• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite female protagonist?

Who's your favorite female protagonist?

• Total voters
    Years
    Misty ftw
    I've always like her short-tempered personality. It's funny to watch, especially when she argues with Ash.She's also smart and battles well.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Since I didn't watch the anime when it was being aired, but am currently watching the episodes on my computer, and am currently at season 7, I can't judge Iris or Dawn, so my judgment will have to be restricted on the first two. Having cleared that, May is definitely my favorite. She has her own personality and character development, which in my eyes allows her to become a co-protagonist, unlike Misty who simply followed Ash around with a very similar goal, only restricted to Water Pokemon. May's contests were a nice alternative to Ash's gym battles, adding diversity to the show and offering a lighter atmosphere to relax us. Her background was also very interesting, having a whole family and even a brother with his own personality. Knowing that May is replaced in the tenth season is very sad, since she is my second favorite character in the anime, Meowth being my all-time favorite.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    For the person who accuses of being perverts, I can testify.

Hoenn was the region that braught me into the pokemon franchise and to this day hoenn is my favourite, but rather than argue between factions of pokemon fans I'd like to embrace pokemon as a full. sadly being good at understanding geography this is no acception that in pokemons case it is hard to unify groups. mostly because their all seperated by a phisical barrier.

I'm not saying may is better, just my favourite in terms of personality,pokemon, contest activenes,looks and max as an added bonus =D

Years
    I always loved May. I really liked watching her character develop, and I liked seeing the female character actually do something for once. I don't have anything against Misty, in fact, she's my second choice, but she never really did much over the course of the series and her Pokemon team and goal were never handled well, but i really enjoyed seeing her show off her skills when she did (like in the whirl cup). i was hoping to see her psyduck finally evolve into a golduck near the end of her run, and her horsea into a seadra and then kingdra, but that never happened :(

Dawn is in last place for me. She's just always so happy. The group dynamics in the original series and Hoenn were much better than the ones in Sinnoh, and I felt Dawn's character suffered from her storyline being a rehash of May's, albeit ending up not as well-developed as her. May changed a lot over the series, while Dawn never really did. She just gained experience, but never changed much as a character. Overall, I can't really judge Iris since she hasn't been in many episodes yet, but i am really starting to like her.

So overall;

1- May
    2- Misty
    3- Dawn
    Undecided- Iris (once BW has hit episode 40 - 45 or so I'll have a final opinion on her)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    May for the win! She is the definition of a pokemon coordinator in the anime. I enjoyed her progress throughout the series. Dawn kinda ruined the contests for me :\ I didnt see her grow as much as May did. Misty will always have a place in my heart, she is the original redhead.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I will always love Misty, but when I got back into Pokemon and I started watching episodes I had never seen before, I liked May more. I think she has the most interesting and different Pokemon team, and I dunno, I just like her. :D

Back