• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Gene of Pokemon so far

What is your favorite generation of Pokemon handheld adventure games so far?

• Red, Blue, Green, Yellow

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Gold, Silver, Crystal

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • FireRed and LeafGreen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • HeartGold and SoulSilver

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • PMD Red and Blue Rescue Teams

• PMD Explorers of Time, Darkness, Sky

• Total voters

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hmm, hard to say. But I have to go with Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. I love the way they do the contests on there and the way your character always gets all dressed up for the contest. I don't know why HeartGold/SoulSilver doesn't have Contests cause acording to the show there are Contests in Johto. But oh well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2009
    Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. Idk i just love the oldschool pokemon

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • My favorite generation is the 1st generation. It used to be Johto, but Kanto is where it all began. It's where mewtwo was beast and the trainers were a challenge. The rival was always trying to become better and became champion of the league (basically, he actually did something with himself instead of barry, may, and silver who all give up before the elite four). Greatest game ever.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    I like HG/SS because I've actually played it. Mostly translated, too. It's good and they've made alot of changes.

Ayselipera

I haven't played HG/SS yet so I'm going to have to say G/S/C was my favorite generation so far. I'm sure once HG/SS come out over here that will be my new favorite.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • GSC was the obvious high point in the series. After that, the series became too convoluted with pointless pokemon, pathetic gym leaders, and the very existance of contests to really keep my attention. >_>

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • I see no reason why people like GSC other than Nostalgia. This game gets better every generation.

On that note, D/P/Pt. I haven't even played them, but from what I've seen they are FAR better than any other (GSC included). Heart Gold and Soul Silver are nice, but those are 4th generation games. They're just ment to emulate the second generation.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Mine is R/S/E. Thats where it all changed. It introduced contests, secret bases, and running shoes!

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • 'Tis was a pretty hard choice, but in the end, I picked RSE. Why?

- They had awesome evil teams.
    - They had awesome legendary pokemon. Much better than the terrible DPPt legendaries..
    - Hoenn was a fun region with lots of surprises
    - Secret bases. Oh my god. They were a blast. I nearly started hating Nintendo once I realised they weren't including Secret Bases in DPPtHGSS.
    - METAGROSS AND SALAMENCE!!! :D The two greatest pseudo-legends in my opinion.
    - Emerald had an awesome Battle Frontier, way better than PtHGSS could ever have
    *Pats my Emerald and is happy it is still working*
    I've restarted my game and currently have an all-female team: Female Treecko (lucky), female Wingull and a female Zigzagoon as my HM Slave. :D

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • 'Tis was a pretty hard choice, but in the end, I picked RSE. Why?

- They had awesome evil teams.
    - They had awesome legendary pokemon. Much better than the terrible DPPt legendaries..
    - Hoenn was a fun region with lots of surprises
    - Secret bases. Oh my god. They were a blast. I nearly started hating Nintendo once I realised they weren't including Secret Bases in DPPtHGSS.
    - METAGROSS AND SALAMENCE!!! :D The two greatest pseudo-legends in my opinion.
    - Emerald had an awesome Battle Frontier, way better than PtHGSS could ever have
    *Pats my Emerald and is happy it is still working*
    I've restarted my game and currently have an all-female team: Female Treecko (lucky), female Wingull and a female Zigzagoon as my HM Slave. :D

thankyou! finaly someone who understands all the great stuff in RSE :D :D :D :D :D :D

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Gold, Silver and Crystal, Why? because I just well, fell in love with those games. There's just something about them that the others (besides R/B/Y) don't have... Whats the word... Nostalgia! :P

FireShock

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    It's a hard choice between R/B/G/Y and G/S/C but, I would have to go with G/S/C because I loved how you were able to go to both Kanto and Johto.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • G/S/C here too. Have played so many hours (mostly Pokémon Gold) and have beaten Elite Four and Red so many times. Have had 7 100Lv. Pokémon and 6 shinys (if we count Silver and Crystal too). I still remember my first shiny (that isn't hard) Red Gyarados and the second one was Geodude (and I kept it with me whole game, I didn't know how special it was as I knew only that there's Red Gyarados).
    These games are just amazing! Have also tried HG/SS with DS emulator but played only to the Olivine City as I want to wait for American version first. I have waited a long time for these remakes but I don't know why my japanese gaming stopped to Olivine,
    I remember that I played also Red Rescue Team as japanese and got to spot where Mankey's are making you a new home but I didn't understand anything...

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    G/S/C. Mainly Crystal. Just loved that game. Yellow was amazing, but Crystal just blew my mind. Loved the phone, wish they had that in D/P/P and hopefully it will be in 5th gen. It also has the best starter IMO, Todotile, and the ability to visit Kanto. In D/P/P the new pokemon were becoming silly, so I hope they don't make any new ones in Gen 5

Years
  • I see no reason why people like GSC other than Nostalgia. This game gets better every generation.
    Agreed. GSC was good, but doesn't deserve this "godly" status. I hate how so many people say the series started to lose quality once this "perfect" generation ended, and we hit RSE, my favorite gen. ;_;

I believe in change, and usually the newest games becomes my new fave, since the game does get better. I have not yet played HGSS and Sinnoh was such a boring region... I'll stick with Hoenn.

Last edited:
    Back