• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Generation V Cries

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • Favorite Generation V Cries
    Her cry is the best IMO . It is nice and melodic˙~~

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Victini~ Sounds hyperactive
    Janobii and Jaroda~ sounds like someone's saying "ewww... a snake", and "EEEEEEEEEEEHH! A BIG SNAKE!", respectively
    Koromori~ sounds just like a cave bat, as well as being incredibly cute
    Chiramii~ whoo!
    Tamagetake and Morobareru~ sounds like they're going "heeey!" and "heeyey!" (come to me so I can status you! Don't I look inviting with my pokeball shape?)
    Gochiruzeru~ ....scary. o.o
    Ice cream cones~ sounds like the clinking of ice cubes in a glass
    Rigray and Oobemu~ sounds just like alien interference
    Shandera~ it sounds like the screaming of forsaken souls as they burn in a fire... which is exactly what it does!
    Maggyo~ oh, boy.... not only does it look weird, but it sounds weird too. I'm wondering if it was a game developer's joke to make it something like a whoopie cushion

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    I really like the Fushide line's cries, especially Pendora's because it sounds like a cry a dragon/legendary should have but it's a bug, making it 10x cooler automatically. I also like Musharna's, Sazandora's, Zekrom's and Meloetta's :)

CharCopter

The Golduck Fan
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 5, 2011
    Gamageroge cry makes me laugh
    Ranpuraa has a great cry too
    Marakacchi cry is actually my favorite. Really cool sounding

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    I closed my eyes while watching the video and Oobemu's cry stood out. Very fitting for a Psychic type.
    I like Reshiram's, Meloetta's, and Shandera's cry.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2011
    Musharna's cry is probably my favorite. It just sounds so eerie, it fits musharna well.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    As of now from what I've heard, I don't quite have a favorite yet but I do fond Victini's a lot. It has an adorable squeal I suppose I can say, and it almost seems like it's chirping. Daikenki's cry sounds like a machine or a vacuum turning on; it's like a vibration and although quite awkward, it has a funny sense to it as well. owo; I'd also like to mention Musharna's cry is very mystic and fits it's psychic and calm title very well.

There are quite a few cries that I really like, some being fierce and others sounding simply charming. I don't favorite one excluding out all the others, as there will be a couple that I'll admire equally in favor. I still have yet to hear the others as well. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If you haven't heard the cries yet, there's no point posting here. Instead, wait until you've heard the cries because otherwise your post doesn't contribute much to the discussion.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Out of the two mascot legendaries, I like Reshiram's cry the most. It has a bit of a savant mystic sound which I fond a little more than Zekrom's; it's sounding robotic almost. I didn't expect anything like that for Reshiram's cry, but I can't say I'm disappointing either as it is a typical and decent cry for a Pokémon or moreover, a legendary.

I find Meloetta's cry very interesting. It's almost like a bird whistle singing a high note in a somewhat sharp tone. Definitely unique and original as well, and on behalf of its nature (my judgement on its appearance and style), I would say it suits it fair enough. XD;

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    just me nitpickin as always but i noticed that most of these cries just sound like playing with synths, or whatever theyre called rather than the gen 1-4 where they sounded like beast cries

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I listened to the cries and here are my faves:
    -Tsutarja
    -Jaroda
    -Pokabu
    -Emboar
    -Mijumaru
    -Daikenki (it's epic and suits it perfectly)
    -Musharna (I like how mysterious it sounds)
    -Yorterrie line (they do sound like real dogs)
    -Zebraika
    -Koromori (I actually like its cry better than Zubat's, but Kokoromori's cry sounds worse than Golbat's)
    -Doryuuzu (sounds like a piece of digging equipment)
    -Roopushin (sounds like a tough guy dragging something)
    -Fushide line (Pendora's cry suits it, considering that it's a monster centipede)
    -Warubiaru (sounds like an explosion went off, but why does Warubiru sound almost alike to it?)
    -Aaken/Archaeos (I like how their screeches sound)
    -Zoroark
    -Gochiruzeru (mysterious...)
    -Shubarugo (it reminds me of Bastiodon for some reason)
    -Shandera (though it sounds a bit like an alien, I like it)
    -Ononokusu
    -Komotana/Kirikizan
    -Wargle
    -Aianto
    -Sazandora
    -Reshiram
    -Genosect

Cries I absolutely hate/sound out of place:
    -Dageki (it looks tough, but its cry seems out of place)
    -Baruchai/Barujina

Back