• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite female protagonist?

Who's your favorite female protagonist?

• Total voters

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I honestly like them all i even like what i have read of Iris she seems like quite an oddball. But if i had to pick i would say dawn only cause i love Mamoswine lol yeah bad reason but i love the mammoth

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    May > Iris. :<
    I sense AK-47 coming to bite me!
    Hey! Why has this thread been turned into a shipping one?

Didn't take a genius to see that coming, did it? ^_^

Aaand right, shipping goes into the conveniently place Shipping Debates guys. Please don't ignore and abuse it, we've it's gotten enough of that >__>

I honestly like them all i even like what i have read of Iris she seems like quite an oddball. But if i had to pick i would say dawn only cause i love Mamoswine lol yeah bad reason but i love the mammoth
    Oddball? You call Dawn, a 10 year old girl with a ridiculously short skirt, a mammoth, a Pikabusive bunny, and an abused and beat up annoying penguin not an oddbal? o_0 Iris just has long purple hair.

RSMangaFan

Harley's Hat
    Years
    OMIGOSH. Misty!!
    Although, May comes at a close second, I have to admit. I'm a May AND a Misty fan, so don't kill me, you fangirl armies! Although I can understand if the Dawn army wants to murder me.
    Reasons for liking Misty so much:
    Well, for one, I too love water-type Pokemon.
    Her personality, 'nuff said.
    The fact that for once, she is a trainer starting out as more experienced than Ash.
    For May:
    Overall, her rivalry with Drew, Harley and Solidad. Epic stuff there.
    She made contests interesting!
    Her choice of Pokemon. Very thoughtful team put together there.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    AdvancedK47 said:
    We have our opinions now >__> And Iris definitely has more personality than May. And stop calling her witch. How would you like it if I called May Anorexia, huh?

I wouldn't care because May is a fictional character who has no real impact on my life. Get over it or put me on your ignore list or something.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Misty and May were my favorites. I think I like Iris too, but I haven't seen too much of her.

To be honest, I don't see what is so great about May. She's my least favourite.

Because she was funny, had some good battles and more interesting Contests?

The Hoenn group as a whole was also far more entertaining than how dull the DP trio was most of the time. I always saw Dawn as how May would have been if she was extremely girly and was less fun. Not that I dislike Dawn or anything, just sayin.

XBA

Goth Pokemon FTW.
    Years
    May's my favorite, primarily for the reason that when I first got into Pokemon, Ruby/Sapphire were the newest games out.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Both Battle wise and contest wise, May would most deftinatly win.

Her team is more versitile, misty only uses water types and only battles, dawn has only cute pokemon and only does contests aside from the occasional team rocket fight, but pikachu's thunderbolt takes 90% of that job.

Iris, well its kinda early to tell but she only has that wierd green err... whatever it is. turtle? mini dinosaur? looks like a mutated turtwig.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    IRIS. She's soooooo cute.~

Actually, because I only know a little about her, "technically" I only like her from a design point of view. Which is quite odd given that I usually fan over girls like Lyra ( thigh-high socks... ) and Dawn ( mini-skirt + boots ). Iris is the first companion who is actually dressed like a ten-year old girl....

Personality-wise, my fave is.... Uhm..... IDK, I have a feeling it will be Iris ( she seems so 元気とかわいい ), but I guess I'll go with Dawn. Although I used to love Misty, even to the point where I stopped watching the anime when May appeared, retrospectively, I now find her rather mean. Too mean for my tastes. And May is just kind of boring, but I do like her more than I initially did.

tl;dr: I voted for Iris. ♡

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    hey Misty is my favorite female protaginist. I just love her episodes. She is so cute.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    May hands down. I just loved seeing growing from a girl who didn't even like Pokemon that much and only used becoming a trainer as an excuse to travel to being a great Pokemon coordinator. She's the most likable main female character for me so far and I honestly preferred the majority of her Contests over Dawn's. She just felt like an overall fun character. While only two of May's Pokemon evolved while she was in the main cast, which is the same for Dawn's team, I thought that there was a bit more variety into most of their move sets compared to Dawn's team.

Dawn started out fine for me, but then I thought she became much less interesting shortly after winning the Wallace Cup. I'll need to rewatch Battle Dimensions one of these days to find out where exactly I started to find Dawn becoming boring since she was still basically fine when I rewatched the first Diamond and Pearl, but I didn't find her Contest arc or her personality nearly as fun to watch as with May's arc and personality. The lack of interesting rivals might have played a role in that. There were still parts of her Contest arc that were fun, but I wasn't rooting for her like i was with May. I found myself rooting for Jessie more, despite the fact that she wouldn't get ahead of Dawn at the end. But I also don't think her development was handled as realistically as I thought May's was, especially with being so calm about losing in the finals of the Grand Festival and there weren't any signs of her feeling immense disappointment for an understandable amount of time. The overuse of Piplup might have been a factor in my dislike for Dawn as well.

Misty is okay. I could pretty much take or leave her. I think that she, as well as her Pokemon team, could have been handled much better than it actually was in the original series. She was a pretty likable character, but the low amount of episodes featuring her attempting to reach her goal or improve her skills as a Water Pokemon trainer doesn't make her as interesting as May or even Dawn.

As for Iris, I haven't seen any of Best Wishes since I'm waiting for the dub to air sometime next year, but I've heard some really good things about her. So, I'm hoping that I'll be able to like her too.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
    i will pick dawn coz ummm... she is cheerful but mays sprit and battle style was the best though iris is a gym leader so she might be also good

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    May is winning? Perverts. lol

I picked Misty for obvious reasons, but from a pure design standpoint, I would go with Dawn.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I like May, but I kinda grew up with Misty. So my vote goes to Misty, for having an awesome personality. :)

Back