foreigner
    -Billy Joel
    -Boston
    -Queen
    -Journey
    -Styx

YES. YES. YES. SO MUCH YES.

Last edited:
    Years
    This is a pretty hard one for me really, and it doesn't help that my musical interests are insanely varied. Right now though the three groups I'd say that are vying for "favourite band" are Linkin Park (I see I'm joining a bandwagon on this one), Nightiwsh and Insane Clown Posse (if you can count two rappers in clown make up as a band...). Before people throw a lot of "lolwhat" at me I thought maybe I'd put in some explanations below.

1. Linkin Park - This band are incredibly versatile, incredibly talented and constantly produce top-quality and meaningful music. Chester is arguably the most talented male vocalist around at the moment being able to scream like a demon one minute and sing like an angel the next. I will admit that he hasn't got the screaming lungs he used to but he's still very talented. Mike too, is a great vocalist. He isn't necessarily as good as Chester, but his raps generally have a very good flow to them and when he sings it is generally of a very high quality, I don't think he has a great range though compared to others. I would take the time to comment on every member individually, but yeah screw that. Bottom line is, very talented + very meaningful songs + versatility= awesomeness that can appeal to a wide range of audiences.

2. Nightwish - You wouldn't think it would work is you heard someone on the street go "It's like opera and metal. Together" but the fact is Nightwish are incredible. More or less one of the pioneers of Symphonic Metal (which is basically the marriage of metal and operatic elements) as I understand it they're songs were always deep and always beautiful. Tarja was a better vocalist for the band then Anette I must say (I am yet to hear them with Floor) but both are top-quality singers and Toumas is a musical genius.

3. ICP - Here is where pretty much everyone on Earth will probably disagree with me. But quite frankly, I love Horrorcore. I'm not a crazed juggalo fanatic like some I guess but this group have great flow for the most part (essential for rappers), excellent lyrics and incredible theatrics. When you add this to the fact that behind all the violent supernatural themes in the music there's actually a pretty deep spiritual philosophy that nobody bothers to look at, need I say more. I get that this is a "love them or hate them" kind of group but I definitely am in the love them category.

For those who don't know - Horrorcore = Rap vocals with strong heavy metal influences and a focus on violent/supernatural themes in the lyrics. Although there is a lot more too it.

Honourable mention right now can go to Black Veil Brides, Imagine Dragons and Of Monsters and Men.

AwesomeRob

Congrats!
    Years
    As I said on the last thread, I'd go with Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Alice in Chains, and Foo Fighters.

Years
    AC/DC, The Offspring, Cold Chisel, Crush40 (they make music for Sonic games haha) can't think of anymore right now :/ oh also some Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold.
    So mainly Rock and Metal.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Ocean Colour Scene
    Pink Floyd
    Talking Heads
    The Smiths
    The Verve
    John Coltrane
    Kasabian
    The Clash
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Death Cab For Cutie
    Joy Division
    The Strokes
    The White Stripes
    The Flaming Lips
    Black Star
    Muse - Although their last good album was in 06
    The Cure
    Modest Mouse
    Blur
    Depeche Mode
    Bob Dylan
    Nina Simone
    Mos Def

Included a few that are not exactly bands but whatever.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Well at the moment, it's Panic! at the Disco and Three Days Grace. I don't really listen to any bands actually, but these are great!

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I love love love Sleeping with Sirens! I love them so much that I've changed my names on most of the social-networking sites I go to to "Siren." Besides that, I also like Muse, My Chemical Romance, Aerosmith and KISS.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    My favourite band has forever and always been No Doubt, so I must look really out of place here right now

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Just a little list of my favourite bands: (not in order)
    - Nirvana (all time favourite band)
    - Queen
    - AC/DC
    - Iron Maiden
    - Green Day
    - The Beatles
    - Alice In Chains
    - Pearl Jam
    - Soundgarden
    - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    - Sex Pistols
    - Kiss

And maaaaaaany more... (don't feel like typing 'em all)

I'm gonna suggest a few Nirvana songs:
    - You Know You're Right (Just. Listen. To. It.)
    - Lithium
    - Heart Shaped Box
    - Come As You Are
    - Verse Chorus Verse
    - Pennyroal Tea
    - Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

MxY

Years
    Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Afterhours - an italian alternative rock band -, The Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, Sigur Rós and The Doors.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    Just a little list of my favourite bands: (not in order)
    - Nirvana (all time favourite band)
    - Queen
    - AC/DC
    - Iron Maiden
    - Green Day
    - The Beatles
    - Alice In Chains
    - Pearl Jam
    - Soundgarden
    - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    - Sex Pistols
    - Kiss

And maaaaaaany more... (don't feel like typing 'em all)

I'm gonna suggest a few Nirvana songs:
    - You Know You're Right (Just. Listen. To. It.)
    - Lithium
    - Heart Shaped Box
    - Come As You Are
    - Verse Chorus Verse
    - Pennyroal Tea
    - Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

Oooh, souds cool . Good choice!.
    I'll listen to their song sometime. {:3}

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    If we're talking strictly about bands/groups?

- Young The Giant
    - Keane
    - Pearl Jam
    - Two Door Cinema Club
    - The All American Rejects
    - Fall Out Boy
    - Grouplove
    - Hellogoodbye
    - Motion City Soundtrack
    - Panic at the Disco!
    - OAR
    - Fleetwood Mac
    - McFly
    - Paramore
    - Tanlines
    - Coldplay
    - Foster the People
    - Fitz and the Tantrums
    - Haim
    - The Decemberists
    - Empire of the Sun
    - The Smiths

...and way too many more to name here.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    If we're talking strictly about bands/groups?

- Young The Giant
    - Keane
    - Pearl Jam
    - Two Door Cinema Club
    - The All American Rejects
    - Fall Out Boy
    - Grouplove
    - Hellogoodbye
    - Motion City Soundtrack
    - Panic at the Disco!
    - OAR
    - Fleetwood Mac
    - McFly
    - Paramore
    - Tanlines
    - Coldplay
    - Foster the People
    - Fitz and the Tantrums
    - Haim
    - The Decemberists
    - Empire of the Sun
    - The Smiths

...and way too many more to name here.

Hmmm... Nice choice, seems a nice bands. Gotta listen to them sometimes! ;)

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    A big fan of bands and groups. Some of my favorites include:

Kings of Leon
    Queen
    The Fray
    Fall Out Boy
    AC/DC
    Imagine Dragons
    Panic! At The Disco
    Paramore