• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Christmas Movies/Specials

What's your favorite Christmas movie/special?

• How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • A Christmas Carol

• It's a Wonderful Life

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A Christmas Story

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

• The Santa Clause

• Jingle All the Way (Put that cookie down! NAOW!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home Alone

• A Charlie Brown Christmas

• Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer

• Frosty the Snowman

• Other (please comment!)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    Well, it's that time of the year again, the holiday season! And that can only mean one thing: a plethora of holiday movies and specials airing on television! So with that I ask you: what are your favorite holiday movies or specials?

Personally, my favorites would have to be National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Home Alone. They never, ever fail to crack me up! I watch them every single Christmas. It's basically, no it is a tradition for me. The Griswolds has to be one of the most hysterical families ever. Home Alone always manages to make me smile and laugh, and every time I watch it is just as amusing as all. My favorite part from the first film is when Kevin blows up the firecrackers to scare the pizza delivery person. My favorite part in the second film is when Kevin throws the bricks at Harry and Marv. It makes me laugh every single time!

I can't wait to hear everyone's responses!

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh, no.. I don't know which one to pick ;~;
    They're all great because I watch a lot of TV around then.

I always watch the Christmas carol on Christmas eve with my family, it's kind of a tradition like thing and I also watch The Grinch too.

Years
    Definitely National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Cousin Eddie is just as big of a Christmas icon as Santa himself, at least in my family :)
    Same here! We watch it every single year!

Elf is simply the funniest and best.
    I knew there was something I forgot!

I also like Jingle All the Way... but that's more of a 'so bad it's good' like than a real like. It's just hilariously bad.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've always loved Rudolph since a child myself, and it's been somewhat of a tradition I try and do every holiday season for me. Other than that I've always found Home Alone 3 to be quite enjoyable, don't get me wrong I love the first two ones, but I've seen the third more than one instance and it somehow became a favorite of mine that comes and goes through out the whole year watching it, just a slight obsession.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Movies? I don't really watch them at all, let alone Christmas ones. I've usually gone to the pantomime each year, which isn't a Christmas thing as such but that's about when I'd go; has the nicety of actually being different every year. I suppose in any case, though, family humour comes into a new light when you get the subtle adult gags.

Last edited:

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I've always loved Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer the best.
    I really like the animation, and characters.

Juleigh

I don't know?
    Years
    Eloise at Christmastime... I don't know why, but its such a cute movie, and always puts me in a good mood :)

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I like all the Christmas movies they are so good.

I can't wait for Christmas:D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Home Alone, The Nightmare before Christmas, and Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer are my favorites.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2013
    a cristmas coral FTW

its my personaly childhood yea ehm memory
    i allway watched it on tv

my favorite version is that one from the muppets X3
    a christmas without that masterwok is a horrible christmas :C

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I never really watch christmas movies apart from if they're on the TV and I'm bored.
    But I do always watch the Doctor Who christmas specials, my favorite would be the first one (the sycorax one).

Ayselipera

When it comes down to it I really like Rudolph. Back in the VHS days I had it on tape along with Frosty the Snowman, The Little Drummer Boy, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Not to worry we've since upgraded to the DVD holiday pack last year<3 It came with the special disc Cricket on the Hearth which was just horrible.

I should mention though that the movie A Christmas Story is a big thing to watch in my family. It plays on the TV for 24 hours starting on Christmas Eve night into Christmas Day. Which we're all suppose to gather around and watch together. I also really like It's a Wonderful Life even though it's pretty lengthy. Elf has also become a big hit in my family~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I love that movie because of:
    Spoiler:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Specials: Almost anything from Rankin/Bass, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, all of the Peanuts Christmas specials (except for "I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown"), A Garfield Christmas, The Snowman, A Muppet Family Christmas

Movies: Home Alone, Home Alone 2, The Santa Clause, Elf, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, A Muppet Christmas Carole

Back