• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite G/S starter

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
Years
  • probably cyndaquil. chikorita is also pretty cool, but i like cynda better. mainly my reasons are because of their final evolutions. meganium is awesome, but typhlosion is just way awesomer

SilverDragonair

Dragon Master
    Years
  • Definitely Chikorita for me, because Meganium is sooo lovely...and I agree it's the hardest to start with because of type disadvantages.

But Charmander was my favorite in R/B and was also the most difficult to start with. Funny how that worked out.. :)

Years
  • Chikorita all the way. :) It was my first starter, and I got it because I had a plushie of it. xD

And it evolves into Bayleef, one of my favorite Pokemon. I have two Bayleefs on my crystal team. xD I'm so sad.

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
  • I still like Chikorita because you can actually have an element of surprise in your strategy. with Meganium, there're tons of good options for movesets, but as much as i love the other two, you always know what's coming. Typhlosion almost always has Flamethrower, Thunderpunch, Earthquake, and one random filler move. and Feraligatr usually has four of the list of: Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Crunch, and Ancientpower, sometimes with a filler move as well. the Meganium can come out with plenty of strategies. it can be a pseudo passer with Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard (though i don't like that one), it can come out with Ancientpower covering its offensive weaknesses, it can learn Swords Dance to power up, it can heal with Synthesis, it can use Counter against fliers and bugs, the list goes on.

...sorry. i went on for a while. but nobody gives Chikorita enough credit.

nano351

Metal and Color games are best
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    I always choose Totadile in my Metal Pokemon games :)
    It's mostly because I've always choosen the water type starter ever since I first played. Anyways, I usually use another version and trade the other two starters to whatever version I'm playing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2007
    The fire one, he is so cute, and powerful. Allthough, the grass type can learn strong moves and Synthesis, which cures his HP, to an extent.

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
    Years
  • This Is A TOugh decision, When I Originaly got the game the art in it did NOT make totodile look to good, but the current art makes him look better and he is ok to me. But anyway Chickorita is cute and learns her/his moves early on so i think i like her to. Cyndaquil, at least to me reminds me of Piplup because the base pokemon is cute but then as they evolve, well THey look really different. Which on a side note brings me to my dilemma I know I will NOT be picking Chimchar because it is hideous in my opinion as well as his evolutions. Turtwig I like because he and his evolutions look very respectable and piplup is cute but I don't know what to think of his evoulutioins...

ANYWAY

1. Chickorita
    2. Cyndaquil
    3. Totodile

Back