• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite G/S starter

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Tododile, definitely, probably because it was the first starter I chose in GS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2007
    Well I like all three of them...
    Ah i can't decide xD

Hm...But...If I have to chose I'd say Chikorita ^^
    It's cute xD

Rayquaza_Nick

Dark Trainer
    Years
    Totodile is "D" best of all,for me...I like, I mean I love water type pokemon and I surely love totodile especially it's 3rd form,Feraligatr....................xD

Smooth_Crystal

Poke Master Yall!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2007
    cyndaquil ive used it everytime in my crystal and silver games except one time i used chikorita which was a mistake because its not the best but blastoise and charizard are the best water and fire starters eva!

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    Cynadaquil because I love the fire type pokemon and typhloision is my favorite pokemon

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Cynadquil, and ever since that time, this pokemon has always been my started. If I play a real, serious game I always pick this one. If I am redoing a game for fun, I'll pick another.

Years
    Yeah... I'm among the many Cyndaquil fans...

I can't help it. Cyndaquil is adorable, and I love Fire Pokemon. Charmander's still tops in my book, but Cyndaquil's evolved form is much more adorable than Charmander's (Sorry Charmeleon fans...).
    (Quilava >>>> Charmeleon)

I've tried Chikorita a few times, and it's not bad. I like Chikorita the best out of all the Grass-type starters (in other words, I like it more than Bulbasaur and Treecko). Chikorita has my kind of stats. I'm a defensive trainer.

I mainly don't choose Totodile because Totodile happens to be my sister's favourite of the Johto starters... but I have tried training Totodile, and its physical stats are impressive. I typically prefer Special stats though... which is another reason I don't use Totodile much.

Last edited:
    Years
    My favorite G/S/C starter has to be Chikorita, definitely. I love Cyndaquil and Totodile too, but I usually choose Chikorita for johto because its evolved forms are awesome!

Back