• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite films?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Of all movies that you have watched in your lifetime, which would you call your most favorite? Why do you like them so much? What part of it do you think interest you the most? If you were to change anything of these films story-wise, what would it be, and how would it all work? If you were to swap actors or actresses, would you? Who would you change them with and why? In total, how many times have you watched these movies? If you've watched them only once, would you consider giving them a go again sometime?

FifePokemon

AlShao
    Years
    Braveheart is my favourite film because i'm a typical patriotic Scotsman!

I particularly enjoy the battle scenes but if i was to change anything it would be the factual inaccuracies on the history of William Wallace..

I would absolutely get rid of Mel Gibson as the lead actor (sorry to any Mel fans), his attempt at a Scottish accent still haunts me in my sleep, and replace him with James McAvoy who i think is an extremely talented actor.. and he is actually Scottish!

I've probably watched Braveheart about 10 times, half of which were in school on a rainy day, and i'll happily watch it if its on TV again soon.

(Fun fact: The guy that gets shot in the backside by an arrow in the final battle scene later taught drama at my high school, talk about your 5 seconds of fame...)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    American Beauty is my favorite film of all time. I find it to be the perfect film; it's quite funny, it has an interesting storyline (even though it's Lolita lite pretty much) and it's unbelievably sad and dark.

other favorites are Synecdoche, New York, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Big Lebowski, and A Clockwork Orange.

Years
    It's relatively new, but Captain Phillips really had an impact on me, especially when I first saw it in theaters. Always thought Tom Hanks had a bit too much hype to his name, but he amazed me with his performance in this movie, and I was shocked he didn't get nominated, honestly. Along with that, Brakhad Abdi's debut on the big screen was impressive, and held the movie together nicely. That's the first picture that came to mind, anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't think I have an all time favorite but I do have a group of favorites. I really love Lotr. I think they were done really well which I find most of the time that isn't the case when it comes to fantasy. Also a big fan of the first two Godfathers and Goodfellas. I kind of hate admitting this, but westerns are my favorite. I LOVE The good, the bad, and the ugly so much. Also 3:10 to Yuma and The Outlaw Josey Wales. After that pretty much any Tarantino film. The Kill Bill movies being my favorite.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I loved the Phantom of the Opera and Moulin Rouge. This musical films inspire me but then again who wouldn't be? It is all about love and tragedy as to where it would lead.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in the return."

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    There are quite a few films I've watched over and over again and have never gotten tired of. I watch all the Harry Potter films at least once every year, still love 'em.

Then there's also some Miyazaki films, mainly My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away.

I also watch Mean Girls a lot. :P

Braxien

Banned
    Years
    Die Hard would have to be my favourite movie. I don't know why, I just love action movies where there are always either explosions or the 'hero' killing the 'enemy' in an awesome way.

Another thing, John McClane's catchphrase:

"Yippee ki-yay, mother♥♥♥♥♥♥!"

Years
    - The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
    - Serenity.
    - Scott Pilgrim vs the World.
    - Wreck-It-Ralph

Why? Because they entertain me! Sure, I love a good deep and dark film that provokes thought and whatnot, but these are films that I can just re-watch over and over again. I must have seen the Lotr trilogy at least 30 times in my lifetime.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Scarface has to be my favourite film. I've watched it a ton of times, and it never fails to keep me entertained.

Notable mentions:
    - Blow
    - What's Eating Gilbert Grape
    - LOTR trilogy
    - Pulp Fiction
    - Most classic Disney films

etc...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I don't really have a single favorite film. I made these suggestions to a member previously, but I'll list them again because they are some of my favorites.

Children of Men - a dystopian film of a world in which there has been no pregnancy for almost twenty years. A man finds himself placed in an impossible situation to possibly change the future of humanity. One of the best films I've ever seen and has some seriously iconic imagery.

Drive - a great film with a great soundtrack. Pretty trippy film with some fantastic cinematography that makes the entire experience feel surreal. Really, really enjoyed this one.

Gran Torino - a fantastic film for Clint Eastwood. Exceeds expectations and tropes of stories like this, while also showing "Dirty Harry" has still got it. Some really great acting by some unknowns, while also presenting an alternative to a typical revenge/bad guy film.

21 Jump Street - really funny movie with a good cast and some good comedy. Went in expecting less than I got and left thrilled with how good the movie was. Some really funny moments and good action too. Plus some callbacks to the original 21 Jump Street. (Need to see the sequel still)

Back