• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite G/S starter

Years
  • Which is your fav of the three starters??

Mine is chikorita. I love chikorita its so cute and learns razor leaf at lv 8 which is one of the best grass type moves. Trouble with chikorita is it defenetly makes the game the hardest if you pick it.

Weak agaisnt 1st and 2nd gym. Normal against 3rd, Not very effective agaisn't 4th, normal agaisnt 5th and super against the poliwrath, not very effective on 6th, Its good against 7th but also weak agaisnt it. And its ok on the 8th.

Years
  • I liked Cyndaquil the best, since it evolves into Quilava and Typhlosion, which are two of my favorite Pokemon. I just wish they learned Flamethrower quicker than they do (it was level 60 or something).

jammi567

Definatly Cyndaquil, as when it's fully powered up, it has the best speed and attack of all the starters.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
  • Chikorita.

I know it has weaknesses against almost all the Gym leaders, but Meganium is an awesome powerhouse to have on your team.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Yeah, i like Cyndaquil the most also, its actually probably my favorite out of all the fire starters in the entire series.

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
  • i almost always start with chikorita because i like grass types so much (even if they're slightly useless), and she's really a good one. she has a lot of good move options, and has very balanced stats.

even though it's way too crazily popular, i like cyndaquil because it's adorable. i don't use typhlosion because it's impossible to surprise anyone with it in a fight, as the standard moveset is probably the only moveset worth using at all.

totodile is cute, but kingdra has always been my choice for water type pokemon, so i don't use it often. however, i'm becoming more of a fan, because feraligatr is one of the only pokemon i know of that can effectively use swagger, and that's one of my favorite moves.

kuribohgx

pokemon freak
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 17, 2007
    id have to say neither because the starters suck. all of them. the best one i would say is cyndaquil because fire types pwn. once my eevee evolved into an espeon i put my typhlotion in my box.

Years
  • Totodile for me. I used to be a major Cyndaquil fan, but it got boring to see EVERYONE using him when I battled my local trainers. :/

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
  • Cyndaquil. Totodile's ugly, and I don't like grass-type starters. D: And plus, it's a cute mouse. You can't go wrong with a cute mousey~~ :33

...and, fire = l o v e <33

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Chikorita is my favorite out of the first evolutions, but Typhlosion is cooler than the other two end evos... I like Houndoom, so I pick Chickorita most of the time so I can have a better water type than the big gator.

Back