• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite band?!

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    blink-182
    Me First & The Gimme Gimmes
    Bowling For Soup
    The Click Five
    Relient K
    Every Avenue
    And Vampire Weekend also seems like a cool band, I've not listened to many songs but yeah. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Picking my favorite band is like picking a favorite family member for me, I have quite a few favorites. Modest Mouse, Dinosaur JR, Animal Collective, Tigers Jaw, Algernon Cadwallader, The Smiths, and The Chameleons.

Years
  • The Beatles, Coldplay, Gorillaz, Guns N' Roses, Imagine Dragons, Maroon 5, Muse, U2.

Quite the range, hahaha.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I've already posted, but I just wanted to add another band that deserved their own post: IMAGINE DRAGONS. Dat drum banging doe.

Years
  • Nightwish is definitely one of my favorites. I was enraptured from the moment I heard them, and even now some of their songs still give me chills because it's so brilliant. Tuomas Holopainen is a genius.

Probably one of my oldest favorites is a Swedish band called Blindside. They haven't really done much lately, but their sound is always evolving and I feel the strongest connection lyrically to their songs.

I also love Showbread and Tarja Turunen, although her most recent album left a lot to be desired.

Outlier

Nirvana. The Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Prodigy. I've been on a bit of a Deftones kick lately. There aren't a lot of new bands that I listen to. Most music today is complete trash *strokes hipster mustache*

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • Gackt
    Nightwish
    Rob Zombie
    Queen
    AC/DC
    Meatloaf
    Van Halen
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Bon Jovi

Just a few of my favorite bands.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Megadeth and Iron Maiden at the top.
    Then comes Nevermore, Exodus, early Metallica, Pantera, Black Sabbath... and not much else, really. I'll give a listen to whatever has good guitars though.

Years
  • Pierce the Veil
    Sleeping With Sirens
    A Day to Remember
    Alesana
    All Time Low
    Panic! At The Disco
    Chiodos
    Fall Out Boy
    Of Mice & Men
    Memphis May Fire
    letlive.
    Asking Alexandria
    Bring Me The Horizon
    The All-American Rejects
    A Skylit Drive
    My Chemical Romance
    New Found Glory
    blink-182

etc. etc. I enjoy a lot of other bands and genres, but these are just my all time favorites.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Favorite band, hands down:
    Coheed and Cambria

They are a progressive rock "concept" band. They albums are each a story in a singular over arching world. The story is called "The Amory Wars" and there are comics available by the same name. The comics tell the same story the albums do.

Most people know their song "Welcome Home". Some know "The Suffering" or "A Favor House Atlantic," but it's rare that they know more than that, if even that. I recommend listening to "A Favor House Atlantic" "Junesong Provision" and "Away We Go"
    I don't know if they will draw you into the band, or away, they are just songs I enjoy. To be completely honest, in the 7 albums they've released, it's rare I skip a track.

Other bands/groups/people I enjoy (incomplete list, and in no particular order):
    Placebo
    Stromae
    Die Antwoord
    Daft Punk
    The Knife
    David Bowie
    The Prize Fighter Inferno
    Mika
    Explosions in the Sky
    Signal Hill
    Bowling for Soup
    October Project
    Toybox

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I think the band that's really become my favorite is Between the Buried and Me.

They've really moved away from their post-hardcore influence into this wonderful progressive metal space, and it's beautiful. Their music is very dense and I'm still finding new things in songs I've been listening to for years.

Transatlantic and Haken are the two other bands I consider top tier these days. They really give me faith in straight progrock again.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Well, when I was younger I guess Linkin Park was my favourite, but now my music taste had kinda shifted away from Nu Metal towards the softer side of rock.

Currently I'm into The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Black Keys. All of them are indie/garage rock and though I'm not really limited to them and have a broad preference of music, they really are my favourite bands right now. Especially the first one.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • - Metallica
    - Megadeth
    - Anthrax (Joey Belladonna era only)
    - Slayer
    - Black Sabbath
    - Dio
    - Ozzy Osbourne
    - Avenged Sevenfold
    - Children Of Bodom
    - Austrian Death Machine (Ahhhhhnorld)
    - Bullet For My Valentine
    - Iced Earth
    - Iron Maiden
    - Motionless In White (Kind of out of place, I know XD)
    - Rage Against The Machine
    - Body Count
    - Guns 'N Roses
    - Judas Priest

So mostly older metal bands, most of which are Thrash Metal which I LOOOVE, and now I'm TRYING to get into Death Metal, even though I'm not that big a fan of it, but the band Children of Bodom is absolutely outstanding, especially their first 2 albums, the album "Hatebreeder" blows me away every time I listen to it! I really recommend it to ANY metal fan.

Back