• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite female protagonist?

Who's your favorite female protagonist?

• Total voters

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I like Misty , i mean come one , look at her outfit and design , what more can you get? Also every main character needs a girlfriend , in Satoshis case it's Misty hehe (BTW she REALLY is 10 years old?! She looks older than that)

Update

I never heard of Iris/seen Iris yet

Lies, its either Iris or Dawn or maybe even Dento or Paul :badsmile:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    May has always been my favorite female character. Iris is pretty cool as well but I'm still new to her. Dawn I didn't like her much. Misty I thought was alright.

da_absol

All-American Emo
    Years
    this was hard for me. I like them all for different ways. But i really like Dawn's story arc so i picked her, though i like May's character better. Misty...i like her for being the smexy gf of Ash.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    May. Just because I'm an enormous AdvanceShipper. :P

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I can never pick, I just love them all!

Haruka/May I could identify with what with her clumsiness and naivete. I could see so much of myself in her. Her growth was really inspiring!

And her love for her little brother was just precious. I loved how they teased one another and drove eachother crazy, but when push came to shove, they were always there for one another.

Kasumi/Misty was a lot of fun and her tomboyishness certainly helped her appeal to me as well! A love of Water Pokemon too... her interactions with Takeshi/Brock, particularly in the earlier episodes, set up some of my favourite scenes!

Hikari/Dawn was just plain awesome. I liked that she knew more about what she was getting into when she started her journey... and I liked that she was a bit of a bookworm to boot (Not sure if that carried over to the dub or not, but in the Japanese version, she often mentioned reading about things in books before, in addition to the magazines she reads nowadays).

She was very spunky and even though she suffered some pretty crushing defeats, she worked past them and was much strongerfor it. I really admired that!

She was also very funny. xD

She was the one I got saddest about when it came to her departure, oddly enough.

I fell in love with Iris right from the start, wacky design and all! <3

Her being something of a wild child just made her all the more unique! And she's so funny to boot!

Long story short, I love them all and can't pick just one.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well....because my pokémon anime-watching started with seeing the endings of some Johto episodes, then Pokémon 4Ever, you'd think my favourite would be Misty, right?

Na....she never did enough to be likeable....Brock outshined her slightly, and he's never been a major part (particularly in DP, where he's been changed down to a combination of cooking, saying "It's Team Rocket!", "Hi, I'm Brock and I want to be a pokémon breeder!" and getting poison jabbed by Croagunk), which says something.

Dawn's voice is the most annoying yet, Jessie would be worse, but her voice is deeper xD. The fact that she "cheers" Ash on with Buneary and Piplup is also really annoying.....at least May evolved her pokémon.

To me, the fact that May was more of a main protagonist than the other two (she had her own supporting character, Max) swings it, and she also has a Blaziken and Glaceon, which are both awesome. Oh, and a Venusaur and Wartortle :D

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    May is definitely my favourite. Not that I don't like Misty, but I prefer May, that's all.
    I can't stand Dawn, and I don't think I'll like Iris. I dunno, I don't like her appearence and as she comes from the forest...Uh...I'm just not keen on that kind of characters.
    And Dawn, I just don't like her for no reason in particular. xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    YES. MAY IS WINNING. TAKE THAT MISTY AND DAWN. AND WITCH. WOOT.

Disregarding the caps lock, May is my favorite of the animé girls. It used to be a toss up between May and Dawn but May eventually won. I like her design and after Ash, May has the best Pokémon owned by a main character.

I also wonder why people voted for witch. She hasn't even been in ten episodes yet.

Years
    It's hard to choose...I like all the female protagonists! I used to like May more than Dawn (probably because I liked the char design better xD), but then after finishing the sinnoh arc I felt the writers did a good job with Dawn's character development :D

For Iris, even though she's only been in a few episodes, I really like her personality so I can understand why some might vote for her. I didn't like her initially when her character design first came out though =P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    May, since I've seen her the most in the anime, though Misty is pretty awesome.

Iris, haven't seen her in the anime yet, but I bet she's pretty interesting. XD

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    may 110%

She actually has a goal on the adventures and achives things unlike mistys "I want to be a better water pokemon trainer than my sisters",

while dawn is just too annoying and only uses cute pokemon,

and iris is to early to judge unless some genie can allow me to speak every language in the world...

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Misty in my case (how predictable) for a few reasons one of which is that I can relate to her. I have been thought of as the underdog many times and have tried to prove myself. As for not accomplishing anything I beg to differ in a few different ways. The Seaking catching contest, the princess festival, the whirl cup, and also being Ash's tutor during the early days. Not to mention being intelligent, Misty has said some unusually meaningful things in the series which in some ways can be applied to real life such as changing and adapting just like water for example. She has never stayed in the background at all times just saying short sentences and nothing else but has played a role.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I like them all actually. But I think Iris is starting to grow on me. Her design isn't that bad too. So I voted for Iris.

Yay. Go Iris ^__^

YES. MAY IS WINNING. TAKE THAT MISTY AND DAWN. AND WITCH. WOOT.

Disregarding the caps lock, May is my favorite of the animé girls. It used to be a toss up between May and Dawn but May eventually won. I like her design and after Ash, May has the best Pokémon owned by a main character.

I also wonder why people voted for witch. She hasn't even been in ten episodes yet.

We have our opinions now >__> And Iris definitely has more personality than May. And stop calling her witch. How would you like it if I called May Anorexia, huh?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    My favourite is Dawn. She never argued with Ash as much as the others did and I think her and Ash make a good couple. I'm gonna be sad when she leaves. Anyone hoping she'll return for a little while in Best Wishes?

Misty is my second favourite because I've enjoyed the original series since I was a child so I'm more used to her being with Ash and Brock.

To be honest, I don't see what is so great about May. She's my least favourite.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    May is the best, in my opinion. She also looks cute, Lol. She also makes a good couple with Ash.

But I'm still watching out for Iris... She seems interesting.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    May > Iris. :<
    I sense AK-47 coming to bite me!
    Hey! Why has this thread been turned into a shipping one?

Back